The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Started him 2 and 3 weeks ago (duds), benched him last week. Giving him one last shot in the starting lineup at wr2.

2 minutes ago, dylanj said:

Started him 2 and 3 weeks ago (duds), benched him last week. Giving him one last shot in the starting lineup at wr2.

You weren't the only one who benched him last week after only 7 targets over the prior three games. Hoping last week and a hobbled or inactive Jones means good things this weekend. 

Be warned he will also get lots of attention from panthers dbs. Time for the 2 catch 101 yard 2 td game from tj jones to make everyone hate themselves (except the 5 guys who try tj jones in daily)

• Haha 1

Sorry if this is more bench coach but If Jones is out golladay would likely see a lot of targets. 

Who are some receivers you would start Golladay over?

im considering benching Diggs for him. 

It seems a bit risky because the Panthers could focus on him but the reward could be huge.   

Edited by Under500Forever

56 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Sorry if this is more bench coach but If Jones is out golladay would likely see a lot of targets. 

Who are some receivers you would start Golladay over?

im considering benching Diggs for him. 

It seems a bit risky because the Panthers could focus on him but the reward could be huge.   

I'd probably start Diggs because he is "safer." If your lineup needs upside tho, I can see why you start Golladay over him. I would probably use him over people like MVS, Boyd, Brown, Watkins, Cooper, Baldwin, Davis, etc.

The WR rankings by Daugherty is probably a reasonable baseline for players you could sit Golladay for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilovepelas said:

Be warned he will also get lots of attention from panthers dbs. Time for the 2 catch 101 yard 2 td game from tj jones to make everyone hate themselves (except the 5 guys who try tj jones in daily)

Youve just convinced me to throw jones out there in a daily lineup 

Sounds like Jones isn't gonna play and even If he suits up he won't be 100%. 

The perfect storm for Golloday is that Jones misses time. 

14 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Im not so sure. What if they focus on taking him out seeing Lions don’t have another scary threat to worry about? 

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

Im not so sure. What if they focus on taking him out seeing Lions don’t have another scary threat to worry about? 

Could happen but this is the best option I've got in the flex. He just had a good game and he's a physical freak. Stafford has played poorly, hoping he gets smart and starts riding Kenny G. 

7 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Or that he is out there as a decoy ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Could happen but this is the best option I've got in the flex. He just had a good game and he's a physical freak. Stafford has played poorly, hoping he gets smart and starts riding Kenny G. 

A guy like Stafford just doesn’t start to play poorly without a reason. 

So, what is the reason?  The OL sux. He was sacked 10 times two weeks ago and a bunch more this past week.  Carolina front 7 will be after him all day. It could be ugly. You should think of owning Theo because I see a lot of quick drop offs. Maybe I should too. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe they draw up some plays to get Golladay the ball and often if MJJ is out. Hard for me to bench Golladay this week 

19 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

A guy like Stafford just doesn’t start to play poorly without a reason. 

So, what is the reason?  The OL sux. He was sacked 10 times two weeks ago and a bunch more this past week.  Carolina front 7 will be after him all day. It could be ugly. You should think of owning Theo because I see a lot of quick drop offs. Maybe I should too. 

Didnt they say this last week against the bears though? I know most of Golladay's production came after MJJ was injured, but he might not even play, or might be a decoy this week. I dont see how Golladay doesnt put up WR2 numbers this week, mainly by default.

I see a stat line along the lines of 8 catches for 96 yards for Golladay this week.

37 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I see a stat line along the lines of 8 catches for 96 yards for Golladay this week.

And 2 TD's!

You left out the 2 TD's!! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The G Man said:

And 2 TD's!

You left out the 2 TD's!! 

You're right, lol.  But now that I typed that, he'll probably have closer to 3 catches for 30 yards and 0 touchdowns.

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

You're right, lol.  But now that I typed that, he'll probably have closer to 3 catches for 30 yards and 0 touchdowns.

Awww man, don't say that!

15 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Awww man, don't say that!

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets double coverage treatment because he's really their only true receiving threat now with Tate gone and Jones injured.

I'm not getting my hopes too high since he will basically be the only receiving option and they will focus on him.  That said, he should still see enough targets to put up an acceptable game. 

Prediction based on Marvin not playing:

12 targets

5 recs

87 yards

1 TD

Best case scenario for Golladay owners is Marvin is active, but just plays the decoy role.  If that's the case, we can realistically expect a blowup game from Kenny G.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

I'm not getting my hopes too high since he will basically be the only receiving option and they will focus on him.  That said, he should still see enough targets to put up an acceptable game. 

Prediction based on Marvin not playing:

12 targets

5 recs

87 yards

1 TD

Best case scenario for Golladay owners is Marvin is active, but just plays the decoy role.  If that's the case, we can realistically expect a blowup game from Kenny G.

Yeah, but how many times does that happen? Marvin has never helped Golladay. The only way for KG to get targets is to be the only option for Stafford. He's like a scared puppy out there lately. I do understand the O-line isn't helping the situation, but this is also the same guy that made Megatron look bad on the stat sheet in quite a few games.