The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

You know who shuts down Golladay? Mathew Stafford, that’s who. He’s the entire problem. When he’s running scared behind that terrible offensive line and has decent short options then he ignores KG. This weekend proved he will only throw to Kenny when he’s about the last option on the face of the Earth. Finally, he let Kenny eat. The guy is a stud on a sh* team with a sh* QB.

People were saying about Odell and David Johnson earlier. 

1 minute ago, krest509 said:

Matthew Stafford shutting our boy down

Why did I even bother......I should have played James White trusting in Tom Brady instead of Matthew Friggin Stafford. 

When Ellington and tj Jones have more points, hell even Luke Willson getting in on the action! 

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I feel better. He has 10 points at least. Still hoping for many more down the stretch and maybe even overtime. 

on that last catch of his i thought he had a good shot to split the two DBs and house it - kid took that curl, turned it straight upfield -lotta power, and those wheels almost got six. 

• Like 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

on that last catch of his i thought he had a good shot to split the two DBs and house it - kid took that curl, turned it straight upfield -lotta power, and those wheels almost got six. 

I was hoping for that too.....a td would be nice.....

Oh well.....so close on that td I wanted. I’m also bummed Lions didn’t get the ball back with 50 seconds left. Geez...3rd and 9, you know they are going to run Cohen....where in the heck are the safeties coming up attacking the ball? No one even touched him. How does that happen? 

• Like 2

Need to fire Jim Bob, that first half running 2 yard routes and ignoring Kenny was Mike McCoy tier play calling. 

5-90 on 8 targets & almost a tremendous TD on a really tough play. This kid is a beast & if Stafford starts targeting him 10 times a game he will be in the Top 10 WR conversation next summer

7 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

5-90 on 8 targets & almost a tremendous TD on a really tough play. This kid is a beast & if Stafford starts targeting him 10 times a game he will be in the Top 10 WR conversation next summer

I think he is great, but it's a nightmare watching this offense.

The play calling is predictable. The QB is AT BEST average. The Lions are insistent on establishing the run game. The Lions tend to go overly conservative for large parts of the game, i.e. run on first down, 2 yard out route, check down to RB, punt - Repeat

And for the second game in a row, it seems like the Lions have zero desire to get Kenny G involved early on.....it's only down the stretch that they start featuring him. I just don't get that approach.

Just when I think I can safely relegate Kenny back to the bench, he shows 2nd half life that makes me think I should continue slotting in him as my WR2.

• Thanks 1

Wonder what's going to happen when MJJ comes back. Lions offense is hard to watch, and Golladay doesnt get the ball until the 4th quarter it seems. Hard to bench the guy though, way too talented. The offense itself scares me, though.

2 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

When Ellington and tj Jones have more points, hell even Luke Willson getting in on the action! 

It's been that way for the last 5 or so years. Its' one of the reasons Calvin Johnson quit. Stafford is garbage and won't make the tough throws. Actually he can't make them because he's a pile of garbage. The best receiver rarely pus up big games and if they do, it's usually garbage time stats when the other team is packing up their gear and making fun of assclown Stafford.

15 hours ago, meverett85 said:

I think he is great, but it's a nightmare watching this offense.

The play calling is predictable. The QB is AT BEST average. The Lions are insistent on establishing the run game. The Lions tend to go overly conservative for large parts of the game, i.e. run on first down, 2 yard out route, check down to RB, punt - Repeat

And for the second game in a row, it seems like the Lions have zero desire to get Kenny G involved early on.....it's only down the stretch that they start featuring him. I just don't get that approach.

Just when I think I can safely relegate Kenny back to the bench, he shows 2nd half life that makes me think I should continue slotting in him as my WR2.

Great observations here mate. 

I too am concerned about playing him in my flex. The schedule doesn’t look good for ROS and like you said he only seems to get involved down the stretch. That creates a lot of anxiety with owners seeing he has one catch for 5 yds at halftime. 

Stafford and the OL simply cannot be trusted. 

5 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Marvin on IR!!!

Normally I would get happy but Matthew Stafford is hot garbage.  I will be starting KG the rest of the way regardless since I don’t have better options but it’s just disheartening to know in the back of your mind what this kid could be putting up fantasy wise if Stafford wasn’t trash.  

1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Normally I would get happy but Matthew Stafford is hot garbage.  I will be starting KG the rest of the way regardless since I don’t have better options but it’s just disheartening to know in the back of your mind what this kid could be putting up fantasy wise if Stafford wasn’t trash.  

WR3 with upside. He will get lots of targets each week. As well has top and double coverage. :(

1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Stafford is a loser, but he puts up 4200-4400 yards and 24-30 TDs every year. Without Tate and Jones, someone has to get some of those yards and TDs. Golladay is clearly the best WR left on that roster. 

Not to mention the Lions have a bad defense so will likely have to play catch-up most games. 

15 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

WR3 with upside. He will get lots of targets each week. As well has top and double coverage. :(

He was a WR3 with upside with Tate and Jones. He's a very solid WR2 with WR1 upside now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He was a WR3 with upside with Tate and Jones. He's a very solid WR2 with WR1 upside now. 

He was a WR3 this week in 1/2 PPR without them. 

5 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

He had 5 catches for 90 yards. I imagine that is borderline WR2 numbers. 

If he continues putting up 5 catches for 90 yards, you have at the very least a WR2. 

I think he is a solid (weekly) WR2 with WR1 upside and WR3 floor

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

This was his worst game with them out and nearly had an unbelievable touchdown catch. He’s a WR2 at least.