The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

9 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

This was his worst game with them out and nearly had an unbelievable touchdown catch. He’s a WR2 at least.

I'm good with that. He won't win you a week on his own which is really all I care about when facing people like Tyfreak, Juju, Cooper, Julio, Adams, Thomas who could literally carry your team to the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

He was a WR3 this week in 1/2 PPR without them. 

Last 3 weeks in 0.5 PPR he's averaging 17 points and 12 targets. They'll be passing all day against the Rams because they'll be losing. You'd be hard-pressed to find one WR ranking where he's outside the top 20 this week. 

35 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

He was a WR3 this week in 1/2 PPR without them. 

Unless he is playing the Bears the next 4 weeks I would consider that his floor. 

12 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Unless he is playing the Bears the next 4 weeks I would consider that his floor. 

Playoffs:
WK14 - ARI 23rd most FFP to WR
WK15 - BUF 32nd most FFP to WR
WK16 - MIN 29th most FFP to WR

B-rutal!

1 minute ago, martinjlm said:

Playoffs:

B-rutal!

Arizona just let Rivers throw a perfect game on Sunday. 

And Xavier Rhodes looks out for a long time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Nit pick it but it's not a good schedule overall. Just sayin'.

I traded him with Lindsay for Cooks. It was mainly due to the schedule and Marvin and the dude throwing to him. But now that Marvin is out of the picture his floor looks pretty nice even with the bad schedule and scared QB. 

2 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Playoffs:

B-rutal!

Plus they are 2 matchups that shouldn't require a lot of passing to be competitive in the game.

• Like 1

Definitely wish the schedule was better, but yeah...he's locked into my starting lineup for the ROS (out of necessity as much as opportunity!). 

Edited by The G Man

Kenny’s looking pretty good no doubt and I’m sure he can exploit the coverage he gets. Good body control with strong hands are all reasons to like the cat.  The real mystery is how does he go fo no looks for full halves of games or more. If I were calling plays there I would hit him at least every other set of downs. It’s a flawed scheme in DET and Stafford has lost most his confidence. Opportunity is knocking in the D for Kenny G but too many obstacles to go ape**** on the League. 7 to 20 a week. 

Dude has been a strong WR2 outside of those 3 weeks after the BYE when his usage unexpectedly dipped. It likely won't be pretty but I'd have him easily in my top 20 ROS. 

Edited by Jaw1

Predicting Kenny’s ros production solely based on upcoming schedule is not a winning formula

Edited by SonataArctica

3 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Rhodes won’t miss any time...maybe one week at most. 

I don’t know if Peterson shadows best player, but if he does, I can see Stafford looking away quite a bit. 

19 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Rhodes won’t miss any time...maybe one week at most. 

I don’t know if Peterson shadows best player, but if he does, I can see Stafford looking away quite a bit. 

I dont know if Peterson shadowed Keenan Allen this past week, but Allen had his way out there, and if it wasn't for a 45-10 scoreboard, they would have needed him even more.

Also keep in mind, Golladay plays out of the slot a decent amount. Not sure if that is DET scheming ways for him to get out of #1 DB coverage or what, but it is something to consider, because I'm not sure if Peterson follows guys to the slot.

26 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

I dont know if Peterson shadowed Keenan Allen this past week, but Allen had his way out there, and if it wasn't for a 45-10 scoreboard, they would have needed him even more.

Also keep in mind, Golladay plays out of the slot a decent amount. Not sure if that is DET scheming ways for him to get out of #1 DB coverage or what, but it is something to consider, because I'm not sure if Peterson follows guys to the slot.

There was one play I saw P2 follow Allen to the slot but he wasn’t on him for every snap.

9 minutes ago, rocket said:

Marvin Jones out for ROS on IR.  Golladay stock up!!!

What!?!?!.... OMG!!!.... NO WAY!!!!!... if only we had known that almost 24hrs ago....... oh wait...

• Haha 1

I know Jones is out, but I see three big obstacles in his way this week....

1. The Rams pass rush is ferocious led by Darnold. Stafford has been dumping it off a lot to protect his body so maybe he won’t have the time to let KG run his route to get open

2. ATalib is now practicing and may be back. 

3. The Rams May run run run, especially when up big in the second half and shorten the clock quite a bit which may mean no garbage points in the 4th q

He has the 4th most targets in the NFL since the trade deadline. I believe the three in front of him were AB, Julio, and Juju.

5 hours ago, SonataArctica said:

Dare I say wr1?

Rams should put up points on the Lions pretty easily, so thinking game script will be in his favor. Hope so anyway 'cause I sure as hell need it!

One of the last men standing in the corral, most of his competition for looks has gone by the wayside, firing this up in week 13. 

Tough schedule or no tough schedule, Golloday has an absolute dream setup in hand to get heavy volume down the stretch. Add in his penchant for heavy yards per target, physical attributes, and ability to make huge plays that get owner's towards yardage escalators, unless he gets dinnged up or bombs week 13, it's gonna be hard to leave Kenny G on the pine in the tournament of death. 

Pick 143 overall, the IL product, straight paying. 

Go kid go. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1