3B-MACHADO

SS-TREA TURNER

OF-YELICH, BUXTON, MARTE

UTIL-SMOAK, BIRD, 

ARCIA, BRANTLEY, HANIGER, J. MARTINEZ

SP: CARRASCO, KEUCHEL, ARRIETA, W00D

SANCHEZ, ANDERSON, L. LYNN, S. NEWCOMB

RP: DAVIS, HERRERA, BRADLEY, PARKER

.....Thoughts/Suggestions? I got F*** on my second pick...I tried to take SALE but the system gave me MACHADO :'(

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

I don't think it sucks, but some of your success may depend on guys like Smoak having another decent year, other guys staying healthy like Ramos, Carrasco, Brantley. Your SP looks pretty solid, if Carrasco stays healthy he should give you a ace type SP allowing the others to fall in line behind him. 

it doesnt SUCK...but you will need alot to go right for this team to challenge for a title

for only a 10 team league, your offense is fine, but that staff could have used sale without question

Bats are good but as the others said require you to hit on a few guys like Bird and Smoak and even Marte to be really elite in a 10 teamer. Arms are unfortunately probably below average in a 10 teamer but have some upside at least. 

Offense is good but not great for a shallow 10 teamer, some of the guys on the staff Im not that high on even some of the good ones like CC and DK are ones I would lean towards others on the same tier, kind of not interested in Arrietta either. 

* 10 teamer - not sure Jose Martinez has consistent enough at-bats to be rostering in a 10-teamer especially one that doesnt use CI. 

* 1B a little worrisome for 10-teamer also. 

If I owned this team, knowing Machado is gonna be SS eligible soon, I might look to make a move involving Turner and see what kind of haul that could pull you back?  Could you deal like Turner, Arrietta and like Gallo for Rizzo, that teams top P and a throw in?  Or similar with maybe the Freeman owner?    Or see what Machado-Arrietta would pull you.   

Edited by parrothead
  • Like 1

Hrm..  Decent, needs a bit of work for a 10 teamer

1)  brantley isn't owned in most 12 team leagues i'm in

2)  bullpen will need help

3)  after carrasco/keuchel that pitching staff is a little light for a 10 team

4)  offense should be fine except maybe in avg

Edited by LJJr

Average, but not terrible. Idk what happened, but Gallo as your starting 1B says a lot. The Machado pick in the 2nd round is fine and I wouldn't worry too much about not getting Sale. Yes, having a bonified stud up top is great, but I think pitching is a bit overrated this year. Outside of those top guys, there is plenty of quality arms deeper in the draft. Like the others said, your team depends on guys repeating their good years. You have a higher ceiling than you think, but your floor will depend on those guys performing/not getting hurt. I think Bird is due for a big year, so possibly package Gallo and another arm and try to bring back a better pitcher? Not sure if you would be willing to do that.

Balanced team, could use some additional arms. You'll need to be active on the waivers though...find a hidden Gem