Rolling Thunder

2018 WR Rankings and Discussion

Posted (edited)

Whether it's AB or Nuk early, or multiple guys in the mid-rounds, consistently productive WRs are absolutely essential to any team's play-off run.  With OTAs underway now, here are some value candidates on my watch list, along with their current ADP (FFC 12 team PPR):

Gordon (4)

Crabtree (6)

C. Davis (6)

Garcon (7)

Sanders (8)

Cobb (9)

Crowder (9)

Doctson (12)

M. Williams (12)

Stills (13)

Lockett (14)

Kirk (14)

Boyd (--)

Butler (--)

Edited by Rolling Thunder
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Whether it's AB or Nuk early, or multiple guys in the mid-rounds, consistently productive WRs are absolutely essential to any team's play-off run.  With OTAs underway now, here are some value candidates on my watch list, along with their current ADP (FFC 12 team PPR):

Gordon (4)

Crabtree (6)

C. Davis (6)

Garcon (7)

Sanders (8)

Cobb (9)

Crowder (9)

Doctson (12)

M. Williams (12)

Stills (13)

Lockett (14)

Kirk (14)

Boyd (--)

Butler (--)

Many on my list too. Love Sanders, but I’m concerned of his aging health. Still, ADP is a safe expenditure currently. Can’t see why Crabtree wouldn’t fly as a Raven, baffled as to why his ADP has dropped from last season, great fit on the offense. All three Jax WRs on my list as well, though none ahead of the other. Not sure how to reckon Hurns into this question. As for Stills, edit your post and remove him: xnay on the Stills-say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Gordon (4)

Crabtree (6)

C. Davis (6)

Garcon (7)

Sanders (8)

Cobb (9)

Crowder (9)

Doctson (12)

M. Williams (12)

Stills (13)

Lockett (14)

Kirk (14)

Boyd (--)

Butler (--)

Josh Gordon's got the talent. What are people's realistic expectations in the Jackson/Mayfield/Taylor offense? 

Like Crowder, and really like Stills and Kirk as too of my favorite late round guys. 

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

As for Stills, edit your post and remove him: xnay on the Stills-say.

Why?  He is virtually free and has a chance

to lead the Fins in receps.  Folks forget how young he still is.  I don't follow the team, but the buzz I have picked up suggests that he is assuming a leadership role.

22 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Why?  He is virtually free and has a chance

to lead the Fins in receps.  Folks forget how young he still is.  I don't follow the team, but the buzz I have picked up suggests that he is assuming a leadership role.

He's asking you to keep Stills a secret because he also likes him lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stills in the 13th is just insane.    I just really feel strongly that I can nab a couple WR3's and get Stills and maybe even another overlooked guy later on, and pay off.   Meanwhile, the RB's wont be anywhere near that deep.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Stills in the 13th is just insane.    I just really feel strongly that I can nab a couple WR3's and get Stills and maybe even another overlooked guy later on, and pay off.   Meanwhile, the RB's wont be anywhere near that deep.   

OT, but NFL reality seems to be that offenses are spreading WR targets around more evenly, and a fair number of teams love their RBBC.  That leaves precious few offenses that feature a lead, all-down RB. 

When it comes to value (draft or auction) right now, the pecking order is rather easy to discern regardless of format. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pascuccis1 said:

This is exactly what ive been doing in early mocks. RB is a disaster afterwards. Ive typically gone 3 RBs straight in mocks.

i see alot of early talk about DT. is everyone forgetting about Emmaunel Sanders though ? Hes been going late in drafts and looks like a screaming value. Lets not forget before last years debacle. He had 3 consecutive 1000+ yd/ 5+ TD seasons. I think keenum is certainly competent enough to feed both DT and Sanders. their passing tree is very skinny out there. 

Three straight rounds RBs eh?   I'd love to know who you've been getting.  

In my mock drafts after 2 rounds drafters have taken RBs so heavily there isn't much left at the position once the 3rd round begins.  

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

In my mock drafts after 2 rounds drafters have taken RBs so heavily there isn't much left at the position once the 3rd round begins.  

Depends when you pick. If you are first you can grab Elliot, Mixon, and McKinnon for example. Kamara, Freeman, and Drake if you are middle. Cook, Freeman, and Collins if you are later. All are realistic options. 

Now, I think all are bad combinations but they're possible. I like RB/RB/WR this year. Once you get outside the top 13 RBs it becomes an utter s--- show in my opinion and all the elite WRs are left. 

33 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Depends when you pick. If you are first you can grab Elliot, Mixon, and McKinnon for example. Kamara, Freeman, and Drake if you are middle. Cook, Freeman, and Collins if you are later. All are realistic options. 

Now, I think all are bad combinations but they're possible. I like RB/RB/WR this year. Once you get outside the top 13 RBs it becomes an utter s--- show in my opinion and all the elite WRs are left. 

In my opinion RB is as deep as it's ever been, Tomato, to-ma-to I guess.

4 minutes ago, Shake said:

Have you done any mocks this season yet?  I was stunned at how deep WR was this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shake said:

To me it seems really top heavy. Yes, it is deeper than usual up top. However, once you get down it seems to fall a bit. Ajayi, Drake, Collins, Collins, Miller, Ingram, Lynch, Hyde, and etc just flat out don't interest me. Especially compared to Gordon, Diggs, Robinson, Baldwin, Juju, and others.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Have you done any mocks this season yet?  I was stunned at how deep WR was this year.

Image result for josh gordon gif

This mans ADP isn't even top 3 rounds. I'm sure it will rise but WR depth is absurd later on due to so much RBs going early.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Been doing mocks since late February.

I feel like WR drops off after the top 8 (AB, Odell, Hop, Julio, Thomas, Keenan, AJ Green, Evans).  

There's a few guys I like in the next 10-12, but there's quite a few question marks as well attached to those guys.

Of those guys the guys I like the most are:  Fitz, TY (with Luck), Gordon, and either Diggs or Thielen (whomever Cousins seems more attached to)

Edited by Shake

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

To me it seems really top heavy. Yes, it is deeper than usual up top. However, once you get down it seems to fall a bit. Ajayi, Drake, Collins, Collins, Miller, Ingram, Lynch, Hyde, and etc just flat out don't interest me. Especially compared to Gordon, Diggs, Robinson, Baldwin, Juju, and others.

Of course, I'm not going to pick Ajayi, Collins, Lynch or Hyde over those guys.

But you also failed to mention D. Lewis, Michel, Ronald Jones, Guice, Penny,  among others, though I guess they're more around round 5ish or so probably, though Penny may end up a bit higher than that I guess.

Preferably I'd rather grab an elite WR in round 1, and see what's available in round 2.  I don't think there's that many elite WR's this year as opposed to RBs.

Perhaps you grab a top 12-13 RB if you pick near the mid-end of round 2 or if they're gone there's always the possibility of doubling up from the top 8 WR's or so, or Gronk of course. It just depends on how the draft goes to me, I don't have a set strategy. I could go many different ways.

I just feel like there's more of a drop off in the WR's from the elite to the next tiers than there's is from the RBs. But that's just my feeling, I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.

Edited by Shake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Image result for josh gordon gif

This mans ADP isn't even top 3 rounds. I'm sure it will rise but WR depth is absurd later on due to so much RBs going early.

That clip was from back when the iPhone 5 was new and Ray Rice was still in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shake said:

Been doing mocks since late February.

I feel like WR drops off after the top 8 (AB, Odell, Hop, Julio, Thomas, Keenan, AJ Green, Evans).  

There's a few guys I like in the next 10-12, but there's quite a few question marks as well attached to those guys.

Of those guys the guys I like the most are:  Fitz, TY (with Luck), Gordon, and either Diggs or Thielen (whomever Cousins seems more attached to)

No Adams or Hill?  

18 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

No Adams or Hill?  

I’d rather not draft either one of them at their current draft cost to be honest.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, theSPANKER said:

GoHawks has it pretty spot on with the groupings. I also did one this morning. I was 10th out of 12. I ended up with Barkly, Fournette, and Mixon. it hasn't been as aggressive as what you've said but then again ive been doing them on Yahoo so maybe its a different crowd from where you've been doing yours.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Gohawks said:

Ive also thought of RB/RB/WR too or even RB/RB/TE to try to get one of the stud TEs. to be more balanced. its all gonna really depend on whos left on the board for that 3rd pick. if all the bellcow RBs are gone then obviously not going to force anything and would pivot to WR.

1.  Brown

2.  Odell

3.  Hopkins

4.  Julio

5.  K Allen

6.  AJ Green

7.  M Thomas

8.  D Baldwin

9.  T.Y. Hilton

10. M Evans

11. D Adams

12. S Diggs

13. T Hill

14. A Thielen

15. A Cooper

16. J Gordon

17. A Robinson

18. L Fitzgerald

19. A Jeffrey

20. M Jones

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

1.  Brown

2.  Odell

3.  Hopkins

4.  Julio

5.  K Allen

6.  AJ Green

7.  M Thomas

8.  D Baldwin

9.  T.Y. Hilton

10. M Evans

11. D Adams

12. S Diggs

13. T Hill

14. A Thielen

15. A Cooper

16. J Gordon

17. A Robinson

18. L Fitzgerald

19. A Jeffrey

20. M Jones

I have Fitz higher, and I am not as confident about Hill, ARob and Jeffrey as most folks (just me), but otherwise I like the list.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 12:28 AM, Shake said:

I’d rather not draft either one of them at their current draft cost to be honest.

I like Adams over Mike Evans.  I think he will be more consistent with Rodgers throwing to him.  And no Jordy!

Hill makes me nervous this year.  But it’s because I have serious reservations about Mahomes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerdown said:

Hill makes me nervous this year.  But it’s because I have serious reservations about Mahomes. 

Until we see Mahomes with the weight of a team on his shoulders and DCs loading up on his every perceived weakness, how can we not see risk?  Also, Hill seems more at the mercy of QB play than someone who wins with size/catch radius rather twitch/timing.   While bigger WRs like Jeffrey and ARob have managed to produce with poor QB play, I have to wonder how guys like AB and TY would have fared with the likes of Cutler and Bortles.   Not saying that Mahomes will prove to be as rough as Cutler or Bortles (he could end up being the next Watson), but you get the point.  Until we see what Mahomes can do when the real bullets fly, the Mahomes-to-Hill combo seems a potentially fragile one to me.  

Why do you have "serious reservations" about Mahomes?

41 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Until we see Mahomes with the weight of a team on his shoulders and DCs loading up on his every perceived weakness, how can we not see risk?  Also, Hill seems more at the mercy of QB play than someone who wins with size/catch radius rather twitch/timing.   While bigger WRs like Jeffrey and ARob have managed to produce with poor QB play, I have to wonder how guys like AB and TY would have fared with the likes of Cutler and Bortles.   Not saying that Mahomes will prove to be as rough as Cutler or Bortles (he could end up being the next Watson), but you get the point.  Until we see what Mahomes can do when the real bullets fly, the Mahomes-to-Hill combo seems a potentially fragile one to me.  

Hill also has to deal with Watkins getting targets now too. Theyre def going to be cannablilizing production from eachother. Watkins goes so much later than Hill. if I were to take a shot on either one id go Watkins. Also this came out for what its worth..

Chiefs.com's B.J. Kissel writes the connection between Patrick Mahomes and Sammy Watkins is "real."
Kissel writes Mahomes and Watkins have consistently been connecting throughout the offseason program, and fellow receiver Chris Conley said Watkins has picked up the offense "as fast as anyone I've seen." This kind of offseason chatter should always be taken with the biggest grain of salt, but it is still better than the alternative. Watkins' fantasy upside is limited with Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Kareem Hunt also demanding targets, but he has some upside in the middle rounds. Jun 14 - 12:46 PM"

1 hour ago, Rolling Thunder said:

He is basically a rookie.  He isn’t that accurate.  He is prone to throwing INTs, and when he starts doing that I think Reid scales the offense back and relies more on Hunt. 

• Thanks 1