Carlos Correa

Mike Foltynewicz 2018 Outlook

I had a waiver claim in for him but then cancelled it.  He's been great this year though how can I pass him up.  I could drop Matt Davidson or Byron Buxton.  To me those were the 2 most logical drops.  Hard to drop Davidson, so got rid of Buxton.

I still want to believe in him, but I’m not sure if I should. Still seems to let too many people on base honestly to really trust him ROS. 

46 minutes ago, Akecheta said:

Why is he still only 46% owned? 

Because he has tantalized and teased for three years now, only to never really put it together.  He has always had an elite fastball, throwing and easy 98, and was a fringe top-100 prospect coming out of the minors.  "If only he could get his command together" he would be a star pitcher, the scouting reports read.

Well, for the past two years he has had a respectable 3.0 BB/9, only to put up and ERA around 4.60 and WHIP around 1.40.  Is this the year he *really* breaks out?  Yeah, maybe, and in a deeper league he's a great back-end starter or bench stash. But for me, he's still in the category of "prove it for a full season" before I will believe that he has reached his #2 starter potential.

• Like 3

Anyone else starting him today? A performance like his last start would be awesome! (6IP, 3H, 2BB, 1ER, 6K)

Maybe he can start hitting 7 IP soon?

I see a little bit of Paxton/Robbie Ray in him (ie. Control issues but with undeniable K ability).

Hopefully he can refine his game as the year goes along.

11 minutes ago, yung lxrd said:

Anyone else starting him today? A performance like his last start would be awesome! (6IP, 3H, 2BB, 1ER, 6K)

Maybe he can start hitting 7 IP soon?

I see a little bit of Paxton/Robbie Ray in him (ie. Control issues but with undeniable K ability).

Hopefully he can refine his game as the year goes along.

Take a look at his stats v Giants hitters . They're vomit inducing. 

Well he was a pretty bad pitcher before this year.  Last year no one would want to be streamng him.  I kinda throw those stats out the window.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:04 PM, Akecheta said:

Depends where you are citing...

The only own and start % that offers accurate portrayal of player value/availability is CBS...where he's 86% owned and 63% started.

3 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Well he was a pretty bad pitcher before this year.  Last year no one would want to be streamng him.  I kinda throw those stats out the window.

On 4/29/2018 at 6:04 PM, Akecheta said:

this is why.  Ticking time bomb.  Can’t throw strikes.  Huge arm talent, F- command.  Never know when the ratio bomb will hit you.  Could dominate the Astros one start and give up 9 ER against Marlins next.  Life of owning guys who have awful control/command, and zero changeup.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 2

Just now, Cmilne23 said:

this is why.  Ticking time bomb.  Can’t throw strikes.  Huge arm talent, F- command.  Never know when the ratio bomb will hit you.  Could dominate the Astros one start and give up 9 ER against marlins next.  Life of owning guy who have awful control/command, and zero changeup.  

pretty much spot on.

• Like 1

Watching his start, and he just cannot locate any of his pitches. He gets frustrated way too easily and just doesn't seem to have the mental makeup of a great pitcher.

I see him as just another average SP who will have a good outing every now and then, but cannot be trusted at all as a fantasy pitcher.

I've already dropped him in my league and will be looking to pick up Soroka.

Wasn't the greatest matchup in the world for ole Folty anyway. Giants hit the RHP hard. 

1 minute ago, yung lxrd said:

Watching his start, and he just cannot locate any of his pitches. He gets frustrated way too easily and just doesn't seem to have the mental makeup of a great pitcher.

I see him as just another average SP who will have a good outing every now and then, but cannot be trusted at all as a fantasy pitcher.

I've already dropped him in my league and will be looking to pick up Soroka.

That 3-2 slider to Hanson was probably the worst slider I’ve seen thrown this season.  Save your arm and just lob it under hand next time if you’re going to just put it at the belt on a tee.  This start is toast.  

Edited by Cmilne23

4 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

this is why.  Ticking time bomb.  Can’t throw strikes.  Huge arm talent, F- command.  Never know when the ratio bomb will hit you.  Could dominate the Astros one start and give up 9 ER against Marlins next.  Life of owning guys who have awful control/command, and zero changeup.  

Well said. I traded him away already, but this was disgusting to watch. 

• Like 1

5 IP, 0ER, 4K, and a Win.  But for the love of God can a brother get a QS???

Other than that keep doin you Folty.

40 minutes ago, slowride said:

5 IP, 0ER, 4K, and a Win.  But for the love of God can a brother get a QS???

Other than that keep doin you Folty.

Blame this on him being in NL. He was subbed by the pinch hitter at the top of 6th in the middle of Braves rally. He has only thrown 86 pitches at that point. 

1 minute ago, ctrlsoul said:

Blame this on him being in NL. He was subbed by the pinch hitter at the top of 6th in the middle of Braves rally. He has only thrown 86 pitches at that point. 

86 pitches through 5 innings es no bueno in a QS league.  This guy has little value in that type of league (and unfortunately I'm an owner in that type of league). :(

On 5/4/2018 at 8:21 PM, yung lxrd said:

GARBAGE - AVOID!

Good read. You should write for fangraphs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

86 pitches through 5 innings es no bueno in a QS league.  This guy has little value in that type of league (and unfortunately I'm an owner in that type of league). :(

This is one of his downfalls is his lack of pitch efficiency, always has been. 

anyone else rolling him out tonight vs the Cubs? I am scared he is going to blow up my ratios even further...

7 hours ago, pjoner said:

anyone else rolling him out tonight vs the Cubs? I am scared he is going to blow up my ratios even further...

He’s making quick work of the hot cubbies