colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

My team is hitting .184 this week. 

O. Herrera forgot how to hit.  1 for his last 22.  

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

O. Herrera forgot how to hit.  1 for his last 22.  

i mentioned this in the game day thread last night.

his head must be full of rocks because i've seen a few of his ABs lately, and he was swinging at pitches like 2 feet in dirt in front of home plate.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

pretty sure i have at least 5 DL players on all 7 of my teams. 

yep i do 

Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

i mentioned this in the game day thread last night.

his head must be full of rocks because i've seen a few of his ABs lately, and he was swinging at pitches like 2 feet in dirt in front of home plate.

Yeah sometimes it’s tough for guys to have a cold streak.  When they start out crazy on fire like he was, and then begin to cool down, they can try so hard to get it back.

in my 14 team deep keeper we roster 30 players. 

I reviewed my keepers, draft picks and free agent pickups for the season.

I have had 24 of the above players go on the DL.  

at 50IP im rocking a 6.12 ERA.  ALL my pitchers just got shelled this week.

But then again, i guess i didnt really stand a chance since im going up against aces like chacin, tyler anderson kenta maeda, and velasquez

• Sad 1

1.435  WHIP....

I'll just go lay down now.

Lol just never f***ing fails on Sundays.  Last week go from up 7-3 to losing 4-5-1 and this week go from up 5-4-1 to losing 2-8.  Just never fails that my opponents offense goes nuts on Sunday while mine either gets a day off or might as well by not showing up at the plate.  Complete bull****.

GODDAMNIT PITCHING.

just absolutely ******** dreadful this week.  ERA of 6.10 right now over 62IP.  2 quality starts.  

all i needed was a ******** win from stripling today to secure that category to win the week.  not happening.  dodgers cant score and striplings pixie dust is wearing off.

ALSO, extra ******** inning games.  Just more opportunities for my ******** opponent to pad his stats.  I think i literally have yet to get a single ******** hit from any of my hitters in extra innings.  Thats not an exaggeration.  i know because i've paid close attention to it.  

so ******** annoying.

Godley you pathetic MF’r. I officially will never own that POS again. Just trash. 

And thanks again Reds and Iglesias. Just had to get work down 10-0?!

fantasy would be so much easier if i didnt have 0 shares combine of mookie, jdm, lindor, jo ram

• Like 1

Kingham shouldn’t sniff a major league roster again.  Dude is terrible.  Like, really bad.

1/22 to start the week. Reds bullpen blow Castillos lead. Bumgarner meltdown in 7th. Rodney blows Gibsons win. All round great nite!!

after treas monster 2 hr 8 rbi 3 run game im only down, 8 runs, 2 hrs, 7 rbis, 3 sb, 52 pts on avg 

did i mention my opponent has 1 bat inside the top 50 overall and only 3 hitters inside the top 100 overall?

fn H2H doing me dirty this week

2nd straight week one of my players was announced to be on paternity leave on Monday right after lineups were locked for the week.

8 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

2nd straight week one of my players was announced to be on paternity leave on Monday right after lineups were locked for the week.

Truly committed fantasy managers follow all their players wives on Instagram for this very reason...

(no, not really)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Loving the angst in this thread. Definitely gonna start spending more time in here.

Edit: Great ******** start to the week. Nice .229 OBP guys learn how to take a walk.

Edited by collucho

F U CJ Cron.

Streamed him against a lefty and he's 0 for 4. Against a righty he's 2 for 2.

Worse than Crohn's Disease.

Completed this trade yesterday:

On 7/9/2018 at 10:36 PM, tonycpsu said:

10-team 5x5 dynasty.  Gave Travis Shaw and Teoscar Hernandez for Nick Markakis and Cody Allen. Purely a category needs move to win this season at the expense of some dynasty upside, but I'm also kind of glad to move on from Shaw, who isn't stealing bases anymore (0 for 2 after going 10 for 10 last year) and isn'tz hitting lefties at all (45 wRC+ this year after holding his own at 96 last year.)  Still a Teoscar believer, but he was a bench player on this team and I'd rather have quality saves from a closer who's highly unlikely to lose his job at the deadline.

The results so far:

image.png.b1e9b87e2e3c2aa8126b4ac6c7033f45.png

image.png.a8c6c355d47313acf094f8f6e5dd001e.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

F U CJ Cron.

Streamed him against a lefty and he's 0 for 4. Against a righty he's 2 for 2.

Worse than Crohn's Disease.

3 for 4, 3 run homer.

Of course.

Costanza Smurf power.