colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Traded kimbrel and a mid-tier closer for Harper in May.  Really didn't expect to be regretting it this badly. Cant wait until Boras' off-season excuse list comes out.  

Does Rizzo care anymore?  Does he actually want to play?

had Bauer yesterday take scoreless 12 K 4-0 lead yesterday to the 9th to have cody allen give it all away. i need my wins damn it! I was venting for Bauer

I have always believed in the philosophy of, "Never bench your studs," but is this the first year that that statement in total BS? i.e...I own Rizzo, Harper, and Devers (not that he is stud)...and I am sure everyone has other players that fall into this category. I mean, I am looking at benching Rizzo for Bird at this point...I benched Harper for Kiermaier and I was happy...what a year... 

My team goes ham in the past two days to take the lead in 6 out of 7 batting categories. Then today the kid I'm facing (who has 2 less batters than me), has twice as many guys playing and a full roster. Not fair!!!

What was I thinking when I stacked Orioles hitters against Martin Perez? Yeah - Perez sucks but apparently so do Orioles hitters.  :angry:

3 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

What was I thinking when I stacked Orioles hitters against Martin Perez? Yeah - Perez sucks but apparently so do Orioles hitters.  :angry:

Sorry to play semantics, but there's nothing apparent about the O's hitters sucking. It's an undeniable fact!

I was watching baseball/checking Rotoworld all afternoon. Nothing would have escaped me. Then I unplug for half an hour to go exercise. During that half hour, the news broke about Arodys Vizcaino’s (who I own) injury, and one of my rivals added Minter minutes later. I may have kicked something.

• Like 1

I’ve been in the same keeper league for a solid 6-7 seasons now and this is easily THE worst offense I’ve ever assembled. Thank god my pitching is good because my offense is straight up atrocious. If I hit higher than 240 in a week it’s surprising. Dead last in RBIs this year, OPS is well below 800. I’ve angered the fantasy gods. 

This was the year I thought I was going to be able to compete in my 20 team dynasty league.  I over-performed expectations last season, some of my young guys looked to really be on the upswing, and some veterans I acquired looked like they were going to mesh well and I could push for the division.  As you'll see in my sig, multiple players decided to f--- me over.

Here is my list of underperformers, all on one roster:

Miguel Sano

Dee Gordon

Orlando Arcia

Jorge Polanco 

Michael Conforto

Aaron Altherr

Thank Christ for Mookie Betts 

edit: I'll add Wellington Castillo (since released) and Justin Turner

Edited by apap414

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

lYDmo1w.gif

Straight up kick to the sack. It's like handing your opponent a top 10 player from your team. Worst trade I ever made, BUT it's a keep forever. I know many people will say "ohh but Lindor is better in a keep-forever too". He's broken out even more than last year. That was my mistake, I thought last year was peak-ish Lindor (he clearly has another gear so I was wrong). However, I really reeeeeallly like Seager over the next 5 years. Consistent .300+  25+  100 seasons with a MVP season of .330  35  120. If I was in a 5x5 league Lindor would be king but my league also counts OBP and SLG, which I give the edge to Seager.

3 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

Straight up kick to the sack. It's like handing your opponent a top 10 player from your team. Worst trade I ever made, BUT it's a keep forever. I know many people will say "ohh but Lindor is better in a keep-forever too". He's broken out even more than last year. That was my mistake, I thought last year was peak-ish Lindor (he clearly has another gear so I was wrong). However, I really reeeeeallly like Seager over the next 5 years. Consistent .300+  25+  100 seasons with a MVP season of .330  35  120. If I was in a 5x5 league Lindor would be king but my league also counts OBP and SLG, which I give the edge to Seager.

We win some, we lose some. I traded Albies for Rizzo, thinking that Albies would slow down and Rizzo would catch fire. Neither one has happened.