colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Jesus C Hoskins needs to pick it up he’s back in the .240’s

How in the **** does Francisco Mejia not have Catcher eligibility in Yahoo??!?

12 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Are you serious!!!?  Giolito has been great since his adjustments, shuts down the Red Sox, and then I pick him up to fill out a spot in the backend of my rotation after a trade and he couldn't even get out of the second inning.  Story of my whole #$#$$ing second half of this #$#%ing season.    Can't do a damn thing to fix my ratios after implosions right before the break. Get great pitching to actually make some progress in the ratios, and then somebody goes out and lays a giant turd and there that goes. You've got to be kidding me, especially against the Tigers...................

same here  .... sonofabeach

"Ahhh a 7 to 1 lead with only 6 outs to go. What can POSSIBLY go wrong?"

- folty owners

Edited by Cesare13

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

"Ahhh a 7 to 1 lead with only 6 outs to go. What can POSSIBLY go wrong?"

- folty owners

Sweet, Minter owners get the save!! Oh wait...

giphy.gif

Glasnow has been good.  Goes out there and dominates the Indians.  Pitches against the Blue Jays, who have barely scored lately and are obviously a AAA team compared to the Indians, and gives up 7 runs and doesn't even get through the 1st inning.

Kluber pitches an absolute gem, but that's all gone and then some.  I would go on a big rant like I did last night, but what's the point?  Like I said in the Game Day thread, it makes me wonder why I even bother anymore....

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Glasnow has been good.  Goes out there and dominates the Indians.  Pitches against the Blue Jays, who have barely scored lately and are obviously a AAA team compared to the Indians, and gives up 7 runs and doesn't even get through the 1st inning.

Kluber pitches an absolute gem, but that's all gone and then some.  I would go on a big rant like I did last night, but what's the point?  Like I said in the Game Day thread, it makes me wonder why I even bother anymore....

I feel you. It seems like every year I’m in a close race for roto points in ERA and WHIP and someone craps the bed out of nowhere and pushes me back. In fact, Glasnow has done it to me two years in a row! This year recent results made me think he was different.

13 hours ago, Vriez said:

How in the **** does Francisco Mejia not have Catcher eligibility in Yahoo??!?

He was called up last year but never played Catcher, so he lost his eligibility.

Just now, Caelum said:

I feel you. It seems like every year I’m in a close race for roto points in ERA and WHIP and someone craps the bed out of nowhere and pushes me back. In fact, Glasnow has done it to me two years in a row! This year recent results made me think he was different.

Yeah, this year looked different.  It wasn't just flashes like last year.  He was pitching really good most of the time, especially against one of the best teams in baseball.

I've said it to myself many times lately and possibly even on here at one point, but this has to be the worst season for MLB I can remember (not counting any seasons with a strike).  If I somehow hold on and win my league, it will be a damn miracle.

7 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I feel you. Dominated my league all season and I'm going to be eliminated in the first week of the playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I feel you. Dominated my league all season and I'm going to be eliminated in the first week of the playoffs. 

That really sucks.

I play in a regular roto league, so I just have to hold on for dear life.

Maybe Wheeler will help take some of the sting away from Glasnow, but I still don't really care to even watch that right now.

I swear the old lady i budded.in line at the grocery store was a witch and cursed me to never receive run support again. (First in era,second last in wins..1 run total.for my last 4 starters....getting a fresh 0 tonight.)

Stat correction now only charging Ryu with 1 ER instead of 3 from his start against the Mets.  Should have been more like 5....

2 minutes ago, Wallscrapers said:

FU Bumgarner :angry::angry:

Just came here to vent about the same guy.  Every start seems to be an absolute let down.

1 hour ago, daguyondacouch said:

streamed my way out of the playoffs

I feel you man. I don't know how i managed to make the exact wrong choice 6 times in a row. The worst part is, the "chump" pitchers i tried matching up against strategically manage to turn into kershaw.....EVERY TIME!!!!

Lost in the first round of the playoffs on the last AB against my opponent when Albies got a single.  :(

• Haha 1

Went to bed thinking I had barely survived my first round matchup with a tie in my favor. Woke up this morning and found out I lost to a score change giving Acuna credit for a SB Saturday night instead of defensive indifference. 

To make things worse, heading in to Sunday nights game I had a 8-6 edge and was up by 17 BA points, 3 runs and 1 SB according to Yahoo. He had Bogaerts (previously 1-10 vs Keuchal) and I played Springer (previously 6-11 vs Porcello). I figured that even if Springer had a bad night and Bogaerts a good one to flip the BA disparity I would still win in a 7-7 tie and he would provide me with Run and SB insurance. It was a pretty sure thing since the odds of Bogaerts stealing or scoring 3 runs is very slim. 

Bogaerts goes 4/4, Springer goes 1-5 to flip the BA. Acuna gets the SB stat correction and I lose 6-7. Had I known before the beginning of the Sunday night game that we were tied in steals and it was 7-6 I probably would have played conservatively and benched Springer in which case I would have ended up with my BA lead intact .2705 to my opponents .2702

So freaking sour...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Lost in the first round of the playoffs on the last AB against my opponent when Albies got a single.  :(

Take it back, the padres and reds resumed play. The guy I was facing had Votto and he had one more AB when play resumed was an out and I barely won with my obp being .38679245 and my opponents obp was 38655462

6 hours ago, BleedRedsRed said:

Went to bed thinking I had barely survived my first round matchup with a tie in my favor. Woke up this morning and found out I lost to a score change giving Acuna credit for a SB Saturday night instead of defensive indifference. 

To make things worse, heading in to Sunday nights game I had a 8-6 edge and was up by 17 BA points, 3 runs and 1 SB according to Yahoo. He had Bogaerts (previously 1-10 vs Keuchal) and I played Springer (previously 6-11 vs Porcello). I figured that even if Springer had a bad night and Bogaerts a good one to flip the BA disparity I would still win in a 7-7 tie and he would provide me with Run and SB insurance. It was a pretty sure thing since the odds of Bogaerts stealing or scoring 3 runs is very slim. 

Bogaerts goes 4/4, Springer goes 1-5 to flip the BA. Acuna gets the SB stat correction and I lose 6-7. Had I known before the beginning of the Sunday night game that we were tied in steals and it was 7-6 I probably would have played conservatively and benched Springer in which case I would have ended up with my BA lead intact .2705 to my opponents .2702

So freaking sour...

Its stuff like this that prevents me from playing head to head.  You did everything right! At least 6 months of roto mitigates a lot of luck.

Made the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues. 2 teams had a bye first round. As of right now 2 out of the 3 teams are getting waxed. EVERY pitcher I've streamed this week has gotten demolished. No way I can go 0 for 3 this week........right? 

Yeah my team sucks.  End of rant.  Thank you Folty and Mikolas though for last night.