colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

7 days in a row of sub .200. Yesterday was ok...not great...not even good. Thinking maybe ive gone through the worst slump anyone ever has in the history of fantasy sports,i check the boxscores. 0 for 15 already?!?!  Enough!!!!

I want to say so many bad things about Willson Contreras.  Any suggestions?

Paul Goldschmidt - Barring a late inning miracle, last RBI was 11 games ago.  Last HR was 14 games ago.

Jose Ramirez - Words can't really describe his epic collapse

Eugenio Suarez - Last HR or RBI was 11 games ago. Traded him last night due to being absolutely useless.

J.D. Martinez - Yes, I'm going to list him too.  1 HR and 3 RBIs in his last 10 games.

Tyler White - One of the hottest hitters in all of baseball when I traded for him.  Hitting .246 with 1 HR in the 16 games I've had him for and has sat twice this week.

If it wasn't for Whit Merrifield, Jonathan Villar, and the occasional nice games from Lindor, A.Rosario, and Conforto, I'm not sure I would get any offense right now.  I know that's 5 players, but we all roster a lot more than that.

Thursday was solid, but so far I've gotten a combined 1 HR and 7 RBIs out of Friday and today.  Guys, you're supposed to be stars/superstarts, so start actually playing like it!

45 minutes ago, FUM said:

How about "hey contreras,you're the kris bryant of catchers!"

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Paul Goldschmidt - Barring a late inning miracle, last RBI was 11 games ago.  Last HR was 14 games ago.

Eugenio Suarez - Last HR or RBI was 11 games ago. Traded him last night due to being absolutely useless.

J.D. Martinez - Yes, I'm going to list him too.  1 HR and 3 RBIs in his last 10 games.

Tyler White - One of the hottest hitters in all of baseball when I traded for him.  Hitting .246 with 1 HR in the 16 games I've had him for and has sat twice this week.

If it wasn't for Whit Merrifield, Jonathan Villar, and the occasional nice games from Lindor, A.Rosario, and Conforto, I'm not sure I would get any offense right now.  I know that's 5 players, but we all roster a lot more than that.

Thursday was solid, but so far I've gotten a combined 1 HR and 7 RBIs out of Friday and today.  Guys, you're supposed to be stars/superstarts, so start actually playing like it!

I hear ya man.  Everyone that carried me this year has floundered the last 30 days.

1 hour ago, FUM said:

Mrs. Gary Sanchez

10 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Eugenio suarez owners playing roto have a 3 year ban on complaining. It was in an email!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

Eugenio suarez owners playing roto have a 3 year ban on complaining. It was in an email!

Lol, well, technically I can continue to complain since I traded him. :)

My one homer heavy squad sunk my team in the semi finals. They had a 7 game week and Peraza/Votto/Suarez were a combined 14/67 (.208) for a grand total of 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI.

Thanks Reds!

I started Matz and Morton, needing both Ks and a win. Now I'll lose my matchup because my opponent has one more Win and 3 more Ks….

tenor.gif

ugh! I'm about to lose my semi-finals match due to a tie....I Won my last five weeks in a row and got into the semi finals but am gonna lose to the team that constantly offered me garbage trades cause they thought it would be a dignified ending for me(didn't think I'd make it this far)

all because he finished the regular season in 1st and i finished at 6th  i knocked off the 3rd place team to get into the semi-finals and then my team just crapped the bed

only shot i have is if Bogaerts plays like a god(need to tie or win the runs category which currently stands 26-22)

LIkely just lost after Mookie struck out in the 11th... basically needed a miracle to win my matchup of Mookie going 4/4 with a dinger.  Well got that but extra innings screwed me and looks like I'm going to lose my matchup 5-5 but my opponent holds the tiebreaker... Can't believe everything came down to  one at bat and losing average .2782 to 2775, yea... I hate fantasy baseball.

Just want to say how much I hate the Sunday before the final week of the season in weekly leagues. Do I start three closers and try to protect in saves, or risk going with two and instead put in a two-start pitcher in case I can gain in strikeouts? Or would that risk ERA/WHIP too much?  Ozuna or Franmil? Renfroe or Zimmerman with an @COL? I've spent more hours than I care to admit in front of my computer today going back and forth on these things.

Weekly league. News on Sunday was Bogaerts had a shoulder injury, on top of the fact that they wanted to rest him going into post season. Meanwhile L. Gurriel is blowing up on my bench. Sunday moved Gurriel into my weekly lineup and benched Bogaerts.

Monday comes after lineup lock, and Bogaerts is healthy and in the lineup! Ok, oh well. Gurriel will get the start this week.

Monday first AB of the game, Gurriel grounds out and pulls a hammy and leaves the game. 

So 0-1 for my week at SS<_<

Cherry on top of this stupid @ss season. Waiving the white flag on 2018. 

200.gif

I really want to do that to this season as well.  Nobody on my team has hit a HR since Friday.  Had a pretty large lead in HRs, but now one of the teams behind me for first place is only behind me by 3 HRs.  WTF?

Really would have been nice if there Reds would have said they were shutting Luis Castillo down for the season, BEFORE I set my lineup for the week.

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Really would have been nice if there Reds would have said they were shutting Luis Castillo down for the season, BEFORE I set my lineup for the week.

Obviously they are not going to think of people that play fantasy baseball, but it still would have been nice to somehow know for people who do play in weekly leagues.  Sucks for everybody actually since he's been pitching so good.  I know I could have used another really good start from him, and it wouldn't have surprised me if he did shut down the Pirates.  His changeup would have probably given them fits.

Senzatela pitches 4.2 innings of 1 run ball so he doesnt get the win. 4.2??  Yhe astros/orioles game is ppd (probably won't be played at all) so i lose 2 bats. Meanwhile, Pool douchebag gets 4hr in 1 game to start the night. I dont think "my turn" is gonna come in 2018. :(

My 3 teams turned to poop right in time for the finals/semis.  Fantasy baseball is so cruel come playoff time.

For (sadly) the first time in a long time I had back to back .300+ batting averages for the day.  Tonight is right back into the ****ter with possibly my worst one of the season (.167 thanks to my team going 8/48 so far)....

In my championship H2H I own Hildenberger, Kimbrel and Allen.  All have up 4 runs in .1 of an inning and own Hicks who allow 3 in .2 of an inning.  Total it up and my relievers allowed 15 runs in 1.2 innings.  Championship is long gone.

• Sad 1

I've lost out on or have had abbreviated starts from so many guys this week... Bauer, Archer, Keuchel, E-Rod when I'm barely trailing in Ws and Ks. They probably would have been the difference.

You may think, so what, this is case for everyone, but my opponent has lost zero starts. Wow.

Rodon. Gray (especially since I SAT him on Monday and started him yesterday).

4 hours ago, Del Rio said:

I've lost out on or have had abbreviated starts from so many guys this week... Bauer, Archer, Keuchel, E-Rod when I'm barely trailing in Ws and Ks. They probably would have been the difference.

You may think, so what, this is case for everyone, but my opponent has lost zero starts. Wow.

No no. I feel your pain brother.  Its insane how i have had so many awful days the past 3 weeks and my opponents have had so many good ones. My team has also been a streak of red "not starting" while the bad guys have had their choice this entire time. Its definately not just you.

• Sad 1