• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
colepenhagen

Charlie Morton 2018 Outlook

"Charlie Morton fanned nine hitters and gave up three runs over six innings in a win over the Royals on Wednesday.
Morton allowed only four hits, but he once again had issues with control; walking four Kansas City hitters. That gives him 10 in his last two starts after only registering six walks in the previous four. Fortunately he's missing plenty of bats, and he owns 105 strikeouts in 82 2/3 to go along with a 2.94 ERA on the 2018 season. Morton is an excellent streaming option when he takes on the Rays on Wednesday."

Rofl who writes these blurbs?
  • Haha 7

56 minutes ago, Del Rio said:
"Charlie Morton fanned nine hitters and gave up three runs over six innings in a win over the Royals on Wednesday.
Morton allowed only four hits, but he once again had issues with control; walking four Kansas City hitters. That gives him 10 in his last two starts after only registering six walks in the previous four. Fortunately he's missing plenty of bats, and he owns 105 strikeouts in 82 2/3 to go along with a 2.94 ERA on the 2018 season. Morton is an excellent streaming option when he takes on the Rays on Wednesday."

I guess Morton is the bench heat of the pitching world. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Del Rio said:

You know...for those of us in 1 team leagues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heh. I'm not going to defend that frigid take from the RW blurb writer, but they didn't say "AL only" streamer. Any pitcher with a pulse is an AL only streamer. 

• Like 1

Morton is on pace for 193 innings, he's averaged 103 innings per season for the last 6 years. Any reason to think he'll stay durable this year? 

8 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Morton is on pace for 193 innings, he's averaged 103 innings per season for the last 6 years. Any reason to think he'll stay durable this year? 

i mean its an odd career....turning into this type of pitcher at 34.

you probably got him after pick 150 so you  might as well ride him out unless someone is willing to trade you carlos correa for him or something.

Any sign that he's about to get hurt? If you really wanted, you could probably trade him for a worse more "durable" pitcher, but even the durable guys are always getting hurt. 

Which tier amongst SP's are you expecting Morton to fall into for the ROS? Is now a good time to sell high or is he still a hold?

On 7/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, Hanghow said:

Any sign that he's about to get hurt? If you really wanted, you could probably trade him for a worse more "durable" pitcher, but even the durable guys are always getting hurt. 

I saw him running by the pool at the Astros hotel last week, and there were signs clearly saying NO RUNNING ALLOWED

if he continues to break these rules, I would almost guarantee a DL stint at some point in the 2nd half

• Haha 4

Any more injuries are a total crapshoot. Make sure you have as many good SPs as you can carry. Then one more. And another in yr DL slot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

Anyone starting him tonight?

I will be, but my ERA sits at 7.46 and my WHIP is 1.78 so I really don’t have much to lose.  Just hoping for a QS at this point.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He hasn’t pitched well his last couple starts, so I’m hoping for a bit of a reverse trap game here.  Coming off a couple stinkers, playing Colorado at Coors - seems like a sit would be a better play.  Out of nowhere comes the 7 IP 1 ER 12 K game.

Edited by ToO_BaD

May as well start him when your other option is Robbie Ray.

1 hour ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

Anyone starting him tonight?

Not in my Roto league- not a chance. H2H would depend upon one’s weekly matchup, but there’s no reason to roll the dice on him in a season-long Rotisserie league tonight.

I was going to sit him until three of my starters wound up going on the DL in the past few days, now it's Morton or an empty spot in a weekly. I fear the empty spot may wind up being better.

So glad I traded this guy. All signs pointed to him not being able to sustain his hot first half.

1 hour ago, collucho said:

So glad I traded this guy. All signs pointed to him not being able to sustain his hot first half.

Cool story bro

5 hours ago, collucho said:

I don’t think he will. 

What do you guys think of him as a keeper candidate? Definite punt right?

This year looks like a lightning in a bottle kind of season. Staying healthy and effective all year.

Can he do it for b2b seasons?