Fenamo

Scott Kingery 2018 Outlook

8 hours ago, 33legend said:

He was 2 for 4 yesterday and is 9 for his last 20.  Anybody see any hope for the rest of the year?  Sitting on my waiver wire in a 12 team 34 man roster league and he's interesting as already a post hype sleeper? 

It's been a pretty hollow 9-20 stretch.  The complete lack of power and overall minimal amount of SBs takes away a lot of the excitement, but it's still nice to see signs of life from him regardless.  If really need a MI, you could still do far worse.

Kingery....the only dude from my list of "hyped must-grabs" in the draft that refuses to do well this season.

Maybe he just wasn't ready for the bigs quite yet. I was so stoked on this guy to start the season. Saw little flashes early on that made it seem like he could easily produce a .250 BA, 10 HR and 10 SB season....now even that looks like it's in MAJOR jeopardy. I even thought after the ASB that when he had his little hitting streak to get him back up

He's striking out way more than I ever imagined he would, and just doesn't seem to be making contact like he was in the minors, which is disappointing...

Now he's turned into my one lonely goose egg on my squad...after hitting complete gold on guys like Moose, Kemp, Simmons and Bauer. His under > .600 OBP has now even forced me to start benching him.

Maybe next year....

ps. interesting stat on Kingery...

In 362 plate appearances, he's falling behind in the count 0-2 in 114 of those plate appearances. No one has faced more 0-2 counts this season.

Edited by CORTEz
  • Like 1

As a Kingery owner he has been very disappointing this year. 

I hope he turns it around next year. I think this year is a wash.

Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

60 wRC+ and .261 wOBA. Easily one of the worst position players in baseball this season.

I can't even watch him anymore. Even if I have him starting I refuse to watch a Phillies game unless its the only game on or for some reason I am interested in just "the game". I don't even follow his stats on GameDay. If I start him I just expect an 0-for, although I am at the point of not starting him now, but on Merrifield/Segura off days I am often tempted. I just can't quit the Kingery. 

It's gotten to the point where if I'm starting him, I'm kind of just peaking through my fingers and hoping that he goes 1-for-4 without 2 or more strikeouts.

24 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

It's gotten to the point where if I'm starting him, I'm kind of just peaking through my fingers and hoping that he goes 1-for-4 without 2 or more strikeouts.

You won't have that problem anymore. He was used as a Defensive replacement tonight, but Cabrera had another hit and scored a run in a 2-0 game (so far). I think Kingery is done for the year. He will get some starts against some lefties I think. 

This pains me, because I defended this guy. But he has shown ZERO improvement. At least Ryan McMahon showed improvement with the Rox, although he's back to riding pine now. 

Kingery is done this season for redrafts.

Keepers and dynasty, still gotta hold. That potential speed/power combo upside is too great to give up so soon.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎-‎8‎-‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

60 wRC+ and .261 wOBA. Easily one of the worst position players in baseball this season.

He's showing very little improvement. His first month was his "best":

OPS by month: .660/.543/.649/.536

wOBA by month: .286/.242/.283/.234

wRC+ by month: 76/47/74/ 41

BB% by month: 6,2/5,0/6,7/2,9

ISO by month: .157/.067/.104/.071

Hard% by month: 35,5/19,0/25,3/25,0

He's been a black hole in the Phillies lineup.

Edited by Sine_cera

On 8/7/2018 at 6:39 AM, Sine_cera said:

He's showing very little improvement. His first month was his "best":

OPS by month: .660/.543/.649/.536

wOBA by month: .286/.242/.283/.234

wRC+ by month: 76/47/74/ 41

BB% by month: 6,2/5,0/6,7/2,9

ISO by month: .157/.067/.104/.071

Hard% by month: 35,5/19,0/25,3/25,0

He's been a black hole in the Phillies lineup.

After seeing 80% of his AB's I swear he looks like a meddling AA ball player who just slaps at the ball most of the time