Sign in to follow this  
SuperJoint

Was Offered Springer for Hoskins

12-team re-draft H2H/Y!  

Close call for me - I really don't know. Hoskins was my 1B, but I did also take Zimmerman and Gurriel.

It's an interesting offer; he was late to the draft and autopicked Springer mid-3 - I got RH early 4. I was targeting either - he is obv valuing RH higher.

Eh I like the deal but not if you drafted him to be at 1st. I bet your lineup is better as is than plugging zimm or guriel in there everyday at 1st. That’s kinda weak but it is 12 teams so I guess some heads will be weak there. What’s your OF look like?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacqeez said:

What’s your OF look like?

LF - Upton/Hoskins/Polanco/DeShields

CF - A. Jones/DeShields

RF - Betts/Polanco

Springer's CF/RF 

10 minutes ago, jacqeez said:

Eh I like the deal but not if you drafted him to be at 1st. I bet your lineup is better as is than plugging zimm or guriel in there everyday at 1st. That’s kinda weak...

That is my main problem yes. Leaning no....

I think you have to take this deal. Hoskins is awesome and will be great, but there's considerable risk, especially during the season for him. I think it might take him some time during the season to catch up to the adjustments that pitchers will throw at him.

Meanwhile, Springer's number last year seem down but he's getting better. He'll be a 1st or 2nd rounder in the next year or two. 

Losing Hoskins at 1B would be tough but 1B is the deepest there is. Trade Upton or someone for a power hitting 1B like Justin Bour.

springer scored 116 runs and hit 34 hr and missed a month. 

thats a must take for hoskins. 

Springer could go .280 120 40 100 10 and i wouldn't bat an eye

I'd rather have Springer in General - but as others have mentioned - I think it hurts your team overall rather than help.  Zimmerman can produce, but I dont know that Id want to 'rely' on that all season

Edited by jahweedum

You're kind of in an awkward spot if you had intended Rhys to be a 1B. But that said, I still much, much prefer Springer to him.

3 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

12-team re-draft H2H/Y!  

Close call for me - I really don't know. Hoskins was my 1B, but I did also take Zimmerman and Gurriel.

It's an interesting offer; he was late to the draft and autopicked Springer mid-3 - I got RH early 4. I was targeting either - he is obv valuing RH higher.

How is this remotely a close call or hurt your team?  Fantasy is all about assets and having as many as you can get.  This is a 100% no brainer - you take this deal and then deal from your strength to get an upgrade even from Hoskins.  I HOPE you already accepted this offer before the other owner comes to their senses and takes it away because they very well might... very soon... when they realize how much of a steal you're getting.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 1

Yea, this is a no brainier, IMO.  Take Springer and worry about 1B later.  Zimm is fine for now, then there are always Justin Bour, Josh Bell type guys that pop up mid season.

• Like 1

I’d grab Springer here. In a 12 team, you should be able to eventually replace the 1B at some point.