Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAZRr1275

Kris Bryant and Trevor Bauer for Max Scherzer and Lorenzo Cain?

Ordinarily, I'd side with the elite bat, especially a third basemen.  But given your roster (having Arenado and a lot of high upside/high risk pitching), I think I'd grab Scherzer here.

55 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Id take the Scherzer Cain side. 

Agree.  Bryant and Bauer have youth, but Scherzer/Cain is better for this year and your team is ready to contend.  Plus, you'll get Justin Turner back soon and can move Bell to the 1B/3B slot that Bryant is leaving with Cain slotting into Bell's UTL spot.   Cain also has a decent chance to surprise given that he has moved from a HR suppressing park to a bandbox.

1 hour ago, chubias said:

Agree.  Bryant and Bauer have youth, but Scherzer/Cain is better for this year and your team is ready to contend.  Plus, you'll get Justin Turner back soon and can move Bell to the 1B/3B slot that Bryant is leaving with Cain slotting into Bell's UTL spot.   Cain also has a decent chance to surprise given that he has moved from a HR suppressing park to a bandbox.

This.

6 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Id take the Scherzer Cain side. 

Agree with this, you are covered at third and have Turner coming back, gl

6 hours ago, RAZRr1275 said:

Which side do you like? League counts R, HR, RBI, AVG, OPS, SB, K, QS, W, ERA, WHIP, SVHLD. Keeps 10 and you can keep them for as long as you want

My team

http://games.espn.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=123856&teamId=1&seasonId=2018

So I’m gonna be the voice of dissent here. 

No way do I make this trade in March. Scherzer is 33 and Cain is 31. They of course could have a year or two of top production left. But this is a trade you make at the deadline if you think it gets you the championship. 

I would not give up a young, elite bat right now. Too many questions heading into the season. If you make this deal and your team struggles, you’re gonna be kicking yourself. Revisit this deal in July.

This is actually a very good point, I missed the fact of the keepers, I think your team would still be fine, and I don’t think MadMax will decline for a couple more years, maybe hold for now.

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

So I’m gonna be the voice of dissent here. 

No way do I make this trade in March. Scherzer is 33 and Cain is 31. They of course could have a year or two of top production left. But this is a trade you make at the deadline if you think it gets you the championship. 

I would not give up a young, elite bat right now. Too many questions heading into the season. If you make this deal and your team struggles, you’re gonna be kicking yourself. Revisit this deal in July.

Thanks - I decided to stay put until I see what my back end starters can do

Bryant and Bauer. Seems like Bauer is about to breakout this year and bryant is far and away better than Cain.

I think Max would be a great fit for your pitching, although if Bauer takes any steps forward this year, sticking with what you got could be a pretty good deal. Depends what typically wins your league too, stronger offense or pitching. I do like the fact Bryant/Bauer are younger, for keeper ramifications with Bryant anyways. You certainly have a strong enough lineup to go for Max if you think a top SP would more likely put you over the edge than padding your already loaded lineup. You should also be able to trade Bryant at any point if you really wanted to, so I wouldn't scramble to make a deal your not comfortable with. 

Bryant for sure, Bauer can be dropped for more offense. 

Bryant and Bauer.