Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuzzy_Slippers

Now that Boxberger is the closer... **WHIR**

Box was just named as the closer for the Diamondbacks. Would you pick him up and drop one of these closers:

Melancon 

Treinen

Iglesias

Vizcaino 

Is Box an upgrade over one of them?

Treinen is easily the worst of that bunch. That said, it's a competitive bullpen in Arizona, and Boxberger has a history of health issues. I'd rather drop someone else. If you don't need a closer, possibly just pass. If you're not burning a high waiver spot, cut Treinen for him IMO 

I would cut Treinen I guess but with 4 closers, you really dont need to make this pick-up. Boxburger could lose the job to Bradley easily.

I would stand pat. If you definitely want Boxburger - cut Treinen

Good luck

TB

PS - help with this offer? -

I respectfully disagree with the previous two posts that suggest Treinen is the worst closer of the bunch. He was fantastic, borderline elite, after the trade to Oakland last season... his stuff is electric.

11 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Box was just named as the closer for the Diamondbacks. Would you pick him up and drop one of these closers:

Melancon 

Treinen

Iglesias

Vizcaino 

Is Box an upgrade over one of them?

I'd either stand pat or watch verrry closely with news of Melancon starting season on DL. I saw on twitter from the SF beat writers that Melancon is having some " issues". So if your league allows for DL spots and if Melancon does go on DL then certainly add Box.

2 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

I'd either stand pat or watch verrry closely with news of Melancon starting season on DL. I saw on twitter from the SF beat writers that Melancon is having some " issues". So if your league allows for DL spots and if Melancon does go on DL then certainly add Box.

I agree with this after reading about melancon a few hours ago.

I agree about keeping Treinen . He was lights out after moving to Oakland . He could be a top 10 closer by years end

Even before the Melancon news, I would have ranked Iglesias and Treinen as your top two closers.  If I were to drop one for Boxberger, it would be one of the other two if I were to make the move.  I'd probably just sit tight as Holland is still an option there sooner or later and if he's not, I don't think Boxberger will hold on to the closer role the entire season in Arizona especially if they're competitive.

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Putting Melancon on the DL and picking up Box.

This. You answered your own question lol