halksmash

*Help* Picked up Britton & placed on DL but yahoo won't let me add a player without dropping

Hi guys I'm new to these forums and would really appreciate any help.

I'm the co-comish of a 10 team H2H (yahoo). Each team has 19 roster spots and 2 DL spots. Theres a bit of an arms race going on with closers, so I thought I'd be slick and replace Gregerson with Britton in hopes of placing/saving him on the DL while opening up another roster spot. However when I went to add another player this morning the Yahoo app requested I drop a player. Our league has a limit on roster moves so this is really screwing me over. Is there a setting that should be changed? I've always been able to add another player while keeping one on the DL in previous years.

Thanks

Welcome!

I don't know why you'd be having a problem.  I did the same thing, and I'm on Yahoo.  Drafted Britton, then DL'd him right after the draft.  Then I added someone else.  It worked fine for me.  Just to be clear, you're saying you have 19 spots and only 18 active players in them, with Britton on DL, correct?

7 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Welcome!

I don't know why you'd be having a problem.  I did the same thing, and I'm on Yahoo.  Drafted Britton, then DL'd him right after the draft.  Then I added someone else.  It worked fine for me.  Just to be clear, you're saying you have 19 spots and only 18 active players in them, with Britton on DL, correct?

Thanks for the reply, I have 18 active players  and Britton on the DL is my 19th its very odd. Anytime I try to add a 19th active player it tells me I must drop a player. 

That is strange.  You're not at some positional limit are you?  Like you're trying to add a 9th SP, but you're only allowed 8 or something?

18 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

That is strange.  You're not at some positional limit are you?  Like you're trying to add a 9th SP, but you're only allowed 8 or something?

No I tried adding both a pitcher and a positional player...same result. 

I suppose you can use your "commissioner" powers to go in and manually make the move.  But that doesn't clear up why the problem persists.   I wish I could help, but like I said, I'm not having that problem.  In fact, a second team in my league just made a successful DL stash.  The only other thing I can think of is that my league is Roto and you're H2H.  Can any H2H users out there determine if that somehow makes a difference?

1 hour ago, halksmash said:

Thanks for the reply, I have 18 active players  and Britton on the DL is my 19th its very odd. Anytime I try to add a 19th active player it tells me I must drop a player. 

I know this is really driving it home, but just to make sure, you did actually take Britton off of your bench and move him into the DL slot, right? He's not just sitting on your bench, is he? I.e. Your roster should look something like this (note the screenshot is a hockey league, so it's IR, but same idea):
image.png.e34d000e50a80373f6381bc5374b7f58.png

If you do this, creating and empty roster spot, you should also have a warning from Yahoo saying you have any empty roster spot. The warning looks like this:
image.png.413cc84065d7b9ac4b779b639b257a56.png

If your team looks like this and you still can't add a player without dropping someone else, then I have no idea what the issue is. You can't directly add someone from FA and throw him into the DL without dropping someone, but you mentioned you dropped Gregerson to add Britton so it doesn't sound like that's the case. Maybe recount your players just to make sure you didn't add someone in your sleep. lol. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/698807-who-to-drop-smoak-castellanos-moncada-olson-gonzalez-or-kingery/

Edited by Idoolittle

On 3/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, halksmash said:

Hi guys I'm new to these forums and would really appreciate any help.

I'm the co-comish of a 10 team H2H (yahoo). Each team has 19 roster spots and 2 DL spots. Theres a bit of an arms race going on with closers, so I thought I'd be slick and replace Gregerson with Britton in hopes of placing/saving him on the DL while opening up another roster spot. However when I went to add another player this morning the Yahoo app requested I drop a player. Our league has a limit on roster moves so this is really screwing me over. Is there a setting that should be changed? I've always been able to add another player while keeping one on the DL in previous years.

Thanks

I’m having this exact problem, have you found a solution yet?

It must be a Yahoo glitch. I was able to DL Britton a week ago and pick up another player without a problem. But two people today in the same league are having the same problem as the OP.

3 hours ago, kaesr said:

It must be a Yahoo glitch. I was able to DL Britton a week ago and pick up another player without a problem. But two people today in the same league are having the same problem as the OP.

This is very frustrating. Especially the night before the season starts. How many DL spots to you have? Do you think it hasn’t to do with the season officially starting? I’ve been all over the web. Yahoo basically told me how to set a lineup so that was zero help

are you using the App? I found it doesn't work on the app, you have to go into yahoo through a browser and it will work.

9 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

are you using the App? I found it doesn't work on the app, you have to go into yahoo through a browser and it will work.

Worked like a charm, thanks for your help, cheers!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rustin Chole said:

I’m new to this site and seemed to find help here , does anyone know how long week 1 is for yahoo?

In my Yahoo league it's Thursday, March 29 to Sunday, April 8. I'm assuming it's the same for all Yahoo leagues unless there's some kind of setting that can be adjusted.