Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sharpee

Noah Trade

I'm looking to offset a bit of risk and my league mate has potentially expressed interest in a trade revolving around Noah. 

Initial discussions were along the lines of my Noah, Kiermaier and Faria for his Carrasco and Upton. If he doesn't prefer Kiermaier, then I would throw in Seager.

Thoughts? Team in sig. 

I like Noah more than Carrasco and throwing in Seager assuming Corey is too much 

no i would be throwing in kyle seager if Kiermaier  doesnt work.

not sure if im alone on this one, but based on repertoire and health, i consider carrasco up there with noah, if not slightly ahead if youre looking for a safe floor. would love others' thoughts 

I prefer Noah by a lot over Carrasco, but I understand the risk concern.  If Syndergaard is healthy he will finish top 3 in the nl cy young.  I think Faria is in line for a good year.  Upton is a huge upgrade over Kiermaier. I probably wouldn't do it but if you believe Noah will get hurt then do it

if that's the case, should i just do noah + kiermaier for carrasco+upton? 

Carrasco isn't exactly the image of health over the past few years and I think Thor could be the best pitcher in fantasy when he's healthy.

Personally i'd stick with Thor unless i'm getting one of the top 4 aces in return.

2 hours ago, sharpee said:

I'm looking to offset a bit of risk and my league mate has potentially expressed interest in a trade revolving around Noah. 

Initial discussions were along the lines of my Noah, Kiermaier and Faria for his Carrasco and Upton. If he doesn't prefer Kiermaier, then I would throw in Seager.

Thoughts? Team in sig. 

Hold Noah. Just too good. It's not a bad thing to take risks in fantasy. Noah has concerns of course, but the payoff will be worth it. Also, Carrasco has his own issues..sooo there's that.  Ride Thor.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Thor/Kier > Carrasco/Upton

This

Counter and move Noah S + Faria for his JUP & another stick. 

so my league values power a bit more and i should be okay on steals, i could consider krush davis. i doubt this changes much tho. thoughts?

With Trout, Ramirez, and Lindor being your 3 long term keepers, it's a deal I'd make.

Carrasco/Upton and personally I wouldn't flinch at it.  The upgrade from Kiermaier to Upton well outweighs the drop off from Syndergaard to Carrasco which is not significant.

these were my thoughts as well to be honest. would love others' thoughts as well!