Arrowhead

Deshaun Watson 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, ilovepelas said:

Anyone expecting watson 2017 was kidding themselves but for where watson was drafted would you rather own larry fitzgerald or royce freeman or kenyan drake or chris carson? Rodgers is hurting and prob not going to last the year. Watson will end year as a top 6 qb and the bad texans secondary leads to shootout potential.

The arrow is pointing up. Hes gotten better with each game so lets hope that trend continues. Its happened before....

The games have been ugly but his fantasy output has been decent. I picked up Mahomes after week 1 and used Mahomes week 2. I figured Mahomes stock would never be higher and that Watson still had a high ceiling. Rolling with my assessment, I put Mahomes on the block and wound up working out a deal that brought back Saquan Barkley to solidify my RBs. I’m staying optimistic and expecting Watson to produce that top 5 QB capital I spent on him in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, pfish252000 said:

The games have been ugly but his fantasy output has been decent. I picked up Mahomes after week 1 and used Mahomes week 2. I figured Mahomes stock would never be higher and that Watson still had a high ceiling. Rolling with my assessment, I put Mahomes on the block and wound up working out a deal that brought back Saquan Barkley to solidify my RBs. I’m staying optimistic and expecting Watson to produce that top 5 QB capital I spent on him in the first place. 

Not to get too AC but what did you trade to get barkley with mahomes?

10 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I know you didn’t ask me but I did something similar in one of my leagues this week. Julio+Maholmes for Barkley. Started Ridley today... just feelin like a genius. CSB.

On topic haters beware, Watson will make you eat your words by the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I’ll preface this by saying that I made the trade with a rookie and most would agree that I fleeced her. We swapped TEs, Ertz for Jared Cook. 

8 hours ago, ilovepelas said:

Anyone expecting watson 2017 was kidding themselves but for where watson was drafted would you rather own larry fitzgerald or royce freeman or kenyan drake or chris carson? Rodgers is hurting and prob not going to last the year. Watson will end year as a top 6 qb and the bad texans secondary leads to shootout potential.

Id rather own any of those guys and pick Mahomes later ;)

Anyone have any thoughts/analysis on Koutee coming back?

I heard a lot of good things about this kid in preseason and he got a lot of praise just last week. 

How much of sn impact do you think he’ll have onD Watson?

18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Anyone have any thoughts/analysis on Koutee coming back?

I heard a lot of good things about this kid in preseason and he got a lot of praise just last week. 

How much of sn impact do you think he’ll have onD Watson?

As long as he can pick up where Ellington left off, and then some... I think boat will continue on course, and he's improved by the week.  I'm okay with the Texans sucking too as long as he gets to continue slinging it.

45 minutes ago, kdko said:

As long as he can pick up where Ellington left off, and then some... I think boat will continue on course, and he's improved by the week.  I'm okay with the Texans sucking too as long as he gets to continue slinging it.

Me too, but a few completions here and there would be nice.

Watson has been clearly rusty after his knee injury. Even so, aside from Game 1 when Fuller wasn't playing, he's produced good fantasy numbers.

He's playing badly and producing QB1 numbers in 2 games with Hopkins and Fuller. In other words, that's his floor. Depending on your league's scoring format, QBs who rush for 40+ yards per game -- 600+ per season -- offer a pretty nice floor.

Oh yes, and now he gets speedster Keke in the slot. As he gets healthy, having a second deep threat will be fun for him.

And, the defense isn't as good as expected. That's good for the offense when it comes to fake teams.

• Like 1

He’s looked better every game and the fantasy stats are reflecting it. Losing fuller for a while sucks but Coutee was a great addition moving the chains.  They also have such a porous D and lack of run game that the game flow is seemingly always favoring him gunning it.  I’m feeling good about sticking with Watson for now.  Really love the floor you get with those rushing yards too.

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 1

I hope Watson losing Fuller this year doesn’t turn out like Fuller losing Watson last year is all I can say...their connection is a special one I have to admit.

Edited by cheezor42

Coach Bill O'Brien noted after the Texans' 37-34 overtime win over the Colts on Sunday that Fuller probably could have re-entered the game following his exit due to a hamstring injury, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.
Spin: Prior to his exit, Fuller managed to chip in four catches on five targets for 49 yards and a TD. With Keke Coutee exploding for 11 catches (on 15 targets) for 109 yards in his NFL debut, there was little need to push Fuller back into action Sunday. We'd expect Fuller's practice time this coming week to be impacted, but given O'Brien's post-game comments, we suspect that the wideout should be available next weekend against the Cowboys. Of some concern at this stage is the possibility that Coutee could cut into Fuller's target share in the coming weeks.

Doesn't sound too bad for Fuller

• Like 1

Why was everyone saying he lost Fuller?  Did his injury look that bad before the coaches clarification?

Great football player and great producer for fantasty but there is NO WAY he lasts through a season the way he's playing.  Opposing teams are averaging 11 QB hits on him PER GAME.  I'm going to be looking at acquiring a solid back up just in case.  I don't see him changing up his style of play or the Texans OL getting any better.  

OL is horrendous and he is taking some punishing hits on his runs.  May not be the most accurate guy but he's a stud. Im also concerned about him lasting the season.

Awesome talent. He just needs to stop taking unnecessary hits and I don't mean the type of hits and sacks generated by a leaky offensive line. There were 2-3 plays around the goal line and out of bounds areas where he lowered his shoulder trying for extra yards, resulting in huge collisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Awesome talent.

it's true. seems like there are so many possibilities for every play, it almost gets in his way sometimes. like Leonardo Davinci waking up in the morning and having the burden of trying to figure out if he's going to do painting, sculpting, dissecting animals, or philosophizing about the nature of humanity. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Awesome talent. He just needs to stop taking unnecessary hits and I don't mean the type of hits and sacks generated by a leaky offensive line. There were 2-3 plays around the goal line and out of bounds areas where he lowered his shoulder trying for extra yards, resulting in huge collisions.

Reminds me of RG3. Needs to be smarter and take what the defense gives him. Use his check down, which was available. Let the RB's take those hits, it is their job. And those RB's may even break a tackle and score. Watson was getting killed by 2-3 defender collisions trying to score a rushing TD several times last night against Dallas.

• Like 1

The selfish fantasy owner of Watson in me was VERY EXCITED to see him go for the rushing TDs...

But seeing the hits made me reconsider.  I'd rather have him all season

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Reminds me of RG3. Needs to be smarter and take what the defense gives him. Use his check down, which was available. Let the RB's take those hits, it is their job. And those RB's may even break a tackle and score. Watson was getting killed by 2-3 defender collisions trying to score a rushing TD several times last night against Dallas.

Props to Dallas for the way they punished him on those.  They were swarming to the contain.  Watching Watson by the end of the game he was looking a bit ginger on his throws and with his movement from all the hits.  Hopefully waking up this morning in extreme pain helps him rethink his strategy.  He definitely could have leaned even more on the checkdown than he did.  

I just want the kid to stay healthy.  I've become such a big fan.  He's a guy who hasn't even hit 60% of his "skill" ceiling yet, watching him play and seeing all the little mistakes, and yet he's still doing what he's doing stats wise.  He can be legendary good if he keeps developing and doesn't get himself killed.

• Like 1