Arrowhead

Deshaun Watson 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Eck27 said:

Thoughts on Watson @WASH this week?

I fear that it’s a dragged out slugfest, 24-20, type game. I’d think that the redskins’ run-stopping prowess would force the Texans to throw the ball, but Deshaun has attempted 24 passes or less in his past few games. 

Actually considering starting Eli vs TB over him. Is that crazy?

21 minutes ago, Eck27 said:

Thoughts on Watson @WASH this week?

Unfortunately same as his last game vs Den which is not terrible. Low volume due to HOU not having to pass much. Maybe 240 yards passing, 2 TDs, 30 yards rushing. Nothing terrible. Probably a low-end QB1.

6 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

I fear that it’s a dragged out slugfest, 24-20, type game. I’d think that the redskins’ run-stopping prowess would force the Texans to throw the ball, but Deshaun has attempted 24 passes or less in his past few games. 

I have concern obviously but I’m trusting him coming off the bye and some solid play lately.  I can stomach a Watson dud here far more than watching him have a solid game on my bench while Eli Manning tanks my week.  

33 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Yes, that's crazy talk. Skins are trending down, Watson was playing with a collapsed lung and is presumably healthier now and had a week off.
I'm playing him over Rivers, FWIW.

47 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Yes, that's crazy talk. Skins are trending down, Watson was playing with a collapsed lung and is presumably healthier now and had a week off.
I'm playing him over Rivers, FWIW.

also playing over rivers for reference

Need this guy to recapture his form from last season. 

ill take a stab at a projection:

24/30 for 319 yards 2 TD passing

8/48 1 TD rushing

LETSSS GOOOO

11 minutes ago, billydough said:

Need this guy to recapture his form from last season. 

ill take a stab at a projection:

24/30 for 319 yards 2 TD passing

8/48 1 TD rushing

LETSSS GOOOO

That's a 30 point stat line I'd love to see but I think the score will be rather low, I have him in the 22 point range:

21/27 for 317 yds 2 TD, 1 Int

5 for 35 yds rushing

lets all hope HOU cant run the ball well and has to pass a ton. i like that Coutee is back with DT in his 3rd week with the team, and i hope he doesn't call another unauthorized time out. ugh. Maybe the 3 headed TE's contribute. That's still asking a lot from Alex Smith (on his last leg) to motivate HOU to have to score more than 17.
Quick observation= Hou is not playing with a good philosophy until its crunch time. They go up by 3 and next possession its like they are trying to make the 3 points hold up and they get super conservative. It seems like they get in 3rd and long so often. once they go down points they look so much better and i see what the future holds with Watson playing QB instead of game manager. i want them to step on necks and pile up and keep the defense fresh and sharp.

The loss of Fuller was significant. I agree, it may be time to move on. Alot of regret for us who took him in the 5th round over Newton,Luck,etc. 

2 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Lamar Jackson is a better play than this cat rest of season.  Can’t wait to pick him up.  Watson is grade a trash tier.

The guy who scored 15 points and is not even guaranteed to be starting rest of the season? Okay...

I think Watson is trash but even I know Lamar Jackson is even worse.

He has no time to throw, their line is trash. 

Coming out of the bye I hoped he would be mostly healthy and could start running a bit more. 

Im gonna roll with Mayfield going forward, Watson has been far more of a floor than ceiling guy this season.

Probably why I’m 4-6 despite having Conner, Jones, Chubb, Sony, Nuk, Evans....

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

The guy who scored 15 points and is not even guaranteed to be starting rest of the season? Okay...

I think Watson is trash but even I know Lamar Jackson is even worse.

Jackson put up more points without a touchdown. I'll be certainly looking to add him to play over Watson. 

Unbelievable to think that I will probably start Trubisky over Watson the rest of the season.  Even with the tough match up this week it looks like Trubisky will put up more points on my bench.  

1 hour ago, chief79 said:

Unbelievable to think that I will probably start Trubisky over Watson the rest of the season.  Even with the tough match up this week it looks like Trubisky will put up more points on my bench.  

Same boat. Everyone in my league made fun of me for blowing a #2 waiver on Trubisky last week after he was dropped (He was QB 7 in our league). I am a huge Texans fan, and simply put as long as BoB is there he won't do anything ROS. Throwing the ball 25 times per game. No foot on the gas pedal with this coach. 

Trubisky is my #1 going forward and for me its no longer really close. Watson will stay on the bench only as insurance and if he keeps floundering I will look at other backup options. Realistically one of the bigger bust in fantasy this year. Going to fall to the QB 16 ish after today.  He' a QB2 right now. 

Edited by mpat15

I just can't get over how bad he's been this year. It seems like they never have to pass the ball. Next week more of the same vs Tennessee. 

The killer is he's not running. I have a feeling that's cause he's banged up, but if he was getting 50 rushing yards a week these duds would be a little easier to stomach. In a 10-teamer unfortunately right now I think you've gotta bench him.

In a 10 teamer, I might legit drop him for Trubisky. Only thing stopping me is I really think it could come back to bite me. Such a shame.

Their schedule:

vs TEN- good def, bad offense. More of the same for Watson with low volume

vs CLE- better matchup but hard to expect a shootout. CLE likes to run and play conservative. More of the same for Watson with low volume

vs IND- could be a great game. INDY's defense isnt bad but should have to score to keep up with Luck

Before going on, that's 3 home games in a row. It looks like he has been a beast at home this year and pretty bad on the road

@NYJ- bad defense but again not much reason for high volume

@PHI- great matchup

On 11/18/2018 at 10:16 AM, Krambone said:

lets all hope HOU cant run the ball well and has to pass a ton. i like that Coutee is back with DT in his 3rd week with the team, and i hope he doesn't call another unauthorized time out. ugh. Maybe the 3 headed TE's contribute. That's still asking a lot from Alex Smith (on his last leg) to motivate HOU to have to score more than 17.
Quick observation= Hou is not playing with a good philosophy until its crunch time. They go up by 3 and next possession its like they are trying to make the 3 points hold up and they get super conservative. It seems like they get in 3rd and long so often. once they go down points they look so much better and i see what the future holds with Watson playing QB instead of game manager. i want them to step on necks and pile up and keep the defense fresh and sharp.

I didn’t really think he would literally end up with one good leg left. Been a good run Alex Smith.

Damn I’m torn. Should I pick up Winston and plug him in? I feel like Watson won’t be this bad moving forward. The titans can’t score though and have a good defense. I can’t see him airing it out much.