Arrowhead

Ezekiel Elliott 2018 Outlook

What an up and down season last year with all of the suspension issues. He still managed to finish among the most valuable RB last year. What in store for him this year with a full season to look forward too. I imagine he'll be the number one pick off the board next year. What do you guys think?

Edited by Arrowhead

12 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

What an up and down season last year with all of the suspension issues. He still managed to finish among the most valuable RB last year. What in store for him this year with a full season to look forward too. I imagine he'll be the number one pick off the board next year. What do you guys think?

Don't know about the number 1 pick part...bell, gurley, etc

But should be studly this year.   

43 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Hard to make him the #1 if you don't have confidence in what the Dallas offense will look like yet. Right now Bell and Gurley look better in stronger offenses. Zeke is definiely in the top 4 rb's off the board in PPR.

I'll take him first.

Bell was ran into the ground last year.  Historically guys can't back up a 400+ touch year with another elite year.

DJ lost Arians which is way bigger than people understand.  He fed DJ ridiculous volume.  Will Bradford stay upright?

I could see taking Gurley number one.  However I think the schedule gets harder.  Can't recall.

They were using Zeke in the passing game last year and his volume floor was higher than anyone's.  Absolutely cannot miss.  I think the revenge factor is real, too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I'll take him first.

Bell was ran into the ground last year.  Historically guys can't back up a 400+ touch year with another elite year.

DJ lost Arians which is way bigger than people understand.  He fed DJ ridiculous volume.  Will Bradford stay upright?

I could see taking Gurley number one.  However I think the schedule gets harder.  Can't recall.

They were using Zeke in the passing game last year and his volume floor was higher than anyone's.  Absolutely cannot miss.  I think the revenge factor is real, too.

Sold! I like it 

3 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

I'll take him first.

you forgot to add to your narrative the part about him training and doing sprints on the white sandy beaches of Mexico :lol:

Edited by dashoe

I expect his numbers to drop this year. That being said he will still put up very good numbers. The Cowboys offense just isn't that good. He's the only real threat.

If Zeke keeps his head about him this offseason and can be lucky enough to play most of the games in 2018, He will be a dominant runner and post top 3 FF RB stats across the board with the ability to reach #1 FF RB as well. The volume will be unquestioned and the stats will follow.  Just as he did in 2016 and at the start of 2017 before his suspension.  There is not one single thing that has drastically changed within this offense that should have a negative effect on Zeke. If anything, i see improvement from the 2017 roster so far, starting with trying to bolster the OL depth that bit them in the a** last year.   He is a sure fire top 3 pick across all formats, IMO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I expect his numbers to drop this year. That being said he will still put up very good numbers. The Cowboys offense just isn't that good. He's the only real threat.

They added Allen hurns who is very underrated. Should be a solid #2 along with dez. You have to believe Dallas will be looking at offensive weapons in the draft as well... top it off with Dallas having a strong o line which helps Zeke alot

6 hours ago, South Carolina said:

yeah that's the big question for me is how much better worse or the same is the dallas offense going to be.  The better teams in the NFC literally got better so far in FA.

Also is this finally the year Garrett is on the hot seat?

Edited by dashoe

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

yeah that's the big question for me is how much better worse or the same is the dallas offense going to be.  The better teams in the NFC literally got better so far in FA.

Also is this finally the year Garrett is on the hot seat?

i don't see how it could get any worse unless injury happens in Dallas to one of the big horses.  With all the BS last year they were 9-7 all while foundering around with Zeke's suspension and Dak's following struggles.  Dak/Zeke's numbers when they have been on the field together since 2016 are very healthy for real football and FF purposes.   If they can simply stabilize the BS in 2018 they should be just fine to compete. Dez and the FO may have that idea off to a rocky start though lol.  

I do agree they may be a bit behind the 8ball here in the conference bc their are some really good looking tough NFC teams. But they have added some OL depth, resigned some important pieces on both sides, and i like the young secondary pieces in place.    I really hope they can pull the right triggers in the first few round in this draft as well.

and yes, JG is def on the hot seat this season.  An 8-8 season gets his goose cooked and i'd also say even a missed playoff appearance has him walking out the door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

If they can simply stabilize the BS in 2018 they should be just fine to compete.

Draft 1 high end WR, 2 OL, and the rest front 7, and the team looks really good.  Secondary is young but talented.  Dak + Zeke + OL together can control the clock and score points -- best defense is a good offense that strangles the clock.  Dak really does need help at WR though -- Hurns isn't the answer.  Get James Washington or DJ Moore in the 2nd round and you probably have sufficient speed.  Not great but sufficient.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

i don't see how it could get any worse unless injury happens in Dallas to one of the big horses.  With all the BS last year they were 9-7 all while foundering around with Zeke's suspension and Dak's following struggles.  Dak/Zeke's numbers when they have been on the field together since 2016 are very healthy for real football and FF purposes.   If they can simply stabilize the BS in 2018 they should be just fine to compete. Dez and the FO may have that idea off to a rocky start though lol.  

I do agree they may be a bit behind the 8ball here in the conference bc their are some really good looking tough NFC teams. But they have added some OL depth, resigned some important pieces on both sides, and i like the young secondary pieces in place.    I really hope they can pull the right triggers in the first few round in this draft as well.

and yes, JG is def on the hot seat this season.  An 8-8 season gets his goose cooked and i'd also say even a missed playoff appearance has him walking out the door.

Garret should of been shown the door years ago.  Jerry loves a guy he can control so I wouldn't be so sure he will be shown the door if they fail to make playoffs.  

As for Zeke he's a top 3 option in every scoring format. Even in ppr I would take him number 2 over Bell.  Zeke is much younger didn't get 400 plus touches last year and will be there for training camp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Draft 1 high end WR, 2 OL, and the rest front 7, and the team looks really good.  Secondary is young but talented.  Dak + Zeke + OL together can control the clock and score points -- best defense is a good offense that strangles the clock.  Dak really does need help at WR though -- Hurns isn't the answer.  Get James Washington or DJ Moore in the 2nd round and you probably have sufficient speed.  Not great but sufficient.

They draft the right front 7 guy(s), get some safety help (vaccaro?), and things are trending up on D.

And while he can't be counted on longterm I think Gregory is going to be reinstated.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Garret should of been shown the door years ago.  Jerry loves a guy he can control so I wouldn't be so sure he will be shown the door if they fail to make playoffs.  

As for Zeke he's a top 3 option in every scoring format. Even in ppr I would take him number 2 over Bell.  Zeke is much younger didn't get 400 plus touches last year and will be there for training camp.

I would have kicked JG's a** to the curb before the 13-3 season,TBH.  That dang season saved his butt to this point unfortunately.  I think this season is pretty make or break for JG.  I just hope some big time season injury doesn't occur that leads to excuses from the FO, which is always possible.  But if Dak/Zeke are healthy and this team underachieves again, i think JG is as good as gone.   Jerry wants a yes man no question about it, but the guy wants to win way more.  That 13 win season was a fun ride for fans but dang it kept Garrett here too long now.

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

agree Luc, i think there is more upside on this roster then some want to believe.  The WR core is a real mess though and its hard to know what plays out here soon after the draft.  I would LOVE the idea of seeing Moore here in Dallas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

I would have kicked JG's a** to the curb before the 13-3 season,TBH.  That dang season saved his butt to this point unfortunately.  I think this season is pretty make or break for JG.  I just hope some big time season injury doesn't occur that leads to excuses from the FO, which is always possible.  But if Dak/Zeke are healthy and this team underachieves again, i think JG is as good as gone.   Jerry wants a yes man no question about it, but the guy wants to win way more.  That 13 win season was a fun ride for fans but dang it kept Garrett here too long now.

agree Luc, i think there is more upside on this roster then some want to believe.  The WR core is a real mess though and its hard to know what plays out here soon after the draft.  I would LOVE the idea of seeing Moore here in Dallas.

He should have been canned after 4-12.

Definitely after he screwed up the end of the game vs GB.

There is great wr value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in this draft.

• Like 1

On March 28, 2018 at 7:35 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I hear he’s being traded to the Rams 

Should thrive as Gurley’s change of pace back - especially with Beckham decoying defenses

What a 1 2 punch that would be. 

On 3/29/2018 at 12:31 PM, BlakeP42 said:

i don't see how it could get any worse unless injury happens in Dallas to one of the big horses.

Could get worse if Zeke gets into trouble again... and this recent selfie suggests Zeke is ready to stir up some...

Zeke-2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Could get worse if Zeke gets into trouble again... and this recent selfie suggests Zeke is ready to stir up some...

Zeke-2.jpg

He likes those super blonde types.  I'm more of a brunette guy, I pefer the mystery and maturity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

He likes those super blonde types.  I'm more of a brunette guy, I pefer the mystery and maturity.

I prefer my Avatar.  :wub:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Zeke-2.jpg

Isn't touching in the photos, respectful distance. Seems like the best case scenario for a selfie.

1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

Isn't touching in the photos, respectful distance. Seems like the best case scenario for a selfie.

yes he is touching, look his arm is behind her back but totally above board.  She has what I would call an interesting grip on her friends waist, if that was zeke holding that woman like that then lots of eyebrows would be raised.