Arrowhead

Ezekiel Elliott 2018 Outlook

Traded Chubb and Mack for Zeke before the Philly game last week. Kamaras my RB1. I knew it was only a matter of time before Zeke came around. 

5 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Traded Chubb and Mack for Zeke before the Philly game last week. Kamaras my RB1. I knew it was only a matter of time before Zeke came around. 

Chubb and Mack for maybe the best RB in the game. Yikes.

Edited by timexsocialclub
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

Chubb and Mack for the maybe the best RB in the game. Yikes.

Thats what I said.

For everyone who thought Zeke was having a down year or would have a down year.

Averages over his career per game:

2016: 133 total yards and ~1 TD (scored 16 in 15 games)

2017: 125 total yards and ~1 TD (scored 9 in 10 games)

2018: 131 total yards and .66 TD (scored 7 in 11 games)

So his TDs are down so far this year but his total yardage is on par with his career.

• Like 2

He will be on championships for those who made it into the playoffs now that he has an elite WR1. No team can stop Amari and Zeke so the Cowboys should roll especially with that defense

Edited by Dr. Whom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

He will be on championships for those who made it into the playoffs now that he has an elite WR1. No team can stop Amari and Zeke so the Cowboys should roll especially with that defense

Teams can stop Amari, the Redskins just forgot how to keep their footing and tackle today.  However, Cooper definitely opens up the field for Zeke and elevated him back into top 3 RB consideration.  

Even more than Amari though, I think the O-line is finally healthier for the most part and playing up to their capability.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Teams can stop Amari, the Redskins just forgot how to keep their footing and tackle today.  However, Cooper definitely opens up the field for Zeke and elevated him back into top 3 RB consideration.  

Even more than Amari though, I think the O-line is finally healthier for the most part and playing up to their capability.

?? Well Tyron Smith didnt play today, and of course Frederick still out but the fact that zeke still had a great game is a very good sign. Amari has done wonders opening things up for this offense, and teams are going to have to respect his big play ability even more after tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

?? Well Tyron Smith didnt play today, and of course Frederick still out but the fact that zeke still had a great game is a very good sign. Amari has done wonders opening things up for this offense, and teams are going to have to respect his big play ability even more after tonight.

Yeah, Smith is definitely more important to the pass protection than for the run game... of course that helps the whole offense move the ball, but I thought the backup played well.

Dak actually played well tonight for once, he moved around well in and out of the pocket, and was accurate for the most part.

12 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Would not trade Zeke for Gurley at this point.

Would not trade Zeke for anyone

Mahomes perhaps. I would

Zeke could easily be having multi TD games .. easily .. but Dak either keeps it or the play calling in redzone is just terrible 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You mean the backup left tackle, backup left guard, and backup center we had out there?   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

You mean the backup left tackle, backup left guard, and backup center we had out there?   

Healthy was probably the wrong term but it's a known fact that it takes time for offensive lines to gel together. So while losing Smith obviously was a downgrade the rest of the line has had time to gel over the past few weeks which is a very underrated aspect to offensive line play. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Leads the league in rushing now...

Saquon hasn’t played yet my guy 

4 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Saquon hasn’t played yet my guy 

You're projecting Saquon to rush for over 348 yards? Good to know.

• Haha 4

On 11/2/2018 at 9:35 PM, ellie826 said:

I think zeke is going to eat ros. Columbo is going back to their roots and going back to attacking instead of reacting which their fired o line coach was teaching. He’s been with them during their peak years and I think the o line is going to get a LOT better and zeke is going to be rb1 here on out. Get out of here Gurley!

Getting Amari helped which I didn’t see but surprisingly sua filo taking over for our 2nd round pick helped a ton. Williams will be very good after a year of nfl strength training but he is too small right now.

Zeke actually got unlucky yesterday with a couple of flukey long TDs to cooper (shortish passes with bad defense leading to long scores), otherwise he likely puts up an even bigger number. Still, no complaints as having a more dynamic offense can only help open things up for zeke.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FF4life said:

Would not trade Zeke for Gurley at this point.

Would not trade Zeke for anyone

Not wise, my dude.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, munde53 said:

You're projecting Saquon to rush for over 348 yards? Good to know.

You better believe it chief 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Zeke actually got unlucky yesterday with a couple of flukey long TDs to cooper (shortish passes with bad defense leading to long scores), otherwise he likely puts up an even bigger number. Still, no complaints as having a more dynamic offense can only help open things up for zeke.

Plus, and I didn't actually see this part of the game, but the yahoo blurb said the cowboys had 1st and goal from the 4 and didn't give it to Zeke

More missed opportunities. Still can't complain though, great production from what was a first overall pick for lots of us.

6 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

Plus, and I didn't actually see this part of the game, but the yahoo blurb said the cowboys had 1st and goal from the 4 and didn't give it to Zeke

This is becoming so commonplace for the Cowboys, it's really kind of disgusting.

No doubt that Cooper has boosted this offense, though.  And it says a lot that they were able to run so effectively even with two backup linemen yesterday.  The offense did a complete 180 since the Titans game.

17 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Not wise, my dude.

At least the cowboys won’t be resting players week 16. Possibly...