Arrowhead

Ezekiel Elliott 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

Not wise, my dude.

Very wise.

 

Gurley is waning.

 

Zeke is finishing the season on an absolute tear. And - He gets Tampa Bay at home in Week 16 for the Fantasy Finals. Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonasdash said:

 

You mean the backup left tackle, backup left guard, and backup center we had out there?   

 

Yeah, perhaps I had a bit much Thanksgiving drink yesterday before commenting on the game, but just from watching them, they are definitely opening up holes a lot better than earlier in the season.  

 

Zeke is so dangerous when he gets the second level because of his powerful running style... it seems like he’s getting there a lot more recently.  Comparing yeaterday to the first game against the Skins, and it’s night and day.  I don’t think that’s all Amari... the line is playing much better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget.. they also replace the OL coach a few weeks ago..

 

Still think Zeke could be having better games  - involve him in more passing plays (wheel routes), outside runs, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Don't forget.. they also replace the OL coach a few weeks ago..

 

Still think Zeke could be having better games  - involve him in more passing plays (wheel routes), outside runs, etc. 

 

I actually think they’ve been doing a decent job with him in the passing game since the bye. His reception totals the last four weeks are 4, 6, 7, 5 and he’s on pace to destroy his previous high for catches in a season.  Not a lot of production yesterday yardage-wise, but I thought the Skins did a good job defending that.

 

Biggest improvement fantasy-wise could be made if the Cowboys stop trying to get cute in the red zone... I mean, give him the ball for Godsake.  Their play-calling inside the 10 yard line this year has been suspect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FF4life said:

Very wise.

 

Gurley is waning.

 

Zeke is finishing the season on an absolute tear. And - He gets Tampa Bay at home in Week 16 for the Fantasy Finals. Championship.

 

Let's bet.  I'll take Gurley you take Zeke.  Here's a blank check, write any amount on it.  Half point ppr output Weeks 12-16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

Let's bet.  I'll take Gurley you take Zeke.  Here's a blank check, write any amount on it.  Half point ppr output Weeks 12-16.

 

 

You're including Week 12?

 

Gurley is on BYE.

 

Zeke has a 22.8-0 lead heading into Week 13.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FF4life said:

Would not trade Zeke for Gurley at this point.

 

Would not trade Zeke for anyone

 

How quickly things change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FF4life said:

 

 

You're including Week 12?

 

Gurley is on BYE.

 

Zeke has a 22.8-0 lead heading into Week 13.

 

13, my mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Criminal how undervalued he was earlier in the year and the complaints that he wasn't elite. He is a generational talent and a top 3 RB  in the league. Dynasty, he is the kind of player you build a team around for a long long time and enjoy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're all starting Zeke this week, but anyone here concerned about him running into that NO defensive wall? My hope is that they'll feature him more in the passing game if the game goes out of hand.

Edited by MovingTheChains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MovingTheChains said:

We're all starting Zeke this week, but anyone here concerned about him running into that NO defensive wall? My hope is that they'll feature him more in the passing game if the game goes out of hand.

 

NO is due to regress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was always the safest bet of the 2-4 RBs on draft day. Zeke has been killing it while DJ is meh and Bell is sitting on his couch eating cheetos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MovingTheChains said:

We're all starting Zeke this week, but anyone here concerned about him running into that NO defensive wall? My hope is that they'll feature him more in the passing game if the game goes out of hand.

 

Not really. Dallas is at home, and they’ve been throwing to him a lot more. Amari has done wonders for that offense, and they’re going to keep feeding Zeke to keep Brees off the field. He’ll still get his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sSektor said:

He was always the safest bet of the 2-4 RBs on draft day. Zeke has been killing it while DJ is meh and Bell is sitting on his couch eating cheetos.

 

Hindsight is 20/20

 

Nobody and I mean literally nobody expected bell to sit out the season

 

And if they don’t make the trade for Amari which opens up the offense he’s probably doing about as well as DJ. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Orleans rushing defense is overrated!!! Ranking is inflated due to their schedule and teams having to abandon the run and pass happy. Here is the rushing rankings for teams they've faced this season:

 

31st, 31st, 30th, 29th, 28th, 26th, 24th, 13th, 11th, 9th, and 2nd.

 

Dallas needs to control the clock with the run game, not settle for FGs, and get a few stops here and there. Gonna be tough, but I don't think they'll get blown out. Think if they lose, it'll be like 31-23. If they win, it'll be like 27-24.

 

Zeke will have a decent game, but it does suck Smith is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

New Orleans rushing defense is overrated!!! Ranking is inflated due to their schedule and teams having to abandon the run and pass happy. Here is the rushing rankings for teams they've faced this season:

 

31st, 31st, 30th, 29th, 28th, 26th, 24th, 13th, 11th, 9th, and 2nd.

 

Dallas needs to control the clock with the run game, not settle for FGs, and get a few stops here and there. Gonna be tough, but I don't think they'll get blown out. Think if they lose, it'll be like 31-23. If they win, it'll be like 27-24.

 

Zeke will have a decent game, but it does suck Smith is out.

The concern is not that Zeke won't be able to run. The concern is that NO will blow the roof off the building and force DAL to abandon the run.

 

Do I see that happening? Not particularly. Dallas is at home and has been on a tear. However, NO has also been on a tear of epic porportions. While I don't see a 21-0 first quarter NO lead as very likely, it also wouldn't surprise me. If that does happen Zeke becomes far less useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The concern is not that Zeke won't be able to run. The concern is that NO will blow the roof off the building and force DAL to abandon the run.

 

Do I see that happening? Not particularly. Dallas is at home and has been on a tear. However, NO has also been on a tear of epic porportions. While I don't see a 21-0 first quarter NO lead as very likely, it also wouldn't surprise me. If that does happen Zeke becomes far less useful. 

 

That’s why I said I think it’ll be close. Dallas has a pretty good history of playing great teams close! However, this was with Romo. I can think of the Colts game. The Saints game when Dallas went into the Superdome and beat them. The Broncos. The Patriots.

 

Was that because of Romo? Was it because of Garrett and the team getting pumped up by being big underdogs? I don’t know. We’ll find out tonight. Dak has to make some big plays. Gonna be fun! I think Zeke will have a decent game regardless. 

Edited by tpat30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

 

That’s why I said I think it’ll be close. Dallas has a pretty good history of playing great teams close! However, this was with Romo. I can think of the Colts game. The Saints game when Dallas went into the Superdome and beat them. The Broncos. The Patriots.

 

Was that because of Romo? Was it because of Garrett and the team getting pumped up by being big underdogs? I don’t know. We’ll find out tonight. Dak has to make some big plays. Gonna be fun! I think Zeke will have a decent game regardless. 

Sure as hell wasn't because of Garrett.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

30 touches 

200 total yds

2 TDs

Zeke and Kamara about to combine for 400 and 4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Zeke and Kamara about to combine for 400 and 4

 

i can easily see those two dominating all night, yes - primetime fireworks a comin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

i can easily see those two dominating all night, yes - primetime fireworks a comin'

One of the few games on Thursday i'm actually looking forward to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He came through for us when we needed him in a tough matchup.  

 

I appreciate the effort, you ugly little Ewok.  Keep up the great work. 👌🏻

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.