Arrowhead

Ezekiel Elliott 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Chicagocolt said:

Gurley falling to 3 would be kind of ridiculous IMO.

Forgot about Gurley, never crossed my mind so at worst, three (behind Gurley and Barkley)?

1 minute ago, KN033118 said:

Forgot about Gurley, never crossed my mind so at worst, three (behind Gurley and Barkley)?

I would say so, yeah. Next year will be a great year for a top pick.

I had #3 and took Zeke before DJ.

I ain’t like these other non-believers Zeke.

Zeke is right back in the argument for beat fantasy RB with the emergence of Cooper. Next year Zeke should even be better with a healthy offensive line. 

Gurley, Barkley, Zeke in any order. Top 3 is the way to be next year.

Edited by ponchsox

While the phrase “beat fantasy RB” makes absolutely no sense, I’ll point this out: ever since their bye, they have made a conscious effort to incorporate Elliott into the passing game.  And the whole offense has flowed better since the Cooper acquisition.

16 hours ago, KN033118 said:

Same exact boat, picked him 4th. Is it possible with this kinda usage he goes to the #2 overall rb behind only Barkley? I know it doesn’t matter much when you got a top 5, but for me it makes me curious where he’ll be drafted next year.

Same thing happened in my league. I wasn't as high on Zeke as those other 3 because of his lack of touches in the passing game. I don't think anyone could have imagined his usage would increase to what it has this year. It's turned him into an absolute workhorse more-so than he's been in the past.

4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Same thing happened in my league. I wasn't as high on Zeke as those other 3 because of his lack of touches in the passing game. I don't think anyone could have imagined his usage would increase to what it has this year. It's turned him into an absolute workhorse more-so than he's been in the past.

his passing game usage is what is taking him from elite to the no1 overall discussion. No one should say you're crazy for drafting him no1 next year. Gurley will be the more traditional choice, but Barkley and Zeke will be right there.

I was a the game last Sunday, and didnt realize until i got home, dude had 40 touches. just stupid.

He's Gurley + James White combined.

It's crazy how teams just let Dak keep dumping off to Zeke pretty much every single play of the game now that Cooper is there to stretch the field.

6 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Why is Zeke still questionable? Anyone else concerned?

No.

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Not good. 

Elliott was held out of practice Wednesday due to a shoulder injury, Calvin Watkins of The Athletic reports. "Just a maintenance day," Elliott told Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News. "Just got a little sore shoulder. It's late in the season. I've had a lot of touches. Just trying to make sure I'm fresh for [Sunday's game against the Colts]."

Analysis: After Elliott ripped up the Eagles for 192 yards from scrimmage in the Cowboys' Week 14 win, coach Jason Garrett relayed the running back was feeling fine as a result of a neck injury he suffered in the fourth quarter. Elliott was seen in sweats at the beginning of Wednesday's practice, though, creating questions about his health. He put them to rest with his comments afterward. Elliott has two more sessions this week to prove that the shoulder issue won't impact his upcoming availability.

5 minutes ago, HTM said:

Elliott was held out of practice Wednesday due to a shoulder injury, Calvin Watkins of The Athletic reports. "Just a maintenance day," Elliott told Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News. "Just got a little sore shoulder. It's late in the season. I've had a lot of touches. Just trying to make sure I'm fresh for [Sunday's game against the Colts]."

Analysis: After Elliott ripped up the Eagles for 192 yards from scrimmage in the Cowboys' Week 14 win, coach Jason Garrett relayed the running back was feeling fine as a result of a neck injury he suffered in the fourth quarter. Elliott was seen in sweats at the beginning of Wednesday's practice, though, creating questions about his health. He put them to rest with his comments afterward. Elliott has two more sessions this week to prove that the shoulder issue won't impact his upcoming availability.

Being held out of practice because he had a neck/shoulder injury where he lost feeling in his arm and a "maintenance day" are two completely different things. If he's not practicing fully tomorrow,  I doubt he's playing. 

Edited by Dexter75

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Being held out of practice because he had a neck/shoulder injury where he lost feeling in his arm and a "maintenance day" are two completely different things. If he's not practicing fully tomorrow,  I doubt he's playing. 

1*uHVrMCbKQ9pH9m8kih0-pg.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

What? 

Zeke is 100% playing.

Why don't you go ahead and read what he said about playing on Sunday... I provided the quote. 

5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Zeke finished the game and has never missed a game.  He's not sitting.  They gave him 40 TOUCHES.  He deserves a rest day.

Edited by youngrice

Just now, youngrice said:

Zeke finished the game and has never missed a game.  He's not sitting

Hope so, Im already screwed with Hunt/Ware, last thing I need is Zeke sitting out too in my playoff game. 

1 hour ago, Elcapitan said:

With all the injuries lately and players/coaches saying they're fine...

lol - THIS^^

Not sure how anyone can predict player's availability. OJ Howard had a season ending injury, and the news was still optimistic for a few days. Cook was just taking off "maintenance" days and ended up missing weeks.

Should be an interesting week for Zeke...I imagine he might actually do more damage through his receiving game than on the ground...

IND allows the 8th fewest rushing yards per game in the NFL, and have yet to allow a single 100-yard rushing performance by 1 player...

Joe Mixon, Sonny Michel and Chris Ivory (WTF) are the only 3 RBs all season to have successfully rushed for more than 80 yards against IND.

However, (here's the kicker)

IND has given up a TON of catches and receiving yards to RBs this season...Looking at their past games, I'd venture to guess they're in the Bottom-10 in that department.

My prediction:

IND has given up the 10th fewest TDS as a defense...so it'll be interesting to see if Elliot finds pay dirt.

Statline: 24-84-0 / 7-75-0...Let's hope for some TDs too!

Zack Martin out, Tyron Smith looking legitimately questionable. No bueno.