Sign in to follow this  
baller179563

ESPN Fantasy Leagues

First of all I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Does anybody know why ESPN got rid of creating a custom settings league which would appear in the draft lobby and then the league you created would be able to be joined by the public? They are only providing me with the option of creating a League Manager league. I've played this way on ESPN for years across four different sports and now those options are just gone out of the blue. If anybody has an insight on this I'd greatly appreciate. I'm currently sitting out of fantasy baseball this year due to this issue and wouldn't be opposed to sitting out the other three sports if this continues. 

On 3/28/2018 at 7:08 PM, baller179563 said:

First of all I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Does anybody know why ESPN got rid of creating a custom settings league which would appear in the draft lobby and then the league you created would be able to be joined by the public? They are only providing me with the option of creating a League Manager league. I've played this way on ESPN for years across four different sports and now those options are just gone out of the blue. If anybody has an insight on this I'd greatly appreciate. I'm currently sitting out of fantasy baseball this year due to this issue and wouldn't be opposed to sitting out the other three sports if this continues. 

Also does anybody know what sports this will include or is going to be all fantasy sports across the ESPN platform? 

Posted (edited)

You can still create public custom leagues, all ESPN have done is removed the create public league option from the interface.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/st/start?custom=1

that link is for football, I think you replace the ffl in the link for different sports (not that I play any other fantasy sport on ESPN so I can't confirm the other sports link).

annoying that they needlessly altered the interface, but one benefit i found is any league I create fills up pretty quick :D

Edited by Anarchy666

On 5/10/2018 at 4:03 PM, Anarchy666 said:

You can still create public custom leagues, all ESPN have done is removed the create public league option from the interface.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/st/start?custom=1

that link is for football, I think you replace the ffl in the link for different sports (not that I play any other fantasy sport on ESPN so I can't confirm the other sports link).

annoying that they needlessly altered the interface, but one benefit i found is any league I create fills up pretty quick :D

Thanks for the response. Are you still able to change the league settings or is what is shown on that page all you can change? Because I’m looking to change the scoring, how long the playoff matchups and regular season matchups are, and the trade deadline date. 

yes you can still change all the settings that one could change once the league has been created.