fakespike

Austin Ekeler 2018 Outlook

Yeah if you were rostering him this is what you’ve been waiting for lol. I’m starting him over James White and his safe floor this week bc I think he can have a big game. They also have the bye the follow week and hopefully he touches the ball between 20-30 times. If not then back to the WW he goes.

Whats his rank in standard? In ppr hes in the Top 20, its foolish to even be thinking about dropping him wtf

thats right, TOP 20 w/GORDON

Edited by CABLE87

38 minutes ago, cornerback said:

If you rostered him for longer, you HAVE to play him today. If you dont play him today, he is a sure drop.

all year until this week but I dropped him and he is on waivers .. I am sick

Didn’t know anything about Justin Jackson.

He’s a rookie 7th round pick. 6 foot 199 pounds. So not that big either. 

How exactly is this guy supposed to take over anything more than 4-5 carries after being just signed off the practice squad in the last couple days? Seems unlikely that he’s even take that many carries long-term if Gordon remained out. 

I dont know anything about player evaluation though, so who knows. Just not sure why Ekeler wouldn’t get most of the carries and targets, at least for today’s game. 

3 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Didn’t know anything about Justin Jackson.

He’s a rookie 7th round pick. 6 foot 199 pounds. So not that big either. 

How exactly is this guy supposed to take over anything more than 4-5 carries after being just signed off the practice squad in the last couple days? Seems unlikely that he’s even take that many carries long-term if Gordon remained out. 

I dont know anything about player evaluation though, so who knows. Just not sure why Ekeler wouldn’t get most of the carries and targets, at least for today’s game. 

Exactly I think he’s going to get the majority of touches, what he does with them now that he’s the lead dog is anyone’s guess. I was debating starting him over White and Chubb and will be sitting White. I’m already down due to my DJ laying a turd going up against Phil Lyndsay and think his ceiling without Gordon is much higher that Whites this week.

3 minutes ago, Bob69024 said:

Exactly I think he’s going to get the majority of touches, what he does with them now that he’s the lead dog is anyone’s guess. I was debating starting him over White and Chubb and will be sitting White. I’m already down due to my DJ laying a turd going up against Phil Lyndsay and think his ceiling without Gordon is much higher that Whites this week.

Yup I’ve got DJ too. 3-3 and going up against a stacked team. DJ’s turd puts me in a hole and now Gordon out. Got Chubb as well. Starting Ekeler and Chubb over Kerryon, Cohen, Jordan Howard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Start and forget fellas. No brainer. Don’t overthink.

I am paying for not using my brain.  

• Thanks 1

Looking like I should have went with clement.... Should have went with my gut 

1 hour ago, ff062018 said:

Yup I’ve got DJ too. 3-3 and going up against a stacked team. DJ’s turd puts me in a hole and now Gordon out. Got Chubb as well. Starting Ekeler and Chubb over Kerryon, Cohen, Jordan Howard

Good call so far

13 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Still lots of football left. But man, what a buzzkill so far.

I predict Ek busts out in second half. With this lead, they should control the clock more with runs

Another big play to BMW. Titans keeping it close. Bodes well for Ekeler.

Meh. Gordon would have more touches by now. They don't view him the same as Gordon. Usage still low

1 minute ago, Guwop said:

Meh. Gordon would have more touches by now. They don't view him the same as Gordon. Usage still low

Well yea, of course MG would have more touches by now. He’s only 5th in the NFL in total touches.

I have a feeling Ekeler will bust a screen pass soon. ? 

3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Don’t forget Chargers have two bomb plays and really haven’t had the ball that long.

21 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I’m surprised this thread wasn’t closed....lol

The mods must of had a hype weekend. Everyone is still faded ?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Well yea, of course MG would have more touches by now. He’s only 5th in the NFL in total touches.

I have a feeling Ekeler will bust a screen pass soon. ? 

The point is that without Gordon hogging touches he ended up with his normal usage. That's not what you expect out of a handcuff. Still hoping for that TD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

The point is that without Gordon hogging touches he ended up with his normal usage. That's not what you expect out of a handcuff. Still hoping for that TD

12 PPR points for me today, not terrible as my flex. TD would be gravy.

The second I get news that Gordon is back and healthy, I am going to drop Ekeler and then throw a party.  You're all invited.  

• Like 1