fakespike

Austin Ekeler 2018 Outlook

I feel like this game is gonna get outta hand quick tomorrow. The chargers are gonna score fast. Gordon will probably have a nice game. Then the 2nd half. They will be up by so much. Ekeler is gonna get a ton of carries.

Someone dropped him on waivers cause of bye weeks decided to stash him because I have the space who knows if Gordon goes down potential rb1 or rb2 numbers in full PPR?

Drop city? Not getting nearly the amount of work he was getting early in the season. He's not short on talent but it doesn't seem like they're trying to keep him involved anymore which Kills his flex value. 

3 hours ago, 2pac said:

Drop city? Not getting nearly the amount of work he was getting early in the season. He's not short on talent but it doesn't seem like they're trying to keep him involved anymore which Kills his flex value. 

I happened to see ONE play yesterday from this game - Ekeler busted a run for a TD. I was all happy.

Shortly after that I checked the stat line on ESPN...nothing!

I guess there was some sort of penalty on that play? :(

He’s nothing more than a stash lotto ticket in case Melvin goes down. Seems his stand alone value has just gone down the drain.

4 hours ago, Stratocasters said:

I happened to see ONE play yesterday from this game - Ekeler busted a run for a TD. I was all happy.

Shortly after that I checked the stat line on ESPN...nothing!

I guess there was some sort of penalty on that play? :(

Yup it was called back on a holding call that really had no affect on the play. Pretty unlucky for Ekeler.

I am keeping in my league where I own MG but can’t put him in my lineup anymore. 

Need to start planning ahead for playoffs and other than a handcuff to a player that I don't own, I don't plan to use him. I'm getting close to using his roster spot as a DST stash. 

Licking at my chops right now if Gordon sits.  I need to win 2 in a row to make the playoffs in one of my leagues and playing the #1 guy.  I need Ekelerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by KuNiT21
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, dylanj said:

top 25ish RB if Melv sits week 12?

Seems reasonable. I think Ekeler does well this week if Gordon’s out. I’m not judging his ability to perform as the starter based on the last time Gordon sat because the Titans owned time of possession and Chargers had like 3 drives scoring on 3 plays or less. 

Edited by Hops

Just picked him up but I already started three backs on Thursday :(

I expect him to have a good week if Gordon is out. He should have a nice floor with his receptions. 

3 minutes ago, dylanj said:

Top 14 sounds about right, considering a lot of the running backs played Thursday... didn't do much.

Top tier matchup and should get good volume in rush and pass game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

remember last time Gordon was out Ekeler had 17 touches in 45 offensive plays.

that is insane usage

People only remember the disappointing stats from that day but yes that is ridiculous usage. Expect a solid day if Gordon sits. 

Problem is its a 4pm  game. Unless u got someone better at 4 or Sunday Monday night can't wait until game time to see if hes starting. Rest of my guys at 1. Now if they announce hes out earlier then heck yeah.

As a MG owner, I'm just so thankful on this Friday after Thanksgiving that the Ekeler owner dropped him to pick up a bye week fill-in and I had priority.  Have been wanting to cuff MG properly all damn season.

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

People only remember the disappointing stats from that day but yes that is ridiculous usage. Expect a solid day if Gordon sits. 

Disappointing stats against a very stout Titans defense. Titans are 7th in total defense while Arizona is 14th. Titans are 9th against the run while Arizona is 29th. So yeah, I expect a solid day if he gets another increased workload.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Disappointing stats against a very stout Titans defense. Titans are 7th in total defense while Arizona is 14th. Titans are 9th against the run while Arizona is 29th. So yeah, I expect a solid day if he gets another increased workload.

And the game was in London and had a really weird feel to it.  Needs to hold on to the ball - had some fumbling issues last year, but hopefully got that figured out and fixed.

6 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Didnt he have a TD called back vs TEN?