• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
taobball

Brandon Nimmo 2018 Outlook

Heres a good read: https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/mlb/mets/2018/06/19/ny-mets-brandon-nimmo-combining-plate-discipline-power/713644002/

"Nimmo has since moved closer to the plate and also eliminated his stride. He's also benefited from information regarding launch angle passed along to him by former Mets hitting coach Kevin Long and current Mets hitting coach Pat Roessler.

Those two informed Nimmo he was hitting balls hard enough to put them in the stands, but he needed to elevate pitchers rather than hit them on the ground.

Nimmo's fly-ball rate is up to 44.8 percent from 32.8 percent last year, and his ground-ball rate has decreased from 42.9 percent to 34.5 percent per Fangraphs.com..."

• Like 5

KEEPER

Posted (edited)

Leading off v LHP today and a pretty good lefty. Platoon seems about over.

Edited by taobball
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

But he's still a Met

He's a star, even the mets cant hold him down

17 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

"Hold my beer" - Mets Managment

RE: Syndergaard, Conforto, Harvey, Gooden, Strawberry, Kazmir, Kent, Ryan, Wilson, Pulsipher, Isringhausen ect...

• Haha 3

On 6/19/2018 at 1:14 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

This guy is such a stud, I dropped him early in the year and regret it so much

1 hour ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Dude, just cause you dropped him, ya gotta jinx him??? LOL

• Haha 2

Dodged a bullet. Was removed from today's game after a HBP on the hand.

The results? MRI came back clean. Thank the lord.

• Like 2

His was hit on that hand twice today. The first time they called it a strike because he deliberately put his hand out. Second time this week he's done that and got called for it. He better be careful because pitchers are gonna start going after him if he keeps doing that. As much as I like this kid, sticking that hand out is bush league and he may get hurt because of it. 

Posted (edited)

Mets doctors just released this image of the xray. They said nothing broken, he'll be fine. 

foot-x-ray.jpg

Edited by jstep13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Too many lefties.

The Mets have faced six lefty starters over their past nine games.

Agree but that's the recipe to beat them isn't it? Just pouring lefties at them as their few competent hitters are also left-handed. 

They need Yoenis back. 

8 hours ago, CFN said:

with the mets training staff by tomorrow afternoon itll be reported its broken and then he'll be out the rest of the year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Xrays came back clean but he's still going for an MRI tomorrow. Left the ballpark in a splint. Call me crazy but I think something is wrong here. 

14 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Xrays came back clean but he's still going for an MRI tomorrow. Left the ballpark in a splint. Call me crazy but I think something is wrong here. 

Hopefully any swelling didnt cause the x-rays to show no breaks and I think MRI's are a pretty standard follow up and obviously a second look. I'm cautiously optimstic the splint was precautionary as they still need to run more tests. 

7 hours ago, CFN said:

You do realize Xrays are different from MRI's?  The MRI isn't scheduled until tomorrow.  

7 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

You do realize Xrays are different from MRI's?  The MRI isn't scheduled until tomorrow.  

Typo on my end. My bad guys. I meant X-Ray obviously.

Still good news though. I was bracing for the worst right away. Fingers still crossed for the MRI. 

Just checking.  Ill take any good news we can get.  I need Nimmo to play next week :wub:

I need him in my lineup. Pixar had it wrong. Nimmo is not a clownfish, he's a trout!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have initial concern now after reading the NY Times article. I didnt realize it was the knuckle on his pinky finger that was struck and when he took a dry swing at his next AB he felt immediate pain. It also doesnt help that two other Mets players sustained hand injuries which x-rays were negative but the MRI later showed a fracture. Lots of small bones and ligaments in the hand. 

About a month ago Syndergaard was supposed to miss one start with a finger issue.   We have not heard from him since.

I don't think the Mets training staff is good with finger issues.