• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
taobball

Brandon Nimmo 2018 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Just keep swimming... 

I'm getting tired of this movie.......enough of the Finding Nimmo already....I'm ready for Nimmo to start finding himself!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chickie said:

He’s toast. Move on.

LOL.

• Like 1

Nimmo was pinch hitting and looking for something to drive on the first pitch. 

Got a hanging curve and didn't miss it.  Nice approach off the bench.

Holding in all leagues.  Guy has just too much potential.  Have to stick with him through the rough stretches, I think.

Ok ok , I ate crow on this one. Mea Culpa. Does he now break out of this horrific slump?  I put him my lineup for the stolen bases. Where’d they disappear to?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chickie said:

I put him my lineup for the stolen bases. Where’d they disappear to?

Has to get on base first....

But beyond that, he's never really been much of a base stealer. Last year he had 2 in 436 PA between the minors and majors. The most he's ever stolen in a season was 14 in 2014.

Can't start Brandon Gallo...errr...I mean Brandon Nimmo anymore

Promptly strikes out -- vs Sonny Gray no less -- to lead off today's action.

4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Can't start Brandon Gallo...errr...I mean Brandon Nimmo anymore

Promptly strikes out -- vs Sonny Gray no less -- to lead off today's action.

Agreed. That one AB is the deciding factor.  I’m out too

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Agreed. That one AB is the deciding factor.  I’m out too

I own the guy. But he's frustrating me.

7PmNsjQ.jpg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I own the guy. But he's frustrating me.

7PmNsjQ.jpg

Brandon Happ is probably more apt. The K% spike started at the end of May, before the injury issues. 

Edited by Slatykamora

Well as far as leaning into pitches goes, he's an 80. Didn't realize he's already been called back twice by the home plate umpires this season on HBP for not making any attempt to get out of the way... bit embarrassing, IMO. 

• Like 1

He's reached base 4 out of 5 PAs each of his last two games and has a pair of doubles. Didn't do a ton of fantasy damage (the Mets aren't helping) but it's an encouraging performance.

I'm really on the fence with holding onto Nimmo. I'm still only really holding him bc my leagues a 14-Team Keeper & counts OPS. Were it a standard 5×5 league i would've definitely cut him by now... But he's getting very difficult to own when I could really use another Utility bat.

It feels like ever since he hurt his finger, he hasn't done ANYTHING - except for a pinch hit 2r HR which he was probably benched on most teams bc he obviously didn't start. Plus he's been caught stealing a couple times too, dropping his SB success rate down to 7 for 12. Combine this with his raising SO numbers & a miserable lineup where Rosario has taken over his leadoff spot & I'm struggling to keep him. Thoughts on Nimmo ROS??

4 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

I'm really on the fence with holding onto Nimmo. I'm still only really holding him bc my leagues a 14-Team Keeper & counts OPS. Were it a standard 5×5 league i would've definitely cut him by now... But he's getting very difficult to own when I could really use another Utility bat.

It feels like ever since he hurt his finger, he hasn't done ANYTHING - except for a pinch hit 2r HR which he was probably benched on most teams bc he obviously didn't start. Plus he's been caught stealing a couple times too, dropping his SB success rate down to 7 for 12. Combine this with his raising SO numbers & a miserable lineup where Rosario has taken over his leadoff spot & I'm struggling to keep him. Thoughts on Nimmo ROS??

All this could be 100% true.  At the same time it seems every player goes through long term slumps.  Kole Calhoun was one of the worst players in baseball through the All Star break.  He is white hot now.

8 minutes ago, B&F said:

All this could be 100% true.  At the same time it seems every player goes through long term slumps.  Kole Calhoun was one of the worst players in baseball through the All Star break.  He is white hot now.

You're absolutely correct but Nimmo was already "playing way above his head", flashing speed & power he never displayed in the minors. I know he adjusted his launch angle, combined with his batting eye & he appeared to have the potential for 10-15 sbs, i could buy into it. His speed now looks 'flukey' bc teams are looking for him to run & his more or less average speed is showing, plus hes striking out a ton.

Could it be a cold spell? Of course! Could it be he was playing above his head & his rather pedestrian tools he showed throughout the Minors are now showing & its stabilizing his fantasy numbers? That's a very good possibility... & that's what worries me.

He was always an OK avg, high OBP and OK power guy in the minors. Profile hadn't changed that much, just more power, which isn't so unusual for a guy getting older and reaching the majors. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, CuredMeats said:

He was always an OK avg, high OBP and OK power guy in the minors. Profile hadn't changed that much, just more power, which isn't so unusual for a guy getting older and reaching the majors. Time will tell. 

Bingo.  Nimmo is likely a .250-275 AVG guy but his OBP should be in the high .300s.  We simply won't know about the counting stats until he's got more of a track record in the majors but the ceiling is really high here.  I'm holding.