taobball

Brandon Nimmo 2018 Outlook

50 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Bingo.  Nimmo is likely a .250-275 AVG guy but his OBP should be in the high .300s.  We simply won't know about the counting stats until he's got more of a track record in the majors but the ceiling is really high here.  I'm holding.

High .300s is a big ask for a guy who strikes out that much and doesn't really have plus speed or power. Pitchers won't have an issue coming into the zone to challenge him. I could see .360ish OBP (still very solid), but not much higher than that.

2 hours ago, absknicks said:

High .300s is a big ask for a guy who strikes out that much and doesn't really have plus speed or power. Pitchers won't have an issue coming into the zone to challenge him. I could see .360ish OBP (still very solid), but not much higher than that.

You could be right, though he's at .382 right now after a month of settling in.  A 2:1 K:BB ratio should help and he should develop as a hitter as well.

Where does everyone see his outlook in terms of an overall dynasty ranking? Mixed/OBP.

Seems to have all the tools at 25 I would think top 100 potential but curious to see the thoughts of the forum.

1 hour ago, Pat Patriot said:

Where does everyone see his outlook in terms of an overall dynasty ranking? Mixed/OBP.

Seems to have all the tools at 25 I would think top 100 potential but curious to see the thoughts of the forum.

I'm curious of what others think of him too in dynasty formats. I've seen him just outside the top 100 in one obp dynasty ranking

I don't buy him being much more than 10 SB a year. 

Too many of his outcomes end in K or BB. So cumulative HR total isn't going to get much above 20s. He doesn't have the lighttower power needed. Its just above average when healthy. The super patient types end up with higher K% rates then their contact ability would normally indicate because how much more often they get deep in a count. Unless they have a great 2 strike approach.

.240-270 BA,  18-26 HR,  70-100 R,  8-14 SB, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys are welcome.....I dropped him just before the hotness 

• Thanks 1

Mets are on a very favourable road trip - lots of hitters parks, lots of righties. (I streamed Frazier). The ride may slow down next week at home against a few lefties.

Keep it up Nim.  Need ya down the stretch.

Edited by B&F

On 7/10/2018 at 9:21 AM, DemOrioles said:

Of course he’s droppable.  He’s been that way for weeks.  If you play in an OBP league, whatever hold him no one cares about OBP leagues.

His little burst of production several weeks ago came @Arizona and @Coors.  What has he done since then?  Thank you.  No homers, 1 RBI, and just about enough runs to sprinkle on a cupcake because again, he plays for the Mets.

News flash it’s not a lingering pinky injury.  Pinky injuries don’t make you strike out in bunches and they also don’t make you get caught stealing.

Since posting this fine analysis.....

.275/.398/.500

3 HR

13 RBI

19 R

1 SB

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

.275/.398/.500

3 HR

13 RBI

19 R

1 SB

To be fair, he was awful for a while and droppable. Time to ride the new hot streak though

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

.275/.398/.500

3 HR

13 RBI

19 R

1 SB

Ironically he saved his best game in a long while against "Dem Orioles" at Camden. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DidiFan said:

Ironically he saved his best game in a long while against "Dem Orioles" at Camden. 

Brandon Nimmo might be better than every current Oriole combined

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Really started picking it up again so an injury to derail or halt that was inevitable given the cap and jersey he wears.

Doesn't help that he literally dives into balls inside to get HBP. Was bound to happen eventually. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WatchMeWHIP said:

Source?

Mets twitter feed has this

Brandon Nimmo left today’s game after being hit on the hand. X-rays on his left index finger were negative. #Mets

Of course, Mets doctor probably X-rayd his coccyx. So take that with a grain of salt

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Doesn't help that he literally dives into balls inside to get HBP. Was bound to happen eventually. 

This is true I hope he stops that.

• Like 1