taobball

Brandon Nimmo 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

Doesn't help that he literally dives into balls inside to get HBP. Was bound to happen eventually. 

That's his 19th HBP this year... and that doesn't include the ones where it was ruled he didn't get out of the way.

Hughie Jennings' record may not be safe after all.

• Like 1

Just read that though he's not playing in the 2nd game, he will be available to pinch hit.

So he shouldn't miss time... now just have to hope this doesn't kill his hot streak.

• Thanks 3

Him getting hit all the time might be an issue when considering whether to draft or acquire him.

1 hour ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Just read that though he's not playing in the 2nd game, he will be available to pinch hit.

So he shouldn't miss time... now just have to hope this doesn't kill his hot streak.

Thanks, I,was about to drop him because I need games at OF.  Wasn’t much better on my wire.  I’ll hold him and meet up here tomorrow night to complain about what new way he found to ruin things for me then.

18 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Thanks, I,was about to drop him because I need games at OF.  Wasn’t much better on my wire.  I’ll hold him and meet up here tomorrow night to complain about what new way he found to ruin things for me then.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Played a game in single A last night and Was supposed to be activated today but is not in the starting lineup.  Odd.

11 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Played a game in single A last night and Was supposed to be activated today but is not in the starting lineup.  Odd.

He's being activated before Monday's game.

• Thanks 1

He's off the DL tonight. And umm hitting 8th. I know it's the weak side of his platoon against Hamels but still that's kind of excessive. Anyways OK I won't complain too much just glad he's back. 

26 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

He's off the DL tonight. And umm hitting 8th. I know it's the weak side of his platoon against Hamels but still that's kind of excessive. Anyways OK I won't complain too much just glad he's back. 

You mean you expect him to hit ahead of Kevin Plawecki?   Cmon bro.  

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

I don't see him hitting in the upper half anymore. Rosario and McNeil have that locked up now.

11 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I don't see him hitting in the upper half anymore. Rosario and McNeil have that locked up now.

He should in the top 5 at the very least against RHP. Otherwise that would be a terrible waste of OBP in a lineup that doesn't have much to spare. Bruce coming back does throw a wrench in it. Bah guess we'll see..

20 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

That’s only 2.    He is probably their best lead off hitter.  

Edited by Ratso1022

How is Rosario a better leadoff hitter?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B&F said:

How is Rosario a better leadoff hitter?

He isn’t.   He had a great 10 day stretch. August 10-19.      17 for 45.    3 walks.  3 steals.          Since then, back to earth.  6 for 30.    1 walk. 2 steals.    He’s their #9 hitter.   Nimmo deserves to bat first vs righties at least.  Probably always. 

Edited by Ratso1022

37 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Explain please

Well we have our answer at least for this afternoon. Nimmo hits 7th. 

And your 3 hole hitter for the NY Mets. Drumroll please.....

Austin Jackson. 

You couldnt make this up if you tried. 

• Haha 2