affliction

Jay Ajayi 2018 Outlook

On 8/1/2018 at 6:58 PM, joshua18 said:

Dark horse to lead the league in rushing TDs

So far, so good...

[Removed Cool Story]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Feel like this was more of seeing how his injury (i heard it was a foot?) Was going to react early. Shaking the rust off a bit after not practicing for the past couple weeks. I think the eagles started realizing he was the best option out there. Very pleased to see him grasp that RZ role and do well with it.

Volume is definatley going to cause some headaches, cause i dont think clement or sproles are going anywhere, but i think his role only grows from here.

I am never hot on Ajayi. His stats are very unreliable week to week. He'll go off one week and win the week for you but you can't say what comes next. Still, he seems to always be on my team. lol

I debated even playing him last night because I had some other interesting options but I couldn't pass on the potential and I'm glad I inserted him as my RB2. Here's to hoping he gets more than 15 touches next week because we can't expect a TD or two every week. Unless I missed something he didn't even play the 1st quarter, like WTF Pederson?

Edited by Spyplane

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Says the guy completely ignoring the fact that Wentz didn’t play today and their “starter” barely got over 100 yards passing.

Give me a break. 

I think Ajayi is the one offense player who isn't helped significantly by Wentz. Yes, the offense will be better, so there will be more scoring opportunities, but they'll be throwing more. That means more Clement and Sproles on the field. They had to lean on Ajayi a lot last night specifically because Foles is not very good. 

1 hour ago, WAPatriot said:

Top 5 back rest of season

I'd put the odds of that at about 500-1. 

Cautiously optimistic, the first half was frustrating usage wise but it was good to see him take advantage of the RZ opportunities and the positive second half (4th quarter) script. It did appear that the coaching staff decided he was the horse to ride when clock management and milking a lead came into play. Ugly game, ugly way to score 20 fantasy pts but I was encouraged by plenty of things.... all of them after halftime. At the price point I bought him at, I will expect some ups and downs. 

My head is telling me to sell the f*** high right now. The way the Eagles used their RBs the 1st half was excruciating to watch as an Ajayi owner, and frankly I don’t want to deal with that all season. 

Really putting some thought into it though, I think he is a hold. He is coming off of an injury, and demonstrated he is the Eagles’ best running option. There will be down weeks for sure, but if he’s getting 15 carries plus goal line work each week not much more you can ask for. 

People make it sound like selling high is the easiest thing in the world. Maybe in a non competitive casual league..but most teams arent going to give up a top tier talent or even a lateral talent based on 1 game. Some of you act like Ajayi is poison to keep, like he's gonna be the #1 reason you don't win a championship. I'd understand that mentality if he was a high draft pick and maybe you're #1 rb..but he's merely a flex play for me. I feel like I have enough talent on the rest of my roster that i can absorb the dud games. Rather just keep him then attempt to trade him for at best a lateral move

• Like 1

The best news is Ajayi definitely looked the part.  He ran with conviction.  If he stays healthy, he should pay dividends all year.  

Were I an Ajayi owner i'd be beaming right now.    He now looks like a 10-12 TD guy, when last year he had what, 1 or 2?    Philly looked messy, but give them a month to get Wentz and Jeffery back, and suddenly they're in top form again I think.   If they're pounding on teams a good percentage of the time, Ajayi should be getting lots of 4th quarter love.      

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Ajayi = Barry Sanders on steroids.

He should hold-out now for a top contract

• Like 1

I have him on half my teams, i thought he was good value with Blount gone at getting RZ carries, he is also a tough guy to bring down, usually breaks the first tackle.

It'll be interested to see the rest of the games this week...will it be a bonanza of broken arm tackles for all rbs because players are afraid to lead with their heads now?   

4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

He should hold-out now for a top contract

The steroids prevent him from standing still and his very presence in a space alters the surrounding gravitational force.

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

I am never hot on Ajayi. His stats are very unreliable week to week. He'll go off one week and win the week for you but you can't say what comes next. Still, he seems to always be on my team. lol

I debated even playing him last night because I had some other interesting options but I couldn't pass on the potential and I'm glad I inserted him as my RB2. Here's to hoping he gets more than 15 touches next week because we can't expect a TD or two every week. Unless I missed something he didn't even play the 1st quarter, like WTF Pederson?

He played ... If I remember right Ajayi didn't play the first two series but came in on the 3rd series

Ajayi was in on 40%

Sproles 40%

Clement 18%

off the eagles snap count s

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

He played ... If I remember right Ajayi didn't play the first two series but came in on the 3rd series

Ajayi was in on 40%

Sproles 40%

Clement 18%

off the eagles snap count s

Did he touch the ball in the first quarter? I don't remember, but maybe I was out of the room for that brief moment.

25 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Surprised no one quoted this. This is also a good sign.

someone did

6 hours ago, herschel said:

4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Did he touch the ball in the first quarter? I don't remember, but maybe I was out of the room for that brief moment.

I think you are right he didn't play in the 1st quarter

• Like 1

Classic RW overreaction. Average back gets lucky and squeaks into the end zone twice on limited touches against an average defense with a pitiful showing of an offense who couldn't score anything last night. 

He wasn't even the first option on his first red zone carry; Sproles was.

When Wentz comes back this team turns back into a high flying offense with more passing and less use of this bum. Sell him now if someone in your league is dumb enough to believe he is going to be a top 15 back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Eagles halftime HB snap count: Darren Sproles 21 Jay Ajayi 9 Corey Clement 4 Wendell Smallwood 1

Eagles final HB snap count: Darren Sproles 29 Jay Ajayi 28 Corey Clement 13 Wendell Smallwood 1

I think you can use the second half as a better gauge on the rest of the season, which is about 20/10/10.

I had no idea Sproles had that many snaps in the first half. lol.

From a non-fantasy perspective, the overuse of Sproles was just bizarre for the Eagles. The dude is 35 years old coming of a very bad injury and he looked like it to me. I thought he bogged down their offense quite a bit because they were immediately behind the chains just about every time he touched the ball. His burst just doesn't look back and I'm not sure we should expect it back at his age. 

From an Ajayi owner perspective, seeing Sproles seem so pedestrian makes me feel a little better about Ajayi this season. If Sproles is going to average less than 3 yards per carry, Pederson would be an idiot not to give Ajayi 15-18 carries per week. I don't think Pederson is an idiot.