Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jax_jaguars

$50 Roto Standard 5x5 ESPN Drafts SATURDAY NIGHT 3/31 8 PM EST

League is standard ESPN roto setting with only these changes:

2 DL SPOTS

4 Trades allowed Per Team Max each season.

Currently slated to draft Saturday Night 3/31 at 8PM EST SNAKE DRAFT. NOT A KEEPER LEAGUE

League can be seen here

http://games.espn.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=174593&seasonId=2018

Need several good owners. Great and fair players in the league we have several openings for sure as some don't want to pay to play this year. I will send a leaguesafe invite after you join via ESPN. Please post here and/or message me.

The payouts for 2018 below.

1st Place $260
2nd Place $160
3rd place $80

You will be sent a LeagueSafe invite pay once we get close to full and must pay to secure your spot prior to draft date/time.

I will make a post when the league is full so if you do not see that message I still have spots.  Post or message me if interested your email address for ESPN invite. Thanks

Very active owner here. I am available to draft and will pay, but can we get rid of the trade limit? Trading is fun and very important in Roto.

craigwagner4@gmail.com

I invited you. I’ve rarely had an issue with people doing more then 4 trades per owner in this league but we can poll on the league page about raising the limit I and it as long as majority agree once league is full.  I’ll send you an invite. Thanks still need more.

Have you considered an acquisition limit? Based on all your previous year’s results, the only way to win this league is to use over 400 acquisitions. I understand streaming pitchers is a strategy, but this league appears to have taken it out of control. This particular team (attached) seems to pick up and drop the same pitchers every single day, and he is awarded by winning the league each year. Like I said, I love activity- but it seems to have gotten to a point where this league is simply won by whoever has the most time to rapidly pick up/drop pitchers all day long. 

I have had a talk with the remaining members that we will not be doing that anymore as it’s not sustainable.  They are not winning with that strategy alone either. I have considered an acquisition limit just not sure what is fair I am open to suggestions on that. 

19 minutes ago, EveryManHasHisPrice31 said:

Interested if there are any spots left, darcysmith23@gmail.com

Sent invite 

I don't think this league needs an acquisition limit because its got the standard ESPN starting pitcher limit of 200.  From my experience managers who stream pitchers every day will be out of their 200 starts by June.

Yeah what a lot of people were actually doing was taking advantage of that ESPN rule that if you had a player for less then 24 hours and dropped him he would not be locked. So they would pick up a catcher for the day as theirs was not playing for example and then once rosters locked for the day they would drop him to get that other player back or for another player etc.  I did ask owners to limit that this season though as it clogs up the waiver wire etc. .

Still looking for 3-4

Need 3 more to draft tonight @ 8pm.  League safe invites coming to pay soon as we are close to max. Thanks

A simple rule to resolve this without making any league changes is that no one can pick up a player that they have personally dropped in the past five days. It can be a fixed rule that is followed/monitered by league members (rather then just asking people to try to limit it).

I think 5 days is extreme as I may drop someone and want him back 4-5 days later if he heats up or I have an injury etc. and that's a lot to monitor. I am committed to keeping the league in order and would just ask if someone feels someone is going overboard with add/drop and has little reason to do so to shoot a message and we will curb it as needed.

Kings_hockey22@yahoo.com

It's Chris cdyacy.  Invite this guy Brian.

I can probably one more

6 minutes ago, Orcas Island Southpaw said:

Interested if still open/stphn_maier@yahoo.com

I sent you an ESPN Invite. Thanks

3 minutes ago, cdyacy said:

Kings_hockey22@yahoo.com

It's Chris cdyacy.  Invite this guy Brian.

I can probably one more

I sent the invite.  We need 1 more for sure - possibly a 2nd as I am waiting on hearing back from one of the guys already in the league if he is going to pay/draft. Thanks