Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

This is amazing. Really on fire and so confident right now. 

i can honestly say that after watching this game that this dude is a complete monster. he is going to be an all star soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTRA1N said:

Is he becoming a must own player?

Pretty much.  A player with talent and being this hot shouldn't be sitting on any waiver wire.  I don't know of any fantasy owner that couldn't use another solid hitter on their team.

He has legit talent, so while he's batting low in the lineup, he's still providing a spark to the Yankees and fantasy teams that currently own him.  Crowning him a definite Top 10 3B for the rest of the season may be a little premature, but he could be pretty fun to own regardless.

So whats the long term value. I think it is impossible for him to hit near the top of the order in NY.

Whats about playing time in general?

Whats realistic ROS? 20hr-75rbi-with 3-4 starts a week? Or more? Drury, torreyes also there.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:42 PM, rich22 said:

team is better without him at 3b

Not saying he can't tailspin in a week, but this was nowhere near an accurate statement. He's been just fine defensively and can just plain hit-

• Like 2

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Not saying he can't tailspin in a week, but this was nowhere near an accurate statement. He's been just fine defensively and can just plain hit-

He has been hitting amazingly.    My quote came when he just started hitting and I was just echoing statements from beat writers and announcers.  People that are with the team daily.   If he keeps raking he should stay in line up.

He has not been "fine" defensively though.  But his hitting has more than made up for it

14 minutes ago, cornerback said:

So whats the long term value. I think it is impossible for him to hit near the top of the order in NY.

Whats about playing time in general?

Whats realistic ROS? 20hr-75rbi-with 3-4 starts a week? Or more? Drury, torreyes also there.

Torreyes is a Utility fielder.  One never knows what Boone is up to, but I would think Andujar mans third until such time as he stops hitting (so he could be there permanently). I can't see them sitting Andujar while he is hitting in favor of Drury.  Drury, Walker and Torres will compete at 2b depending on who is hitting.  All will spell Andujar at 3b at times.  Walker will see some action at 1b as well with Tyler Austin who is also hitting pretty well.  When Bird gets back for a week or two before his next injury occurs, he will likely displace Austin, but that should only last for said week or 2 lol. 

If he keeps hitting, Andujar will likely be the everyday 3B.  You don't sit a guy if he's producing at a high level.  Torres will likely be the everyday 2B unless he keeps having days like today.  If so, then he'll get sent back down.  The other guys left will basically be bench players giving guys days off, but I don't see Andujar getting more than a day off a week unless this is all just a fluke.  I doubt that even though he's not going to do this good every week of course.

On 4/22/2018 at 3:26 PM, TTRA1N said:

Is he becoming a must own player?

Already is.

21 hours ago, rich22 said:

He has been hitting amazingly.    My quote came when he just started hitting and I was just echoing statements from beat writers and announcers.  People that are with the team daily.   If he keeps raking he should stay in line up.

He has not been "fine" defensively though.  But his hitting has more than made up for it

No beat writers or announcers ever said that.

16 minutes ago, Markillies said:

was he everyday 3B when Drury was healthy?

No, he was only called up due to a barrage of injuries.  Drury was "healthy" at the time and was not going to suddenly lose his starting job due to that, not even one week into the season..  Then even more injuries occurred (including one to Drury) which put Andujar as the starting 3B and kept him here even longer than expected.  He's done everything withe the opportunity and was already a top prospect, so the 3B job is his now.

Drury will move into a super utility role and get regular playing time that way.

• Like 2

although gerrit cole looks awesome in houston

we are starting to see why Cashman didnt trade andujar and clint frazier for him (which i heard was the price)

by the looks of it, i dont think the yanks are gonna go for machado either...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

although gerrit cole looks awesome in houston

we are starting to see why Cashman didnt trade andujar and clint frazier for him (which i heard was the price)

by the looks of it, i dont think the yanks are gonna go for machado either...

That was never the price for Cole.  Yankees could've got him for Frazier + Chance Adams, but Yankees said they would only do 1 or the other not both.  So Pirates opted to go for Moran + Musgrove.

2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

That was never the price for Cole.  Yankees could've got him for Frazier + Chance Adams, but Yankees said they would only do 1 or the other not both.  So Pirates opted to go for Moran + Musgrove.

o really? i thought it was andujarfrazier

yea they prob shoulda done the frazier/chance trade, damn

7 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

All reports I read said they wanted Frasier and Andujar and Yanks said no. They would've gave Frasier and Adams in a heartbeat. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinstripealley.com/platform/amp/2018/1/14/16889394/yankees-trade-rumors-gerrit-cole-miguel-andujar-gleyber-torres-estevan-florial-justus-sheffield

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 2