Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

All reports I read said they wanted Frasier and Andujar and Yanks said no. They would've gave Frasier and Adams in a heartbeat. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinstripealley.com/platform/amp/2018/1/14/16889394/yankees-trade-rumors-gerrit-cole-miguel-andujar-gleyber-torres-estevan-florial-justus-sheffield

ya i thought so too...

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

All reports I read said they wanted Frasier and Andujar and Yanks said no. They would've gave Frasier and Adams in a heartbeat. 

Idk where you're getting your reports from.  Frazier + Andujar was never a thing.  Pirates wanted Gleyber Torres, Yankees said no chance.  Pirates said they'll take Andujar, Yankees said No - Torres, Andujar, Florial and Sheffield are off the table.  Yankees were offering deals around Frazier or Adams.  Pirates would've taken Frazier + Adams but were told 1 or the other.

10:20pm ET: Jerry Crasnick says the Yankees made Torres, Andujar, Justus Sheffield, and Estevan Florial off-limits during trade talks with the Pirates. They were willing to trade Frazier or Chance Adams for Cole, but not both.

http://riveraveblues.com/tag/gerrit-cole/

I repeat that I’m glad Cashman regarded Andujar as “untouchable” in trade talks - even for Gerrit Cole...

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

ya i thought so too...

Nowhere in that story he posted does it say they wanted Andujar + Frazier.

It does reiterate what I've said though; including this part "However, the Yankees reportedly offered to include Clint Frazier or Chance Adams in a package for Cole, but not both."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yanksman said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinstripealley.com/platform/amp/2018/1/14/16889394/yankees-trade-rumors-gerrit-cole-miguel-andujar-gleyber-torres-estevan-florial-justus-sheffield

I see you edited your post after I replied.  Show me where in that article it says Frazier + Andujar was ever a thing, which is what you were responding to in the first place.  Also, it says right in that article that Yankees were unwilling to do Frazier + Adams, but you say they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm thinking Sheffield

His swing/set-up is nothing like Sheffield’s

18 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

ya i thought so too...

17 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Idk where you're getting your reports from.  [...]

23 minutes ago, yanksman said:

All reports I read said they wanted Frasier and Andujar and Yanks said no. [...]

While I appreciate the discussion, is settling this relevant to the future outlook of this ball player?

Anyone seeing a lot of his ABs? I'm wondering if there are any holes in his swing we should be seeing pitchers try to exploit.

Edit: a word

Edited by Lebanasty
  • Thanks 1

Is this guy sort of comparable to a Castellanos?  His exit velocities have been suggesting a guy who hits the ball hard consistently and already has 25 HR upside in this ridiculous home ball park.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm talking max effort swings. I understand the set ups Are completely different 

I got you.  He has the unusual helicopter follow-through.

I will say, he engages in some bat-waggling.

Edited by BMcP

10 minutes ago, Turkey Burgers said:

Is this guy sort of comparable to a Castellanos?  His exit velocities have been suggesting a guy who hits the ball hard consistently and already has 25 HR upside in this ridiculous home ball park.

Sort of.  But Andujar will hold a better BA, OBP, and strikeout a whole lot less.

Ok so what’s the long term ceiling here and what position does he end up settling at? 

1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

Another XBH for Andujar.  A double.  He is hitting very well!

Those baseballs must look like melons to him right now.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Ok so what’s the long term ceiling here and what position does he end up settling at? 

3b.

Long term....he is good. But not better than the top 5 in that lineup. So 6 spot max. Numbers? Idk maybe 25hr, 85rbi, .275

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Same position he's playing now and played at all throughout the minor leagues....3B.  His ceiling this year?  Somewhere around .320/.370/.550 

Edited by MrBrown

18 minutes ago, cornerback said:

3b.

Long term....he is good. But not better than the top 5 in that lineup. So 6 spot max. Numbers? Idk maybe 25hr, 85rbi, .275

.275 ceiling? What?

• Haha 1