Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, The Waker said:

.275 ceiling? What?

He is hot right now. But his swing is long with max effort. So i would asume he ll be an under .300 lifetime hitter. .275-.290 .

But you never know. He is jung. Maybe with a learning curve he can develop.....

5 minutes ago, cornerback said:

He is jung.

Who is his Freud?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, cornerback said:

He is hot right now. But his swing is long with max effort. So i would asume he ll be an under .300 lifetime hitter. .275-.290 .

But you never know. He is jung. Maybe with a learning curve he can develop.....

I mean his average was way above that in minors.  But whatever you say bro.  His long swing will really kill him eventually.

I think you are giving your prediction.  That's not the same thing as "ceiling".

Edited by The Waker

So we should call him Miguel DiMaggio?  Or Edwin DiMaggio? (Jose Martinez owners will get it)

He's now gone seven straight games with an extra-base hit. The only other Yankees in history to do that before age 24: Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio.

I prefer Miguel Mantle

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, b0nfire said:

He's now gone seven straight games with an extra-base hit. The only other Yankees in history to do that before age 24: Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio.

I prefer Miguel Mantle

Miguel Mantle works for me...

1 hour ago, exzacly909 said:

0C72EF40-35C6-4BB2-B4DC-C4F994E0DF7C.jpeg

Im not saying, I’m just saying. 

20 minutes ago, b0nfire said:

I prefer Miguel Mantle

Let's all go buy up every rookie card out there and hold onto em for 50 years - we will all be rich!! #sarcasm #notreallysarcasm #youareaNYsportstriviaquestion

Let’s go, Miggy Manto!

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm thinking Sheffield

That very off balance swing yet somehow makes contact perfectly hitting screaming liners. Yep I see the comp!

• Like 1

I know his owners are excited, and especially the Yankee fans out there.   But after this hot streak subsides a little (the Yankees will face some pretty good pitching for a few series after Minnesota leaves) and a book starts to develop on him, what are your more sober-minded projections on him now that you've all gotten a look at him?  He hits the ball hard and I'm pretty impressed.  But he doesn't walk much, and doesn't appear to have speed in his toolkit.  And he probably hits low in the lineup all year, being a rookie.  Is Drury really just going to disappear?  

6 minutes ago, Turkey Burgers said:

I know his owners are excited, and especially the Yankee fans out there.   But after this hot streak subsides a little (the Yankees will face some pretty good pitching for a few series after Minnesota leaves) and a book starts to develop on him, what are your more sober-minded projections on him now that you've all gotten a look at him?  He hits the ball hard and I'm pretty impressed.  But he doesn't walk much, and doesn't appear to have speed in his toolkit.  And he probably hits low in the lineup all year, being a rookie.  Is Drury really just going to disappear?  

In the short term, I think he could be Starlin Castro with a bit more pop. He has similar bat to ball skills as Castro but I think he has better bat speed and is able to get his barrel to the ball more frequently. Maybe something like .280-25-90.

As for Drury, he's not even a factor in regards to Andujar's playing time at the moment. He'll be a bench bat who gets occasional starts all over the field, kinda similar to Marwin Gonzalez for the Astros these past couple of years. 

• Like 1

I sure wasn’t expected what is happening at this given time. I had my doubts, but being a New York Yankee fan forever, this is awesome and it’s has me excited especially for the future.

57 minutes ago, Turkey Burgers said:

I never was one to put out numbers, I always thought any knucklehead could put down a bunch of numbers. It takes a genius to know when to acquire or dump said asset. 

If Andujar continues to hit and stays healthy, it doesn’t matter if and when Drury comes back 

9 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

Ugh, batting 8th again tonight...behind Neil ‘friggin Walker. :rolleyes:

Neil Walker is the worst.

On 4/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, MrBrown said:

Already is.

No beat writers or announcers ever said that.

No, he was only called up due to a barrage of injuries.  Drury was "healthy" at the time and was not going to suddenly lose his starting job due to that, not even one week into the season..  Then even more injuries occurred (including one to Drury) which put Andujar as the starting 3B and kept him here even longer than expected.  He's done everything withe the opportunity and was already a top prospect, so the 3B job is his now.

Drury will move into a super utility role and get regular playing time that way.

You are kidding, right?   Kay mentions his poor fielding, all the time.  I copied and pasted an article on it, the other day.   Written by a beat writer

1 hour ago, rich22 said:

You are kidding, right?   Kay mentions his poor fielding, all the time.  I copied and pasted an article on it, the other day.   Written by a beat writer

That article was good for a laugh and that's it.  Andujar "could" be the odd man out.

The article started with "Gleyber Torres is not a Yankee just yet, but when the 21-year-old gets promoted, it sure seems like he will become the everyday third baseman in The Bronx."

Wrong on multiple accounts. 

Ridiculous - what are we doing here?!