Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

That article was good for a laugh and that's it.  Andujar "could" be the odd man out.
 

The article started with "Gleyber Torres is not a Yankee just yet, but when the 21-year-old gets promoted, it sure seems like he will become the everyday third baseman in The Bronx."

 

Wrong on multiple accounts. 

 

 

because he started raking the ball, geez.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite “un”-touchable.  Even for Gerrit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

 

because he started raking the ball, geez.  

Oh.... it was a great article anyhow...

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Quite “un”-touchable.  Even for Gerrit.

I believe what Rich was saying is that Andujar was only untouchable for Cole.  If the Astros offered Altuve, or Rockies offered Arenado then he would've been available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Haven’t read into his situation much, is he up for good and cemented at 3B?

 

If he continues to hit 3b will be his. If he struggles they might give torreyes more at bats and maybe drury might get back in the mix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Haven’t read into his situation much, is he up for good and cemented at 3B?

Well if he keeps hitting like he has his last 9 days(games) 16-37 you have to assume it’s his job to lose. Just like any player they go through hot & cold streaks. How much rope will Boone give him I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 12:29 AM, MrBrown said:

Oh.... it was a great article anyhow...

I believe what Rich was saying is that Andujar was only untouchable for Cole.  If the Astros offered Altuve, or Rockies offered Arenado then he would've been available.

 

 

You do know another misplay helped Gray to an early exit?   Don't just look at box score.   The article was spot on.   His leash is short.   He NEEDS to keep raking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Well if he keeps hitting like he has his last 9 days(games) 16-37 you have to assume it’s his job to lose. Just like any player they go through hot & cold streaks. How much rope will Boone give him I have no idea.

 

Problem is , no one ever keeps hitting like that

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

Problem is , no one ever keeps hitting like that

 

 

 

Well I kept Andujar after multiple recommendations to drop simply on the fact I picked up and dropped Aaron Judge twice last year.

 

I mean it's still a correct statement - but how LONG does he keep hitting like it is the question for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jahweedum said:

 

Well I kept Andujar after multiple recommendations to drop simply on the fact I picked up and dropped Aaron Judge twice last year.

 

I mean it's still a correct statement - but how LONG does he keep hitting like it is the question for now

 

 

bro, i also dropped Judge last year,   ugggg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

 

You do know another misplay helped Gray to an early exit?   Don't just look at box score.   The article was spot on.   His leash is short.   He NEEDS to keep raking

Andujar is not a good defender, no one ever argued he was.  So what's your point in that regard?


The article said Andujar would likely be sent down for Torres who they were groomng to be their 3B.  Inaccurate.

 

"Many have wondered why the Bombers wouldn't put Torres at second, given that Neil Walker (.173) and Tyler Wade (.094) haven't hit. But their belief in Wade at second — right or wrong — has been unwavering, and they invested $4 million in the veteran Walker, who has a proven track record.

Plus, Walker is the team's best defender at first with Greg Bird only three weeks into a 6-to-8 week injury timetable."

 

The above is hilariously wrong.  I don't know what part of the article is "spot on" but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Andujar is not a good defender, no one ever argued he was.  So what's your point in that regard?


The article said Andujar would likely be sent down for Torres who they were groomng to be their 3B.  Inaccurate.

 

"Many have wondered why the Bombers wouldn't put Torres at second, given that Neil Walker (.173) and Tyler Wade (.094) haven't hit. But their belief in Wade at second — right or wrong — has been unwavering, and they invested $4 million in the veteran Walker, who has a proven track record.

Plus, Walker is the team's best defender at first with Greg Bird only three weeks into a 6-to-8 week injury timetable."

 

The above is hilariously wrong.  I don't know what part of the article is "spot on" but whatever.

 

 

did you expect a 14 for 40 streak with 10 xbh?   if so congrats.     point is his leash is short.   cold streak and he is odd man out.   "because of his fielding"    you said his fielding is adequate. and I said  said it wasn't.   you are all over the place wrong. 

 

"spot on"   continue hitting sub .250, as he was at article.  he would be odd man out, because he sux at 3b.   all "spot on"  bro.   he started hitting .400   big change,   fielding not "ok"  as u think.     you are hilariously ignorant.   Please stop replying on topic.   He is relevant as he hits

Edited by rich22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

 

did you expect a 14 for 40 streak with 10 xbh?   if so congrats.     point bis his leash is short.   cold streak and he is odd man out.   "because of his fielding"    you said his fielding is adequate. and said no one said it wasn't.   you are all over the place wrong.   

False accusations now.  Tell me where I said "no one ever said there were issues with his fielding"   No, what happened is you said Michael Kay constantly talks about  how bad Andujar's fielding is, which is untrue.  He might comment on a poor defensive play like he does with anyone (and Yankees have played very sloppy defensively so its been brought up about a lot of players) but to say he constantly is trashing Andujar's defense is simply not true.


And yes his defense is adequate.  The play he missed tonight he was out of position playing 2B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what the results will be (I assume quite different) - but I'm gonna search Aaron Judge posts from last year (and no, not the same players), but I wasn't here for that and I'm curious 

 

Maybe when I wake up tomorrow some people will have linked some interesting stuff (hint, hint!)

 

*** I mean we have stats comparing Andujar to DiMaggio etc., what were those stats for Judge last year? Maris?

Edited by jahweedum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

False accusations now.  Tell me where I said "no one ever said there were issues with his fielding"   No, what happened is you said Michael Kay constantly talks about  how bad Andujar's fielding is, which is untrue.  He might comment on a poor defensive play like he does with anyone (and Yankees have played very sloppy defensively so its been brought up about a lot of players) but to say he constantly is trashing Andujar's defense is simply not true.


And yes his defense is adequate.  The play he missed tonight he was out of position playing 2B.

 

 

looks like i mixed u up with someone else.   Sorry bro.   Looks like we agree on most parts.

 

 

but his D is not adequate.  Me at 55 could have made that play.    He is an awful 3b

 

had to be you.   No one defends his defense.  A misplay every game

Edited by rich22
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

 

looks like i mixed u up with someone else.   Sorry bro.   Looks like we agree on most parts.

 

 

but his D is not adequate.  Me at 55 could have made that play.    He is an awful 3b

 

had to be you.   No one defends his defense.  A misplay every game

 

I almost made play sitting in section 90 row 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To put it simply, he would probably have to slump for quite a prolonged time to stop playing regularly even when the Yankees get healthy.  This back and forth arguing about how much of a leash he has and how bad his defense is has basically turned quite silly since it has gone nowhere for several days now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is Bird is probably only two or so weeks away . I think the Yankees will just keep giving him reps at third and hope he can improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Andujar is not a good defender, no one ever argued he was.  So what's your point in that regard?


The article said Andujar would likely be sent down for Torres who they were groomng to be their 3B.  Inaccurate.

 

"Many have wondered why the Bombers wouldn't put Torres at second, given that Neil Walker (.173) and Tyler Wade (.094) haven't hit. But their belief in Wade at second — right or wrong — has been unwavering, and they invested $4 million in the veteran Walker, who has a proven track record.

Plus, Walker is the team's best defender at first with Greg Bird only three weeks into a 6-to-8 week injury timetable."

 

The above is hilariously wrong.  I don't know what part of the article is "spot on" but whatever.

wow ... That was one mans opinion (Nick Mazza) he wrote that last Thursday. Let it go.

 

6 hours ago, jahweedum said:

If Austin weren't hitting right now the 1B Andujar experiment would be in effect

I just don't think Miguel will play one out at first this year, unless something drastic happen in one game.  What we have read over n over Miguel has defensive lapses and he never played first base (not even in the minors) and you think his first taste of action will be in the major leagues? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still smashing the ball, young guy whose defense will get better with every rep. He will have solidified himself as the 3B of the yankees for the next few years by the all star break in my opinion, he is hitting some good pitchers during this hot streak

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.275/.292/.565

Great slugging percentage but nothing else is great.  Didn't realize his OBP was so bad.  His defense is not good and those hitting stats will not be enough to keep him here.  With recent developments, I see him being sent down when Brandon Drury is ready to return in the next few days.  Good chance Yankees even decide to trade him near the trade deadline as defense is a high priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

.275/.292/.565

Great slugging percentage but nothing else is great.  Didn't realize his OBP was so bad.  His defense is not good and those hitting stats will not be enough to keep him here.  With recent developments, I see him being sent down when Brandon Drury is ready to return in the next few days.  Good chance Yankees even decide to trade him near the trade deadline as defense is a high priority.

Agreed...he sucks now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing on these forums when a player is doing great, he's amazing.  Now that he's hit a cold streak, he's horrible and will probably get sent down....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

It's amazing on these forums when a player is doing great, he's amazing.  Now that he's hit a cold streak, he's horrible and will probably get sent down....

Just thinking the same thing... what a roller coaster of a week in this thread. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.