Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It's amazing on these forums when a player is doing great, he's amazing.  Now that he's hit a cold streak, he's horrible and will probably get sent down....

Idk if you're talking about me or not.  I never said he was horrible.  His defense is certainly not good which was always well known.  Drury, who they saw as their 3B for 2018, is coming off the DL in the next few days.  Anduujar has played poor defense and has 2 walks in 73 plate appearances.

I follow the Yankees closely and this is the attitude of the Yankees toward Andujar.  I thought they'd use Drury in a super utility role but from what I'm hearing he'll be back as the starting 3B.

10 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Idk if you're talking about me or not.  I never said he was horrible.  His defense is certainly not good which was always well known.  Drury, who they saw as their 3B for 2018, is coming off the DL in the next few days.  Anduujar has played poor defense and has 2 walks in 73 plate appearances.

I follow the Yankees closely and this is the attitude of the Yankees toward Andujar.  I thought they'd use Drury in a super utility role but from what I'm hearing he'll be back as the starting 3B.

Well, from what I am seeing - he just hit another extra base hit  (double) and scored a run in a 1-1 game. Until he stops doing that frequently, I won't concern myself about thinking of Drury coming back.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

You were one of the ones I was referring to in the post.  Not the he is horrible part though.  That was somebody else, but hopefully what you heard ends up being wrong since it would be surprising if he stayed cold for long.

In the end, it's a matter of separating all of the crazy love and hate for players on here.  It's still very useful coming here, but things really swing in one direction or another quickly at times here.

44 minutes ago, exzacly909 said:

Well, from what I am seeing - he just hit another extra base hit  (double) and scored a run in a 1-1 game. Until he stops doing that frequently, I won't concern myself about thinking of Drury coming back.  

Do whatever you want.  Drury will be back in the next 2-3 days.  Just giving all owners a heads up that they should be ready to drop because there's a good chance right now that he's sent down once Drury is back.  BTW, Drury hits XBH plus is a solid defender, which is why they like him over Andujar.

40 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

You were one of the ones I was referring to in the post.  Not the he is horrible part though.  That was somebody else, but hopefully what you heard ends up being wrong since it would be surprising if he stayed cold for long.

In the end, it's a matter of separating all of the crazy love and hate for players on here.  It's still very useful coming here, but things really swing in one direction or another quickly at times here.

Yea I see that in a lot of threads.  There's a lot of overreactions.  This is not because "Andujar is horrible" or "Andujar is cold"  it is how the Yankees view Andujar vs Drury.  Andujar has played poor defense and has a sub .300 OBP.  Even with how well he has hit.  That's not going to keep you around when the Yankees starting 3B is returning.  These are just facts but you can try to mock those facts as if there's no merit to them.  Just bringing a dose of reality here.

I said when he was called up he wouldn't be here for long and wasn't taking Drury's job.  Said he was a trade chip for a top SP around the deadline.  That hasn't changed.  Different people had different thoughts on it.  Admittedly when he was knocking the cover off the ball it made me think twice and has created a dilemma.  Not an easy decision but I'm telling you what you should expect in the coming days.

You keep bringing up Drury like he's Mickey Mantle, or someone who is an irreplaceable must start option.  The guy has a career dWAR of negative 1.1.  He is not the fielding savant you're envisioning.  He pairs it with a very unimpressive oWAR.

• Like 6

Not doing the play by play thing here... but just ripped another double in the top of the 9th down 1 off of the Angels closer. 2nd of the game tonight 2 for 4. 

Just saying. 

2 minutes ago, exzacly909 said:

Not doing the play by play thing here... but just ripped another double in the top of the 9th down 1 off of the Angels closer. 2nd of the game tonight 2 for 4. 

Just saying. 

The game would've been over right now if he was at 3B tonight.  It's not about his hitting its about his fielding.  Drury can hit doubles too.  Believe what you will.

18 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Yea I see that in a lot of threads.  There's a lot of overreactions.  This is not because "Andujar is horrible" or "Andujar is cold"  it is how the Yankees view Andujar vs Drury.  Andujar has played poor defense and has a sub .300 OBP.  Even with how well he has hit.  That's not going to keep you around when the Yankees starting 3B is returning.  These are just facts but you can try to mock those facts as if there's no merit to them.  Just bringing a dose of reality here.

I said when he was called up he wouldn't be here for long and wasn't taking Drury's job.  Said he was a trade chip for a top SP around the deadline.  That hasn't changed.  Different people had different thoughts on it.  Admittedly when he was knocking the cover off the ball it made me think twice and has created a dilemma.  Not an easy decision but I'm telling you what you should expect in the coming days.

I wasn't mocking the facts that you brought up at all.  Also, you technically didn't say them until you quoted me, but either way, no big deal there.

Not directed towards you at all, but the Yankees would be stupid to send him down.  I get that his defense his bad, but he's proving right now in the majors that he has nothing left to prove.  Yes, his defense needs work, but I have my doubts being sent down will really help that at all.  He would just be rotting in AAA, which rarely does anything other than negative things to prospects.

The game would've been over right now if he was at 3B tonight.  It's not about his hitting its about his fielding.  Drury can hit doubles too.  Believe what you will.

Yes, Drury can hit doubles, but otherwise he's a below average hitter at best anywhere outside of Chase Field pre-humidor.

Edited by KilloWertz

Drury isn't their future - if the downgrade is minor Andujar has a chance to stick.  Clutch double in the 9th that would of scored the winning run if it wasn't Sanchez running

Also - you can EASILY argue for Drury based on minor league merit.  But major leagues (small sample size) Andujar is better in many categories

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Bro - Andujar was at DH TONIGHT. So why don't you actually watch instead of making up fielding issues. Geez, saying the guy blew the game on defense when he wasn't even out there is pretty bad. Makes a lot of what you say less credible IMO. 

Edited by exzacly909
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, exzacly909 said:

Bro - Andujar was at DH TONIGHT. So why don't you actually watch instead of making up fielding issues. Geez, saying the guy blew the game on defense when he wasn't even out there is pretty bad. Makes a lot of what you say less credible IMO. 

No, whats bad is your reading skills.  What I said was so clear  "The game would've been over right now if he was at 3B tonight."  Meaning there were plays Torreyes made that prevented runs, if Andujar was out there that wouldn't have been the case.

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

No, whats bad is your reading skills.  What I said was so clear  "The game would've been over right now if he was at 3B tonight."  Meaning there were plays Torreyes made that prevented runs, if Andujar was out there that wouldn't have been the case.

Even better. Thanks for explaining that ridiculous theory. 

I don't even care if he was to get sent down. I do really like the swing and think the potential is there. But there is some weird straw grasping here and some strange love for a average guy coming back from injury who couldn't get PT in Arizona before this. For a reason.  

I get it though, you listen to Yankees talk shows. 

Edited by exzacly909
  • Like 1

Just now, exzacly909 said:

Even better. Thanks for explaining that ridiculous theory. 

I don't even care if he was to get sent down. I do really like the swing and think the potential is there. But there is some weird straw grasping here and some weird love for a average guy coming back from injury who couldn't get PT in Arizona before this. For a reason.   

Sure it's ridiculous.  Run prevention is not a real thing that matters..lul  And yea the same was said about Didi before the Yankees traded for him.

2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Sure it's ridiculous.  Run prevention is not a real thing that matters..lul  And yea the same was said about Didi before the Yankees traded for him.

Yes, run prevention does matter.

No, made up scernios like "If he was out there he wouldn't have made those plays" BS - is in fact not a real thing. It is a weird bias, made up by a strange drive to an invalid point being made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exzacly909 said:

Yes, run prevention does matter.

No, made up scernios like "If he was out there he wouldn't have made those plays" BS - is in fact not a real thing. It is a weird bias, made up by a strange drive to an invalid point being made. 

You're incoherent.  It's ok all I've said is I see the Yankees sending Andujar down as all indications are pointing that way.  We know Andujar can hit.  Yankees knew that when they started the year by putting him in the minors and made Drury their starting 3B.

1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

You're incoherent.  It's ok all I've said is I see the Yankees sending Andujar down as all indications are pointing that way.  We know Andujar can hit.  Yankees knew that when they started the year by putting him in the minors and made Drury their starting 3B.

Yeah because guys that have started in the minors only to come up and take average players jobs has never happened. Go look at the Cody Bellinger thread from last season.

I am not "incoherent". Trust me, you're not so advanced in your thoughts that people can't keep up. I understand what you're saying. It is just ridiculous.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

All indications are pointing that way? Do you have any sources or do you mean to say “Mr Brown’s speculation is pointing that way?”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never said anything was decided on this already.  I understand that most of you have decided what will be done though.  We will likely know by Monday what the Yankees do decide.  For me, I'll be checking my lineups and seeing who might be available as a possible replacement if Andujar is demoted..

So are the last handful of comments basically arguing that Drurys defense will trump Andujars hitting?  Is this why no one mentions Gleyber getting sent back down?

From what I can see, the Yankees have a number of overachieving hitters probably because no one wants to go.  

Drury, Walker, Torres can all play a bunch of positions no? Plus they have the DH most the time - is it really that hard to fit them all in?  I'd think Austin or Ronaldo is the odd man out

Edited by jahweedum
  • Like 1

There's virtually no chance Gleyber or Andujar get sent down. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

So are the last handful of comments basically arguing that Drurys defense will trump Andujars hitting?  Is this why no one mentions Gleyber getting sent back down?

From what I can see, the Yankees have a number of overachieving hitters probably because no one wants to go.  

Drury, Walker, Torres can all play a bunch of positions no? Plus they have the DH most the time - is it really that hard to fit them all in?  I'd think Austin or Ronaldo is the odd man out

Gleyber Torres being sent down?  Can't tell if serious....

The "argument" is that the Yankees believe more in Drury and he's the better all-around player.  This is why the Yankees traded one of their top prospects for him during the off-season.

Torreyes is their backup SS and utility infielder.  He is not being sent down.  Tyler Austin is the starting 1B and has done better at his position than Andujar has done at his.  Also not being sent down.  They're also not going to be jerking these guys around, moving them all over the place like its musical chairs or some kind of circus just because of Andujar.

Best guess is the Yankees will option a reliever when Drury is ready. Andujar will continue to start (as he should) and Drury will go to the bench but still play a lot as a super utility guy ala Marwin Gonzalez for the Astros. 

Over the past 10 games andujar is slashing .400/.415/.875 with 3hr and 10 doubles. 

He's definitely on the verge of a demotion.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Don'cha find it funny that a so-called New York Yankee fan suggests that the Yankees might send down Miguel Andujar to the minors to make room for Brandon Drury?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2