Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

They might as well hit him 9th, so he can score more runs with the top half of the order right behind him. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kittenmittons said:

 

Yeah, because nobody in their right mind would ever move Neil Walker and his .417 OPS down in the order...

 

I could also see them putting Hicks and his .406 OBP in the leadoff role and move Gardner and his .603 OPS (with .333 OBP) down to 9th where he is still hitting in front of Judge and Stanton on the wraparound.

 

They could also re-think the batting order if/when they start using Drury over Walker more (since Walker has been awful) and bat Drury behind Andujar.

 

If he keeps this up he could and should be hitting 6th.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh I see we have Another guy who thinks he knows more about baseball than Aaron Boone.... priceless 

after all doncha know he plays fantasy baseball and he manages a fantasy team.... so God damnit why dont the Yankee brass peek into these rotoworld forums and hire some of these wannabe managers ...

 

Eventually Greg Bird will the first baseman which will push Niel Walker and his under .200 batting average to the bench. Where would you bat Bird?

 

Tell me the lineup mr mittens with Bird back? 

 

Maybe the Yankee brass don’t want to put any extra pressure on Miguel.. maybe Miguel is comfortable batting 7th or 8th. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

He needs to move up for counting stats. Right now he is just empty average with little to no power 

 

I agree somewhat regarding counting stats, but the second part of your statement is just plain wrong.  You do realize he just tied Joe DiMaggio and The Mick for consecutive games with extra base hits before the age of 24?  And you also realize that over half his hits have gone for extra bases; 12 doubles, 1 triple and 3Hrs in 80ABs, to the tune of a .588 SLG% and .901 OPS?   That does not suggest little to no power, sorry.

Edited by BigPapi44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigPapi44 said:

 

I agree somewhat regarding counting stats, but the second part of your statement is just plain wrong.  You do realize he just tied Joe DiMaggio and The Mick for consecutive games with extra base hits before the age of 24?  And you also realize that he over half his hits for extra bases have gone for extra bases, 12 doubles, 1 triple and 3Hrs in 80ABs to the tune of a .588 SLG% and .901 OPS?   That does not suggest little to no power, sorry.

When those doubles turn into bombsauce then he will have the powah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Oh I see we have Another guy who thinks he knows more about baseball than Aaron Boone.... priceless 

after all doncha know he plays fantasy baseball and he manages a fantasy team.... so God damnit why dont the Yankee brass peek into these rotoworld forums and hire some of these wannabe managers ...

 

Eventually Greg Bird will the first baseman which will push Niel Walker and his under .200 batting average to the bench. Where would you bat Bird?

 

Tell me the lineup mr mittens with Bird back? 

 

Maybe the Yankee brass don’t want to put any extra pressure on Miguel.. maybe Miguel is comfortable batting 7th or 8th. 

 

 

i'm not certain that bird's potential return has any relevance to andujar's position in the current lineup.

when bird returns you reevaluate the situation and adjust accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batting 6th against Morton, but no Judge in the lineup so don't read too far into it. Ahead of Neil Walker though.

 

Edit: a word

Edited by Lebanasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Oh I see we have Another guy who thinks he knows more about baseball than Aaron Boone.... priceless 

after all doncha know he plays fantasy baseball and he manages a fantasy team.... so God damnit why dont the Yankee brass peek into these rotoworld forums and hire some of these wannabe managers ...

 

Eventually Greg Bird will the first baseman which will push Niel Walker and his under .200 batting average to the bench. Where would you bat Bird?

 

Tell me the lineup mr mittens with Bird back? 

 

Maybe the Yankee brass don’t want to put any extra pressure on Miguel.. maybe Miguel is comfortable batting 7th or 8th. 

 

 

Since when did Aaron Boone all of a sudden become a guru of baseball?  The Yankees are doing really good, but he's a brand new manager, and who knows how much of it is the fact that the Yankees are just this good.  Maybe Boone is a really good manager and deserves a lot of credit, but bowing down to the mighty Aaron Boone as if he's a god when you have statistics to back up the fact that certain players have no business batting higher than players that have superior statistics.  Nobody is saying they know more than Aaron Boone.  We are just pointing out the fact that there are players like Andujar batting really low in the lineup behind players that aren't even hitting .200.  No matter how good Aaron Boone is or isn't, you can't deny that your worst hitters should be hitting as low as possible most of the time.

 

In the end, this seems to have blown way out of proportion.  My post a couple of days ago seems to have been one of the main things that sparked this whole discussion, but at the time my intention was only to point out the fact that it might help his counting stats if he moved up in a little bit in the lineup.  This whole thinking we're better than Aaron Boone just kind of came out of nowhere.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

He needs to move up for counting stats. Right now he is just empty average with little to no power 

.588 slugging is certainly power. 12 doubles and 3 HRs and a triple in 83 PA.  He has a .288 ISO.  

 

By all measures that is a good deal of power. 

 

He does need to walk more but he's hitting for average and for power. 

Edited by kittenmittons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Since when did Aaron Boone all of a sudden become a guru of baseball?  The Yankees are doing really good, but he's a brand new manager, and who knows how much of it is the fact that the Yankees are just this good.  Maybe Boone is a really good manager and deserves a lot of credit, but bowing down to the mighty Aaron Boone as if he's a god when you have statistics to back up the fact that certain players have no business batting higher than players that have superior statistics.  Nobody is saying they know more than Aaron Boone.  We are just pointing out the fact that there are players like Andujar batting really low in the lineup behind players that aren't even hitting .200.  No matter how good Aaron Boone is or isn't, you can't deny that your worst hitters should be hitting as low as possible most of the time.

 

In the end, this seems to have blown way out of proportion.  My post a couple of days ago seems to have been one of the main things that sparked this whole discussion, but at the time my intention was only to point out the fact that it might help his counting stats if he moved up in a little bit in the lineup.  This whole thinking we're better than Aaron Boone just kind of came out of nowhere.

Yea the worse hitters batting the lowest in the order is the most common  —  I can’t disagree with that..

I look at it —- is it wise having 2/3 worse hitters at the bottom? Maybe a manager likes to break up a lineup especially at the bottom, a better balanced lineup could work better. 

 

If Boone thinks having Andujar batting 7th or 8th is better for the team and they are winning I say keep Andujar right there. 

 

I also agree the Yankees should have Walker/Austin batting  9th 

 

We see a NL team will have the pitcher batting 8th. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

 

I look at it —- is it wise having 2/3 worse hitters at the bottom? 

 

 

Yes! 

 

Back to math class for you, then look at it again :P

 

It actually doesnt make a huge impact though, I've read an optimized basically wins 1 game per year over a really bad lineup. 

 

There is this too, but it is based on older models.

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/LineupAnalysis.py

 

 

Edited by kittenmittons
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...somebody needs to be sent back down to learn how to hit. Mediocre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying he's at his level because he's not, but if that was the case, then the Phillies might as well send down Hoskins since he's been just as awful lately.

 

He has very little of a major league track record, so maybe the bubble has burst, but the talent is still obvious.  Maybe it's just a cold streak and another overreaction here where people jump ship after building a statue for him just a week or two ago.  Maybe not, but I have to be honest that he's going to have to turn it around before the Yankees get healthier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a 4 game cold streak.  4 freaking games.  Maybe it is over but its too early to know that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Waker said:

It's a 4 game cold streak.  4 freaking games.  Maybe it is over but its too early to know that.

Did you see how people reacted to the hot 11 games? lol


But Drury is still recovering and they feel the blurred vision is still an issue.  So Andujar is the man, not going anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Did you see how people reacted to the hot 11 games? lol


But Drury is still recovering and they feel the blurred vision is still an issue.  So Andujar is the man, not going anywhere.

 

A record number of doubles is a little different than a 1/14 stretch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

Did you see how people reacted to the hot 11 games? lol


But Drury is still recovering and they feel the blurred vision is still an issue.  So Andujar is the man, not going anywhere.

It's the way it is with basically every player, especially ones with a good amount of talent.   That's why I poked fun at it all with my post a bit ago.  I know I've said this already in one thread or another recently, but if a player is on a hot streak, he's great.  Cold streak, he's a bumb that should be cut or sent down.  Now that I think about it, I think it was this thread.  That sounded too familiar. :)

 

Anyways, I'm still holding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-game 'cold streak' has come against Skaggs, Morton, Verlander and Keuchel. Not worth mentioning at this point.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah...somebody needs to be sent back down to learn how to hit. Mediocre

There's really no need to overreact like this. Andujar has faced great pitching the last few games and most hitters would struggle against them like he has. After the run he put together the last few weeks, doesn't he get a little more leash before we call him mediocre and call for him to be sent down? This reminds of the Albies thread a week or two ago when he himself had 4 or 5 bad games in a row. Looks like he is just fine now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree with this. I'm holding in all my leagues and IF he gets sent down I'll deal with it at that time. I'm not fielding offers nor am I sending any with him in them. Still only a month into the season . but feel free to drop him fellow posters. Bet he doesn't stay on the wire long. Some smart GM will snatch him up before the ink is dry. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to back multi hit games going into today, including a walk off RBI single last night against Cody Allen.

 

Today he took his first BB since 4/16.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Waker said:

His lineup spots really hurt his value.  

Yeah it's not ideal but he could be hitting 6th soon enough, maybe?

As another poster here suggested, moving Hicks to lead-off and Gardner to 9th would be optimal...whether or not Boone will risk pissing the vet off is the real issue.

Still, Andujar can hit and being the AL and a deep lineup he can produce solid numbers when hitting 7th/8th too-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah it's not ideal but he could be hitting 6th soon enough, maybe?

As another poster here suggested, moving Hicks to lead-off and Gardner to 9th would be optimal...whether or not Boone will risk pissing the vet off is the real issue.

Still, Andujar can hit and being the AL and a deep lineup he can produce solid numbers when hitting 7th/8th too-

 

Can he? He keeps getting hits but not much in counting stats.  He's not a true power hitter so he needs help getting R's and RBI's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.