Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, The Waker said:

Can he? He keeps getting hits but not much in counting stats.  He's not a true power hitter so he needs help getting R's and RBI's.

I made the same argument earlier and basically got told that Aaron Boone is a genius and we think we're smarter than him.

In all seriousness though, it is indeed hard to argue with the results the team has given, but it is still true that Andujar could be batting higher.  He was batting ahead of Walker briefly, but now he's back to batting behind him.  Even without Stanton in the lineup, Andujar still is parked in a bad spot behind Walker.  No matter how good of a lineup you are in, there are spots that can hurt you to be in.  While obviously Andujar isn't setting the world on fire like he was earlier, if you look at his game log, you see a ton of hits that have gone to waste (not counting his walk-off hit recently).

Now, I understand that the Yankees are on fire, there are only so many spots in the lineup Andujar can be in given how stacked the lineup is overall, but nobody can make an argument against the fact that Andujar's spot(s) in the lineup are costing him (and his owners) counting stats.  Obviously Boone shouldn't just cater to Andujar's fantasy owners, but it's still a fact.

14 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I made the same argument earlier and basically got told that Aaron Boone is a genius and we think we're smarter than him.

In all seriousness though, it is indeed hard to argue with the results the team has given, but it is still true that Andujar could be batting higher.  He was batting ahead of Walker briefly, but now he's back to batting behind him.  Even without Stanton in the lineup, Andujar still is parked in a bad spot behind Walker.  No matter how good of a lineup you are in, there are spots that can hurt you to be in.  While obviously Andujar isn't setting the world on fire like he was earlier, if you look at his game log, you see a ton of hits that have gone to waste (not counting his walk-off hit recently).

Now, I understand that the Yankees are on fire, there are only so many spots in the lineup Andujar can be in given how stacked the lineup is overall, but nobody can make an argument against the fact that Andujar's spot(s) in the lineup are costing him (and his owners) counting stats.  Obviously Boone refdevw just cater to Andujar's fantasy owners, but it's still a fact.

Yup.  And it's costing him at bats.  I think it's fair to distinguish between his value as a hitter and his fantasy value at this point. 

16 minutes ago, The Waker said:

Yup.  And it's costing him at bats.  I think it's fair to distinguish between his value as a hitter and his fantasy value at this point. 

Probably.  I'm still going to keep rolling him out there because at least there's a good chance he'll do something unlike some underperforming guys right now, but hopefully he gets hot enough again soon to force some counting stats himself.

3 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

he's just not worth a roster spot anymore in 12 teamers

Looks overnatched now.  Needs to pick it up quick or he is going to get sent down for Drurey. 

He needs to adjust to what they are throwing him - he's hitting a ton of ground balls but he doesnt seem to be striking out to much, needs more BBs though

Just now, jahweedum said:

He needs to adjust to what they are throwing him - he's hitting a ton of ground balls but he doesnt seem to be striking out to much, needs more BBs though

Heavy dose of off speed junk. 

He's been slumping bad!   .228/.241/.298  over his last 15 games.

Dropped him off 1 team already.  Had other options (too many bench bats that should be starting) and needed to pick up a pitcher that should've never been available.  Hopefully he gets hot now that I dropped him.

Pitch him inside early and then away to end it - I've been watching him and Gleyber a lot - Gleyber looks like a way more polished hitter.

Andujar had a wide zone he can hit, but it seems like he thinks inside pitches are more inside than they are and he has a hard time handling low and away breaking stuff, knocking a lot of ground balls with two strikes from those pitches.  

He needs to adjust badly

Every game is more expirence . Every game the Yankees win without him contributing is time on his side . Unless he just stops hitting altogether he's here to stay , As said above he is hitting the ball. 

Those will find holes . I'm loving this guy . I'm going the patience route. Those of you who jump ship will be back . 

I think hes gonna be a professional hitter..... so do the yankees...

3 hours ago, motown magic said:

Every game is more expirence . Every game the Yankees win without him contributing is time on his side . Unless he just stops hitting altogether he's here to stay , As said above he is hitting the ball. 

Those will find holes . I'm loving this guy . I'm going the patience route. Those of you who jump ship will be back . 

"He's hitting the ball"  Not really.  He's been making very weak contact for outs in most of his ABs.  Very few of his outs did he make good contact.  The longer this goes on for, the more likely that Drury returns as the starting 3B.  He's been doing very well on his rehab assignment, though the Yankees are still worried he's not 100%.

I think he has a bit of a leash but it can’t be denied that he’s cooled off quite a bit.  I think if he continues to be average at best you will see Drury come up and take a start or two a week away from him at 3rd.  Maybe they can plug him at DH a couple times a week just so he’s not on the bench but that really depends on Drurys health as well.  It’s in the Yankees interest to have Andujar and Drury involved for the long run.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Kid's given owners nothing after everyone dove in after that mini hot streak.

Hot streaks are not indefinite?

Im shocked i tell ya, shocked.

31 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Kid's given owners nothing after everyone dove in after that mini hot streak.

Not a Yankee fan are U? 

12 hours ago, MrBrown said:

"He's hitting the ball"  Not really.  He's been making very weak contact for outs in most of his ABs.  Very few of his outs did he make good contact.  The longer this goes on for, the more likely that Drury returns as the starting 3B.  He's been doing very well on his rehab assignment, though the Yankees are still worried he's not 100%.

Last 7 games , Andújar is 7-29 .259 

5 games he got a hit. 

Not bad bad in my book 

Drury is getting ready .... something is going to happen to get Drury back to the majors 

A. a player will get sent down

B. injury 

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Last 7 games , Andújar is 7-29 .259 

5 games he got a hit. 

Not bad bad in my book 

Drury is getting ready .... something is going to happen to get Drury back to the majors 

A. a player will get sent down

B. injury 

.259/.286/.259  That's awful.

28 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

.259/.286/.259  That's awful.

I get it you don’t like Miguel Andujar....

It seems by your posts you will be tickled pink if he gets sent down to the minors. Dancing a jig 

I need some help what are Didi, Aaron & Gary's triple slash line for the last 7? 

andujar is not getting sent down when drury comes back. If  anything it will be a timeshare between the two. drury can also play other positions

Andujar is in an adjustment phase, obviously, but hitting over .250 suggests he's not completely flailing.  The biggest knock against him prior to this season, and why he was supposed to be spending some time in AAA was to improve the defense.  But the dirty secret here is that Drury wasn't any better at 3B defensively, having committed 3 errors in only 7 games in the Bronx.  Andujar has 2 errors in 25 games at 3B.  Drury's fielding percentage is .833 vs. Andujar's .958.  Is .958 great?  No, but neither is Drury.  Drury, as a 3B, had a .952 fielding percentage in 2016, but only played 1 game there in 2017 (and made an error).

Then there's the bats, which the Yankees don't really need.  Per the New York Post, Drury has struck out in 10 of his last 19 ABs on his rehab assignment.  Overall he's 15-45 with two doubles and a HR, but 17 Ks to 8 BBs. 

And then there's the whole neck/migraine issue for Drury:

“We feel like he is getting closer and getting answers on the treatments he is doing and he feels like it’s really helping,’’ Boone said. “I don’t necessarily feel like he is all the way to where he wants to be or we want him to be.”  

He’s continuing to receive treatment from Dr. Gil Chimes, the team’s consulting sports medicine chiropractor.

“Hopefully we are working toward a cure, ultimately, but certainly there is a point where we still feel he can be a dynamic player if he is getting significant improvement and it is managed,’’ Boone said. “That is something that is a constant conversation that we are having between Brandon and us, and Brandon and the doctors and just trying to get him in the best possible place to be a contributor for us because we very much believe in the talent and the guy.”

And finally, Drury's played 11 games on rehab ... and committed 3 more errors at 3B.  So for all the hate in this thread of Andujar's defense ... Drury won't fix that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I get it you don’t like Miguel Andujar....

It seems by your posts you will be tickled pink if he gets sent down to the minors. Dancing a jig 

I need some help what are Didi, Aaron & Gary's triple slash line for the last 7? 

Didi and Gary have ML track records.  Aaron Hicks has been pretty bad also, I never said any of those guys were doing great.

No I'm not a big Andujar fan.  There's a lot of things I don't like about him and I'm just not a big believer.

14 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

Andujar is in an adjustment phase, obviously, but hitting over .250 suggests he's not completely flailing.  The biggest knock against him prior to this season, and why he was supposed to be spending some time in AAA was to improve the defense.  But the dirty secret here is that Drury wasn't any better at 3B defensively, having committed 3 errors in only 7 games in the Bronx.  Andujar has 2 errors in 25 games at 3B.  Drury's fielding percentage is .833 vs. Andujar's .958.  Is .958 great?  No, but neither is Drury.  Drury, as a 3B, had a .952 fielding percentage in 2016, but only played 1 game there in 2017 (and made an error).

Then there's the bats, which the Yankees don't really need.  Per the New York Post, Drury has struck out in 10 of his last 19 ABs on his rehab assignment.  Overall he's 15-45 with two doubles and a HR, but 17 Ks to 8 BBs. 

And then there's the whole neck/migraine issue for Drury:

And finally, Drury's played 11 games on rehab ... and committed 3 more errors at 3B.  So for all the hate in this thread of Andujar's defense ... Drury won't fix that.

Yea who knew that blurred vision and migraines would affect a man's defense?  That's what the Yankees are trying to get straightened out.  And it's not just about defense when Andujar is not hitting.

Mig has hit .230/.242/.295 over his last 16 games.

Also, those 3 errors he made were all in one game. The 5th game of his rehab.  Any chance that his near blindness affected that?  Important to know the context.

3 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Didi and Gary have ML track records.  Aaron Hicks has been pretty bad also, I never said any of those guys were doing great.

No I'm not a big Andujar fan.  There's a lot of things I don't like about him and I'm just not a big believer.

Yea who knew that blurred vision and migraines would affect a man's defense?  That's what the Yankees are trying to get straightened out.  And it's not just about defense when Andujar is not hitting.

Mig has hit .230/.242/.295 over his last 16 games.

Also, those 3 errors he made were all in one game. The 5th game of his rehab.  Any chance that his near blindness affected that?  Important to know the context.

I'm not getting into a protracted back and forth here, but Drury's calling card isn't his defense.  It hasn't ever been his defense, which statistically, at 3B, has been worse than Andujar's. 

Is what it is.  I wouldn't mind owning either guy ... just want pieces of that offense, personally.