Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I decided to clear my note. I don't even care to enter the discuss here with a few of these peeps lol. Mods could delete this completely if needed. 

 

 

 

Carry on.  

Edited by LarryDavid
Change of heart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

 

I'm not getting into a protracted back and forth here, but Drury's calling card isn't his defense.  It hasn't ever been his defense, which statistically, at 3B, has been worse than Andujar's. 

 

Is what it is.  I wouldn't mind owning either guy ... just want pieces of that offense, personally.

Its about the all-around skillset vs the all-around skillset.  If you look at Didi's defensive metrics with the D-Backs he was a below-average defender there.  Now he's well above average.  Maybe that's something to do with the D-Backs, maybe its that they didn't really let Drury settle into one position -- too much bouncing him around.  Or partly due to his blurred vision/migraines that he's dealt with for years.  Or possibly a combination of all those things.  I've seen  lot of Drury's games and he has a ton of ability on both sides of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Its about the all-around skillset vs the all-around skillset.  If you look at Didi's defensive metrics with the D-Backs he was a below-average defender there.  Now he's well above average.  Maybe that's something to do with the D-Backs, maybe its that they didn't really let Drury settle into one position -- too much bouncing him around.  Or partly due to his blurred vision/migraines that he's dealt with for years.  Or possibly a combination of all those things.  I've seen  lot of Drury's games and he has a ton of ability on both sides of the ball.

 

The best ability is availability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Its about the all-around skillset vs the all-around skillset.  If you look at Didi's defensive metrics with the D-Backs he was a below-average defender there.  Now he's well above average.  Maybe that's something to do with the D-Backs, maybe its that they didn't really let Drury settle into one position -- too much bouncing him around.  Or partly due to his blurred vision/migraines that he's dealt with for years.  Or possibly a combination of all those things.  I've seen  lot of Drury's games and he has a ton of ability on both sides of the ball.

 

Just my take -

 

If they've really gotten to the root cause of the migraine/vision issue I'd give Drury the job at 3b after his rehab and send Andujar back down. 

 

Yes,  I think Drury is a better defender than Andujar.

 

And I know a sub 290 obp which is what you're getting from Andujar isn't going to cut it.  He's an easy out due to his approach.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Hot streaks are not indefinite?

 

Im shocked i tell ya, shocked.

 

Just saying fantasy owners have this uncanny knack of picking up a guy and almost instantaneously turning the guy into a dud.

 

The Reverse Midas Touch, I'd call it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all moot until Drury gets healthy ...

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough about his defense and let’s focus on his offensive production in that baby bombers line up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LeftyNYC said:

Enough about his defense and let’s focus on his offensive production in that baby bombers line up. 

 

Or lack thereof?  He can't hit anything but ground balls right now.  Pitchers all seem to be pitching him pretty similar so there must be a scouted weakness and he hasn't adjusted yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

 

Or lack thereof?  He can't hit anything but ground balls right now.  Pitchers all seem to be pitching him pretty similar so there must be a scouted weakness and he hasn't adjusted yet

 

He's a hacker.   Show him fastballs up and in and breaking stuff that finishes off the plate.   Do not throw him hittable fastballs as he'll chase pitchers pitches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

He's a hacker.   Show him fastballs up and in and breaking stuff that finishes off the plate.   Do not throw him hittable fastballs as he'll chase pitchers pitches.

 

The pattern does seem to be up and in to start and then off the plate with two strikes - almost every AB - he has a long reach, but that's why his ABs are generating so many ground balls right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

 

The pattern does seem to be up and in to start and then off the plate with two strikes - almost every AB - he has a long reach, but that's why his ABs are generating so many ground balls right now

 

If you know this so does Miguel and,Aaron, these guys are pros he will figure it out.

 

He is a big fat hold in dynasty for his future as 3B for a potent yankees lineup for the next 3-4 years. If yoy are not patient enough to wait for him to figure it out then i dont blame you for moving on. 

 

When he does figure it out and based on his pedigree and minor league track record i think he will he can be a nice source for average, rbis, and hopefully even HRs. 

 

In redraft follow your gut. Andujar as long as he is starting should always be a threat for a run scored or an rbi almost every night in that lineup and i believe he will only get better with more at bats and defensive reps, not worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, MrBrown said:

.259/.286/.259  That's awful.

 

 

5 game hitting streak with 2 hits today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

5 game hitting streak with 2 hits today 

Do you actually think 5-game hit streaks are a big deal?  They're not.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.286/.286/.286  over his 5 game hitting streak that people (or at least 1 person) are excited about....lul   .572 OPS with no steals...yea that's what I'm looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get to a five game hitting streak you have to have four first. Damn. Some of you are acting like this is Vlad Jr and he's not doing what he is suppose to be doing. Don't quote me but wasn't MA like a # 65 prospect? I'm wondering what negative stuff we would be seeing id he was the third baseman for KC or TB?Maybe your expectations are too high ?  I said a couple of weeks ago he was holding his own. I'm continuing to run him out there but mos importantly so are the Yankees.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a large part of the disagreement in value is league dynamics. @MrBrown has referenced his points league a few times, but that’s not the standard league or the norm for the vast majority of players. Most leagues don’t count or penalize Ks, and most don’t count or penalize a lack of walks. Whether Roto or H2H, Andujar hitting .250+ during an adjustment phase isn’t killing a traditional 5x5 owner. 

 

Probably a good idea that we all try to remember our specific league isn’t the only league format, and a player’s value isn’t solely measured by our league. 

 

As for Andujar, I’d bet on him starting to figure things out. While not a top-10 guy, this was a strong prospect ranked largely on the strength of his bat. He's not been a complete train wreck on defense, and he’s more than held his own on offense. The Yankees are in a position to let a guy like this adjust with the strength of the rest of their lineup. There’s not much more he can learn by bashing AAA pitching. The only way to adjust to MLB pitching is to face MLB pitching. 

 

I would expect a healthy Drury to play all over the diamond like the Yankees version of Marwin Gonzalez. He can handle a corner OF, and he’s played 1B, 2B, and 3B on the IF.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MrBrown said:

.286/.286/.286  over his 5 game hitting streak that people (or at least 1 person) are excited about....lul   .572 OPS with no steals...yea that's what I'm looking for.

After reading JFS post I think I am getting it now (I am slow at times) you care about more about your fantasy team than the New York Yankees. I just couldn't understand the craziness about you wishing Brandon Drury was the starting third baseman for the Yankees and not Miguel Andujar since I thought you were a New York Yankee fan.

 

If you asked 100 New York Yankee fans who should be there third baseman Andujar or Drury.   I have to believe 100 would say Miguel Andujar.

 

Go Yankees

Edited by JFS179
No need to antagonize others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shakestreet said:

After reading JFS post I think I am getting it now (I am slow at times) you care about more about your fantasy team than the New York Yankees. I just couldn't understand the craziness about you wishing Brandon Drury was the starting third baseman for the Yankees and not Miguel Andujar since I thought you were a New York Yankee fan.

 

If you asked 100 New York Yankee fans who should be there third baseman Andujar or Drury.   I have to believe 100 would say Miguel Andujar.

 

Go Yankees


This doesn't make any sense as I have Andujar on nearly every fantasy team (before dropping him off 2 of my teams in the past week).  I have Drury on no teams.  

 

Andujar has a 0.1 WAR right now, 96 WRC+.  Not sure what's so hard to understand.

 

Yankees traded one of their top prospects, who was also the top 2B prospect in all of baseball, for Brandon Drury and said right away he would play 3B.  What's that say about the Yankees belief in Andujar?  That they pretty much think of him the same as I do.    Andujar's not doing anything to cement himself as the starting 3B right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JFS179   If that were actually the Yankees intentions then they would be playing him at more than just 3B right now on his rehab assignment.  16 games w/ 13 starting at 3B,  3 at DH.  Andujar has done an OK job at 3B but has no range whatsoever.  So him making plays that are hit right to him is not saying much, but at least he has been making all of those plays for the most part.

 

(tried to edit into previous post but was given message that it couldn't be edited.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...