Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

Just now, motown magic said:

To all the none believers . Lol!!!

kinda feel bad for drury

it seems he always gets blocked by someone

It's obvious you're being ironic, but I'll respond anyway. We care about how playing time is going to shake down, that's the extent of the interest in any other player in this thread (or should be).

It's going to be interesting to see if Andújar can stave off the more proven options when they're all healthy. This includes any potential reshuffle when Bird comes back.

Regardless, I can't understand why Tyler Austin is hitting ahead of him in the lineup at this point.

• Like 1

All this talk about Drury makes no sense.  Just look at his numbers on baseball reference.  He has a NEGATIVE career defensive WAR.  He isn't so much a more "proven" option unless you are saying he is proven to be close to replacement level.  He is unimpressive in every way, but he is good enough to be a solid utility guy on a major league roster.  If he is a starting regular on your team then it just means you have no other options.

Edited by tonycpsu
Personal attack removed.

1 hour ago, Lebanasty said:

It's obvious you're being ironic, but I'll respond anyway. We care about how playing time is going to shake down, that's the extent of the interest in any other player in this thread (or should be).

It's going to be interesting to see if Andújar can stave off the more proven options when they're all healthy. This includes any potential reshuffle when Bird comes back.

Regardless, I can't understand why Tyler Austin is hitting ahead of him in the lineup at this point.

Maybe the fact that Tyler Austin has been better than him.  That might be part of it...

As for Drury, I said this was a possibility from the beginning.  I was laughed at and told there was no way Drury gets sent to AAA.  Other possibility was Drury moving to a super utility role, which became increasingly more unlikely as time went on.

So they decided to put Drury at AAA and give some more time to Andujar to pull out of his slump.  They also don't believe Drury is fully recovered, so maybe it was a problem extending his rehab or just decided to let him go to AAA and prove he's past the vision/migraine issues.  Either way, they had that option and its an easy move to make.  Which is why I suggested it would be a consideration way back when.

Lastly. dWAR is a very flawed statistic as most defensive metrics are.  It also takes years to make accurate use of these statistics.    So when Drury is bouncing around positions with Arizona, and not able to settle in at 1 position, then you will see  some negative defense as that is only natural.  Go look at Gleyber Torres defense in the minors when he was getting moved around regularly, yet he's an excellent 2B now that he's settled in there.

However, this thread is about Andujar so the people who don't understand defensive metrics can stop talking about Drury's defense now.

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Maybe the fact that Tyler Austin has been better than him.  That might be part of it...

As for Drury, I said this was a possibility from the beginning.

Actually what you kept saying were a bunch of versions of this:

The longer this goes on for, the more likely that Drury returns as the starting 3B

You were the person most adamant that Drury was going to take Andujar's job. Its ok though. You can still drop Drury.

• Like 1

[ Let's stop beating a dead horse here, guys.  Most people are reading this thread to be informed on Andujar's outlook, not to litigate who was right or wrong about Brandon Drury's outlook. ]

Miguel Andujar now at a 0.0 WAR.  Replacement level.  As a Yankee fan this is especially sad.

.257/.267/.311 over his last 19 GS (74 AB, 75 PA)  Definitely not a guy I would want starting for my fantasy team right now.

I've dropped him in 12-team leagues and he did clear waivers.  That's pretty much 3 weeks of lame production in fantasy.   Long removed from his hot 12 games (2 fantasy weeks) in which he didn't put up crazy points.  And idk how your points are scored but during that 12-game hot streak his points total weren't crazy impressive in weekly H2H points.  And the past 3 weeks there's no way he's been anything but terrible in any fantasy league.  If you're in a keeper league or 16+ team league then you'll probably keep him.

Well as a dynasty owner of Andujar I'm pretty stoked that I may have locked down my 3B spot for a decade.  Fangraphs ranked him as the 14th overall prospect (easily the highest of any list I viewed), and I got him for damn near nothing.  He has some haters which is weird since he was a fairly under the radar yankee prospect.  But as a nonyankee fan I can promise you I'm an expert.

3 hours ago, slowride said:

All this talk about Drury makes no sense.  Just look at his numbers on baseball reference.  He has a NEGATIVE career defensive WAR.  He isn't so much a more "proven" option unless you are saying he is proven to be close to replacement level.  He is unimpressive in every way, but he is good enough to be a solid utility guy on a major league roster.  If he is a starting regular on your team then it just means you have no other options.

Andujar's defense has been pretty bad this year, so that's not a deciding factor here in the Yankees's decision-making unless they think he will improve. 

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I think this will quiet the doubters for a few days.

More like this will get his cheerleaders chirping again.  The "doubters" will look at more than just his last game lmfao

Prior to this game,

Past 7 days -  .182/167/.273

Past 14 days - .278/ .270/.306

Past 28 days -     .256/.261/.356

• Like 1

In his defense ( pun intended ) he has only made 2 errors 

Meanwhile Boston third baseman Devers has made 11 

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen this much hate for such a highly regarded young player, by a supposed fan of the team a guy plays for. Kiley and Eric over at FG ranked him the #14 overall prospect in the game this spring, and with good reason.

You'd think Yankee fans would be stoked that they are giving one of the best prospects in the game a long leash and the chance to learn on the job while reaching his potential. Not many contending teams are that patient, and you know what... nobody knows Andujar's abilities better than the team he plays for.

Edited by cs3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motown magic said:

MrBrown = Debbie Downer 

Yeah he's been an easy (and my only) Ignore user preference, just from his antics in this thread.

There's some to be desired from Andujar's game--mostly ability to work a count and draw a walk, but he has thunder in his wrists and awesome bat speed. Pretty solid work from the 23 yr old in his first real exposure. Easy to see why the fangraphs and most other pubs were so high on him. It's laughable to think the Yanks are not just gonna stick with him and Gleyber full-time and let them adjust. A fringe average guy like Drury ain't taking the reps at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah he's been an easy (and my only) Ignore user preference, just from his antics in this thread.

There's some to be desired from Andujar's game--mostly ability to work a count and draw a walk, but he has thunder in his wrists and awesome bat speed. Pretty solid work from the 23 yr old in his first real exposure. Easy to see why the fangraphs and most other pubs were so high on him. It's laughable to think the Yanks are not just gonna stick with him and Gleyber full-time and let them adjust. A fringe average guy like Drury ain't taking the reps at this point.

What does Gleyber have to do with anything? Oh thats right nothing.

Keep hanging onto Andujar's 11-game hot streak from over a month ago.  Ignore me and the stats I bring.  Ignorance is bliss for some.

This is about fantasy baseball outlook, not my fandom of the Yankees.   Do I care what Andujar's pre-season prospect ranking was?  No, and he's no longer a prospect.  If that's what makes you love a player then go for it.

In the deep leagues I'm in, he's cleared waivers and is a free agent in every league he's been dropped in, btw.

Edited by MrBrown

23 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Do I care what Andujar's pre-season prospect ranking was? 

Its obvious that you don't care. 

But most knowledgeable fantasy players care a lot more about what actual prospect scouts think, (one of whom worked for an actual MLB front office!), than what some random guy on the internet thinks who has an obvious bone to pick with said player, and who has been consistently wrong with his takes on said player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Its obvious that you don't care. 

But most knowledgeable fantasy players care a lot more about what actual prospect scouts think, (one of whom worked for an actual MLB front office!), than what some random guy on the internet thinks who has an obvious bone to pick with said player, and who has been consistently wrong with his takes on said player.

Consistently wrong on what exactly?  I'd love to hear it.

And yea pre-season prospect rankings no longer matter in late May but if thats what you're reading right now 2 months into the season then you need some help.

Interesting to see him sitting today in favor of Neil Walker at 3B vs the RHP.   After the game he had yesterday.  Tyler Austin starting at 1B.  Hmm maybe its true that some people in this thread think much more highly of him than the manager and people who follow the team religiously.

This is something I talked about as a strong possibility with the return of Bird.  Walker moving over to 3B and Andujar possibly being sent down.  Sorry folks.

3 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Interesting to see him sitting today in favor of Neil Walker at 3B vs the RHP.   After the game he had yesterday.  Tyler Austin starting at 1B.  Hmm maybe its true that some people in this thread think much more highly of him than the manager and people who follow the team religiously.

This is something I talked about as a strong possibility with the return of Bird.  Walker moving over to 3B and Andujar possibly being sent down.  Sorry folks.

Andujar hasn't had a day off since being called up lol. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Andujar hasn't had a day off since being called up lol. 

They were off Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of last week.  Only played 5 innings on defense on Tuesday.  True it must be that he just needs the rest after his game yesterday.  can't tell if serious.