Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

They were off Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of last week.  Only played 5 innings on defense on Tuesday.  True it must be that he just needs the rest after his game yesterday.  can't tell if serious.

This was more than likely a scheduled day off to get Walker some ab's, its that simple so don't make it anything more as Andujar has been raking. 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

This was more than likely a scheduled day off to get Walker some ab's, its that simple so don't make it anything more as Andujar has been raking. 

He' has not been raking.  Please use facts instead of blind judgment.  I have all the stats as I've posted them and saying he's been raking is far from the truth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

He' has not been raking.  Please use facts instead of blind judgment.  I have all the stats as I've posted them and saying he's been raking is far from the truth.

Hes batting .317 the last 2 weeks and .311 the past month. Yea the power hasn't been there the last 2 weeks but having an over .300 batting average is perfectly fine, thats raking to me. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Hes batting .317 the last 2 weeks and .311 the past month. Yea the power hasn't been there the last 2 weeks but having an over .300 batting average is perfectly fine, thats raking to me. 

Check your facts because they aren't right.    And using a sample of 10 games (2 weeks) are easily skewed by an outlier which was yesterdays game.  Not to mention .773 OPS is not what people would consider "raking"   3 XBH and 3 RBI in 10 games, 2 of those XBH and 1 RBI from yesterdays game alone. lul

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Andujar with a huge jack off a cruising Cole Hamels in his vain attempt to save his job from his teammate currently playing a totally different position.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He's shown some signs of life of late.  That is baseball.  He started off hot, pitchers adjusted, and now hopefully Andujar is also adjusting to how he's being pitched.   For me, it's a good sign.  Overall, his performance on both sides of the field, relative to his age and experience, is likely more than the Yankees expected.  Better 'real life' than fantasy so far, imo.  That said, I definitely think he is a guy to target in keeper leagues.  The fact that he has also done it in the spotlight of NYC also shows that he has a lot of poise for a young kid.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Andujar with a huge jack off a cruising Cole Hamels in his vain attempt to save his job from his teammate currently playing a totally different position.

Uhh huh huh... you said jack off

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Interesting that the guy who is always first to show up every single time Andujar has a bad game, makes a defensive mistake, or doesn't start a game, is nowhere to be found when he hits a HR or gets a couple knocks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

@MrBrown what did you think of Andujars homerun last night?

I think he does great in low pressure situations when the games not close.  The HR was great and hopefully he'll get it going.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

0-4 tonight and he is now slashing a cool .290/.310/.494 good for a 114 wRC+. That means hes been 14% better than league average.

He's on a pace for just over 2WAR/600 PA's even with his defensive weaknesses, which is fantastic for a 23 year old rookie.

As he gets more comfortable with the strike zone and sees more MLB quality breaking balls, I'm confident that he can lay off more pitches outside the strike zone and become a .330 -.340 OBP type hitter. That would put his OPS comfortably above .800 and  prove to be a real asset to both the Yankees and fantasy owners alike.

Unless of course, Brandon "1 Career WAR in 1065 PA's" Drury comes swooping in to steal his job!

Edited by cs3
  • Like 2

What is Andujar's ROS look like? And his future ceiling moving forward? All the projections have not accounted for him being the full-time 3B for NYY this year.

Is he .280/20 HR /80 RBI/.800 OPS this year? I worry about his minuscule walk rate capping his ceiling in the years to come.

12 hours ago, cs3 said:

0-4 tonight and he is now slashing a cool .290/.310/.494 good for a 114 wRC+. That means hes been 14% better than league average.

He's on a pace for just over 2WAR/600 PA's even with his defensive weaknesses, which is fantastic for a 23 year old rookie.

As he gets more comfortable with the strike zone and sees more MLB quality breaking balls, I'm confident that he can lay off more pitches outside the strike zone and become a .330 -.340 OBP type hitter. That would put his OPS comfortably above .800 and  prove to be a real asset to both the Yankees and fantasy owners alike.

Unless of course, Brandon "1 Career WAR in 1065 PA's" Drury comes swooping in to steal his job!

Andujar would have to lose the job or get hurt...Drury is not going to win anything back at this point and is on the same train as Ellsbury imo (i.e., don't call us, we will call you) except in Ellsbury's case he is going to be perpetually hurt officially lol.

4 minutes ago, motown magic said:

MA seems to be taking more walks. He also has more extra base hits then singles . 

I mean, he's taken 6 walks in 180+ PA...

8 minutes ago, harmoam said:

I mean, he's taken 6 walks in 180+ PA...

yeah, but three of those came in his last six games, so there's a positive trend lately.

• Like 1

Fair enough. I like that he does not strikeout that much, for sure. I just hope that he continues to become more selective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Which is why I said second half, not half a season. We don't even know when he comes back. He may be back before the ASB. Also, the vast majority of baseball fans refer to after the ASB as the second half even though there aren't 81 games left in the season.

Go find some other hairs to split.

Baby steps . I own in two leagues and m happy with what I'm seeing.

So far no prolonged slumps . An Ofer here and there . The Yankees are happy with what they see . That's the most important thing 

As a yankee fan and a tepid owner, in one league, he has been kinda blah.   Even though he made no errors in 31 games, prior to Tuesday,(he proceeded to make 2 since) he misses those 50/50 plays, that the average 3b make.   His lack of range, to the left, results in IF hits.   He takes too much time to get rid of the ball, also.      5 HR and 18 RBI in 45 games is below avg for a 3B.  the 26 runs are ok.    The .290 BA is good, but the .310 OBP sucks.   too bad doubles aren't a category in fantasy.    He doesn't hurt your fantasy team, but he also doesn't help it.  He is just a fill in type.

I expect the yankees to demote Austin soon.  Give him regular AB's at AAA.    Drury or Torreyes will come up and I believe Andujar will lose some PT (just a game or two a week)  This is what should happen.   It is just my hypothesis     

Edited by rich22

18 hours ago, harmoam said:

Fair enough. I like that he does not strikeout that much, for sure. I just hope that he continues to become more selective.

36 K's in 45 games is a decent amount.   rounds out to a 130 K season

I'd be very trepidatious about his PT going forward......   5-6 games per week at most     not worth the empty stats.   A very good daily lineup fill in

1 minute ago, rich22 said:

I'd be very trepidatious about his PT going forward......   5-6 games per week at most     not worth the empty stats.   A very good daily lineup fill in

Andujar is hitting .317/.331/.524 with four home runs and 15 RBI against right-handed pitching this season, and owns a .943 OPS over the last 14 days.

This thread has been overrun with useless bickering and will be closed for a bit while we clean up the mess.

• Like 3

I just picked him up. 6 HR's, 21 RBI's, with a .294 average. Him and Gleybar have played awesome this year. Do you guys think his solid start is sustainable, or will he hit a rookie wall like Judge did last year?