Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, inmybag said:

I just picked him up. 6 HR's, 21 RBI's, with a .294 average. Him and Gleybar have played awesome this year. Do you guys think his solid start is sustainable, or will he hit a rookie wall like Judge did last year?

Judge was the best player in baseball last year. And hit 16 home runs in September (and OPSed over 1.000 against the Astros in the ALCS). Not sure I'd say he hit a rookie wall. 

As for Andujar, he has an uncanny ability to get his barrel to the ball. His barrel% is currently 10.5% which is well above average and his average exit velocity is 91.6 MPH which is also well above the MLB average of 87.3. Combine that with the fact that he plays in a great ballpark and is surrounded by the best lineup in baseball and it's hard to figure why this wouldn't be sustainable.

His fly ball profile is a little concerning, fly ball rate is only 31% and his Infield fly ball rate is high at 15.6%. Can’t see the power numbers increasing with those fly ball numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, InMyBagYo said:

He did in July and August, but he's played lights out in his sophmore season. But anyways, I do like that exit velocity number, and I feel the same way. Hitting out of the 8th spot isn't ideal, but he does have the lineup to put up numbers. I haven't watched him play much this year, I only go off what I see on the stat sheet. 

He's hitting 6th in the first game today, any possibility that might stick? 

57 minutes ago, smeeze said:

He's hitting 6th in the first game today, any possibility that might stick? 

I do not believe so...

still in shocked over the Andujar comments from the two Yankee fans

You can put it on the board, YES!  I'm wondering if the nay-sayers still are questioning this kid.

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Is he raking now??

confirmed raking

haters confirmed this

Image result for sideshow bob rake

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigPapi44 said:

You can put it on the board, YES!  I'm wondering if the nay-sayers still are questioning this kid.

Naysayers will mention Oh walked the batter ahead of him and Andujar jumped a first pitch meatball. 

He's an extra base hit machine; would love to continue to see guys on base ahead of him.

Interesting.

Andujar gets hot, gets his wRC+ over 130, gets his OPS over .870, hits a grandslam, and all the Andujaters suddenly disappear. 

• Like 6

Extra base machine! Love the walks ticking up too. Feels like his settling in after the league began adjusting to him.

• Like 1

Like Boston and Houston, I will take just about anyone hitting well in this lineup.  Especially with their home park.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Like Boston and Houston, I will take just about anyone hitting well in this lineup.  Especially with their home park.

200.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Extra base machine! Love the walks ticking up too. Feels like his settling in after the league began adjusting to him.

I agree.

14 hours ago, erik vulaj said:

keep him in that 5-6 slot and watch him become a top 5 third baseman this year

I agree. Ive been waiting/hoping for him to crack the top 6 in the lineup, batting 7-8 has been killing his counting stats. 

Really hope this lineup lasts!

9 hours ago, Jrick45 said:

I agree. Ive been waiting/hoping for him to crack the top 6 in the lineup, batting 7-8 has been killing his counting stats. 

Really hope this lineup lasts!

Unfortunately, he's back down to 7th tonight...