Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Just keep hitting Miggy, make Boone be forced into changing up the lineup.

Boone has obviously been a stubborn one so far, especially with Andujar.  I find it hard to believe that he can leave people in the middle of the lineup hitting under .200 and now higher than around .240 forever though.  Obviously Judge and Stanton are staying there, and obviously I understand that, but I don't see another guy batting ahead of Andujar right now that truly deserves it.  Yes, even Sanchez at this point.

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Boone has obviously been a stubborn one so far, especially with Andujar.  I find it hard to believe that he can leave people in the middle of the lineup hitting under .200 and now higher than around .240 forever though.  Obviously Judge and Stanton are staying there, and obviously I understand that, but I don't see another guy batting ahead of Andujar right now that truly deserves it.  Yes, even Sanchez at this point.

Andujar is unjustifiably in a position he'd rather not be in! He'll find himself hitting moved up sooner rather than later. 

The cream always rises to the top YEAH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boone is a moron.  He has Stanton hitting 2nd tonight with Andujar hitting 7th only ahead of the pitcher and Torres, who is considered the 2nd leadoff man.

Last nighh Andujar hit 5th and did well.  Greg Bird has been terrible but he hits 3rd.

10 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Boone is a moron.  He has Stanton hitting 2nd tonight with Andujar hitting 7th only ahead of the pitcher and Torres, who is considered the 2nd leadoff man.

Last nighh Andujar hit 5th and did well.  Greg Bird has been terrible but he hits 3rd.

and yet the Yankees have the best record in baseball

10 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Don’t know what all the love is for Greg Bird.  Yes, he has a nice swing but hits for low average and an occasional HR.  He should be dropped down to 6 or 7 imo.

• Like 1

Bird should be dropped, but he is the only left-handed bat so Boone thinks he's doing the 'right thing' by breaking up all the right handers. 

Its a christmas miracle, andujar is finally hitting ahead of that bum bird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ROS thoughts? Obviously in a great lineup and hitting for good average but rest of stats are pretty average, expect more of the same ROS?

On 6/11/2018 at 10:05 AM, BigPapi44 said:

Bird should be dropped, but he is the only left-handed bat so Boone thinks he's doing the 'right thing' by breaking up all the right handers. 

DiDi is left handed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, motown magic said:

DiDi is left handed

Yes, sorry should have clarified with Didi's struggles of late, it seemed Boone was putting Bird in that spot to try and see if he could spark something.

Days of Bird at #3 are over.  He had a shot to Run away with the spot while DiDi was Struggling.

Thats over now, didi just took it back.  Its a dog eat dog world.

4 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

ROS thoughts? Obviously in a great lineup and hitting for good average but rest of stats are pretty average, expect more of the same ROS?

Pretty much.  Not a knock on him at all, but it doesn't look like he'll ever get moved up to a good spot for counting stats barring injury, so I don't see room for improvement.  He's still well worth owning if you have him of course since he's still useful with the batting average and the occasional counting stat.

He's better than most that are hitting 7-8-9 

especially in that lineup, ballpark and division 

happy to own him in theee leagues. They can't all be 3-4-5 hitters and all stars 

2-20 over the last week, zero counting stats. He doesn't steal bases so in my shallow league I'm a little worried.

18 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Notha BOMB! This guy is sick 

yep

i wouldnt trade this guy for anyone except degrom...which wont happen.  looks like the yankees are gonna play with the staff they have. maybe they add a JA Happ or something

On 6/18/2018 at 10:10 PM, Redphan said:

2-20 over the last week, zero counting stats. He doesn't steal bases so in my shallow league I'm a little worried.

So did you really think he was going to go through the whole season without a mini slump or two? 

On 6/21/2018 at 2:27 PM, motown magic said:

So did you really think he was going to go through the whole season without a mini slump or two? 

I'm a huge Andujar fan, I've owned him since week 2. I just find that when I post on a thread about a player struggling then he inevitably breaks out.

Modest 4 game hitting streak snapped today but 2 bombs and 4 R's/RBI's since I mentioned him..so your welcome!

I love this kid as well 

own him in three leagues and have resisted all trade offers that weren't an upgrade .

Hes going to save the Yankees from trading away some of the farm for Machado 

Ding dong, just dropped another over the fence!

I swear, this dude by years end will have people that didn't own him saying "huh, why didn't I try to trade for that guy"?

Still a lot of Andujar haters out there.

A day or two ago, I ran through my daily 3 or 4 go to podcasts and then said to myself "eh, f--- it. I'll see what the ESPN guys are talking about today."

They pull up a listener question that asks "ROS: Devers or Andujar?"

To me it's a pretty clear and easy decision, and I'm sure most here would agree. Erik Karabell on the other hand cited Miggy's walk rate and plate approach and says Drury is a much better option and a much better fit (defense etc) for the remainder of the year, all it will take is an Andujar cold streak and that should be coming soon.

I laughed out loud and turned them off. What a joke.

I think Andujar has made a possible pursuit of Machado this offseason a real question. Would you prefer to spend $200 or so million on Machado, when u have Andujar for another 5 or 6 years?  It's a legit question I think.   The Yanks could always flip Andujar for controllable pitching if they did.   Personally I think Andujar is legit.  He squares the ball extremely well and should only get better.