Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

16 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

1B would be much easier to fill than wasting money on Machado.  Can't believe I just said that about Machado, but in their case it's true.  Although I suppose they could make it work once their OF thins out next season if they let Gardner walk and just put Andujar at DH instead of an OF.  I'd obviously rather see him play in the field for positional eligibility, but it's an option the Yankees may consider.

How is 1B much easier to fill if the Yankees already have Bird?  The Yankees need a 3b for their future.  It’s not Andujar. Andujar is an excellent hitter.  He is not a 3b.   Stanton - Judge - Hicks in OF.   1B Bird. 2b Torres. SS Didi. DH Andujar.  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Compared to Devers he's a gold glover 

They are pretty equal.  Andujar misses so many 50/50 plays that could be errors. 

Might be a tad early to be writing him off as a 3B

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Might be a tad early to be writing him off as a 3B

I’m not seeing any improvement.  Maybe he can play first or OF?   I guess anything is possible.   He sure is an excellent hitter. 

1 hour ago, Ratso1022 said:

I’m not seeing any improvement.  Maybe he can play first or OF?   I guess anything is possible.   He sure is an excellent hitter. 

He can pick it and has a monster arm.  But definitely has a lot of work to do on his fielding and throwing accuracy.  An off-season of practice might do wonders.

2 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

How is 1B much easier to fill if the Yankees already have Bird?  The Yankees need a 3b for their future.  It’s not Andujar. Andujar is an excellent hitter.  He is not a 3b.   Stanton - Judge - Hicks in OF.   1B Bird. 2b Torres. SS Didi. DH Andujar.  

It's much easier to fill 1B period. You just said they already have it filled with Bird anyways.

You have to give Andujar more time before you completely write him off at 3B. Like somebody else said, maybe a whole offseason of practice will help. If not, then maybe you consider moving him to DH. No Gardner, no problem with the DH then.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

It's much easier to fill 1B period. You just said they already have it filled with Bird anyways.

You have to give Andujar more time before you completely write him off at 3B. Like somebody else said, maybe a whole offseason of practice will help. If not, then maybe you consider moving him to DH. No Gardner, no problem with the DH then.

While I agree they should be patient with him at 3b, one has to consider what they want to do long term.  With Bird being a complete waste of food so far and the Yanks regard for him dropping by the day (see Voit taking ABs from him lol), one has to wonder whether they might consider signing Machado for 3b, move Andujar to 1b (which is a lot easier to play than 3rd) and just trade Bird for whatever they can get in the off season.  It would not be the worst move.  The excuse mill for Bird has always been injuries...he has been brutally bad this year offensively and his defense has not been all that great either imo.

Why not wait a year letting Andujar to show improvement if he can. If he can't/doesn't then go after Arenado as Yankee stadium plays a lot like Coors.

14 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Why not wait a year letting Andujar to show improvement if he can. If he can't/doesn't then go after Arenado as Yankee stadium plays a lot like Coors.

Because Machado is just fine and while no Arenado in the field, has proven he can hit in the AL East while Arenado is to a certain extent, a Coors field product.  Add in, you can always play Andujar as the DH, part time 3b, maybe even try him at 1b.  A few weeks ago I figured Machado was going to be out of luck wrt the Yankees.  Now, with Andujar showing iron glove tendencies at 3b, Bird being a waste of food, etc, the opportunity to pick up Machado and move Andujar to a less challenging defensive position or DH seems like a viable option.

51 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

not even close

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

In terms of homers, Yankee Stadium has been more of a hitter's park than Coors this season. Both parks are hitter-friendly. 

So have 8 other parks. But Coors is Coors... YS isn't nearly as hitter friendly. 

Although it's closer this season, check the Park Factors for recent years and compare Coors to YS. http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

pop-ups become HR

Only to RF. CF and left center are exceedingly fair and it takes a shot to get it out in those directions.

another HR and 4 rbi yesterday. hitting an even 300

runaway ROY in AL.  hes probably only behind Acuna in all of baseball for rookies. funny how baseball works....this guy was only in the top 25 of 1 prospect list before the season.

such a great game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Yankees have to keep Andujar in the middle of their lineup even when the team finally gets fully healthy.  He's been ridiculous once they finally moved him up to the middle of the order, and hopefully Boone has actually seen the need to leave him where he is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

The Yankees have to keep Andujar in the middle of their lineup even when the team finally gets fully healthy.  He's been ridiculous once they finally moved him up to the middle of the order, and hopefully Boone has actually seen the need to leave him where he is.

Agreed. Why is he hitting cleanup and not #3? He’s much better suited for that than Hicks.

7 hours ago, UberRebel said:

Agreed. Why is he hitting cleanup and not #3? He’s much better suited for that than Hicks.

Honestly, like I said earlier, it's all good as long as he's in the middle of the lineup.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:29 AM, Dylanfan66 said:

This guy got me in to the 2nd round of the playoffs last night.  Nice going yo.

Miguel Andujar has been the single most important asset to my team this year, which will be my first Championship! After I traded Arenado early on in the season for pitching I picked him up needing a 3B-and he has been the stable horse of my lineup. I am a huge fan, and he keeps getting better!

• Like 1