Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

On 8/27/2018 at 6:02 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Love his K%, but that BB% is abysmal. If he can get to ~10%, he will be a fantastic player.

you can have joey votto and the walks

ill take andujar and his 35 homeruns next year :)

• Like 1

I hate to be a negative Nellie.   I love him as a fantasy owner, but I am so worried as a yankee fan.   He’s about even tonight.  Given up 2 and added 2.    Really need to find a safe position for him next year.   His fielding has regressed if anything. His hitting keeps getting better.  35-115 .300 potential?  

11 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

you can have joey votto and the walks

ill take andujar and his 35 homeruns next year :)

The elite hitters do both. He's a great player, he just needs to raise that BB% and he'll be good to go. By the way, a 10% walk rate is considered average. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

The elite hitters do both. He's a great player, he just needs to raise that BB% and he'll be good to go. By the way, a 10% walk rate is considered average. 

i know, was just joking with ya

its possible to increase walk rate with experience tho.  look at tim anderson. went from 2.1% last year to 5.3% this year.  i know 5% isnt great but he more than doubled his BB% year over year.

On ‎26‎-‎8‎-‎2018 at 6:55 PM, jfazz23 said:

another HR and 4 rbi yesterday. hitting an even 300

runaway ROY in AL.  hes probably only behind Acuna in all of baseball for rookies. funny how baseball works....this guy was only in the top 25 of 1 prospect list before the season.

such a great game

I'm not so sure about that. Is he even the best rookie on his team?

Torres beats Andujar in OPS, OBP, wOBA, wRC+ and ISO. They're almost tied when it comes to HR and WAR, even though Andujar having almost 140 more AB.

12 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

I'm not so sure about that. Is he even the best rookie on his team?

Torres beats Andujar in OPS, OBP, wOBA, wRC+ and ISO. They're almost tied when it comes to HR and WAR, even though Andujar having almost 140 more AB.

That’s now.   When he said it, that wasn’t the case.   A lot has changed in the past 6 games.   Torres has been on fire.  

IMO, Torres is definitely RoY over Andujar, he has shown to be a better all around baseball player.  We will see about Ohtani though.  Andujar should be third in the end.  

Still 25 or so more games to decide.  Like we saw a lot can change in a little time. 

Edited by Ratso1022
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

That’s now.   When he said it, that wasn’t the case.   A lot has changed in the past 6 games.   Torres has been on fire.  

IMO, Torres is definitely RoY over Andujar, he has shown to be a better all around baseball player.  We will see about Ohtani though.  Andujar should be third in the end.  

Still 25 or so more games to decide.  Like we saw a lot can change in a little time. 

Personally, Ohtani is my RoY. Only 49.1 IP and 238 AB, but still putting up a 2.9 WAR. He leads al AL Rookies in OPS, OBP, ISO, SLG, wOBA, and wRC+. Crazy.

8 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Personally, Ohtani is my RoY. Only 49.1 IP and 238 AB, but still putting up a 2.9 WAR. He leads al AL Rookies in OPS, OBP, ISO, SLG, wOBA, and wRC+. Crazy.

3-4 with 3 runs scored and an rbi today.

• Like 1

IMO, it's only a 3 man race if Ohtani makes 3 or 4 more starts and pitches well enough.  If not, then it's between Andujar and Torres.   Torres ahead of Andujar, by a little

1 hour ago, BigPapi44 said:

Anyone see why he came out of the game?

defense     get used to it        

he will be leaving games, when up in 7th or later, ROS   get used to it.   It's why they got Hech

Edited by Ratso1022
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

defense     get used to it        

he will be leaving games, when up in 7th or later, ROS   get used to it.   It's why they got Hech

He was taken out after 5 innings.   Aaron Boone is a dope.

10 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

He was taken out after 5 innings.   Aaron Boone is a dope.

it was middle of 6th and it was smart.   up 4-0 .   defense was more important than offense.  Plus, he was replaced in line up by Didi.   Nothing lost on offense.   It was a no brainer move

Edited by Ratso1022

Hechavarria started the bottom of the 6th at 3B.  So no that's not after 6 innings.  Andujar was also not set to leadoff the next inning, if he was that'd be even more stupid.

2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Hechavarria started the bottom of the 6th at 3B.  So no that's not after 6 innings.  Andujar was also not set to leadoff the next inning, if he was that'd be even more stupid.

middle of 6th I said.     Brilliant move by Boone.   4 innings of way better defense with a 4-0 lead.   Didi is no worse hitter than Andujar with the lefty out of game

3 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

middle of 6th I said.     Brilliant move by Boone.   4 innings of way better defense with a 4-0 lead.   Didi is no worse hitter than Andujar with the lefty out of game

No you said after 6 lol.  All of this is in writing you can't make it up as you go.  Andujar is also a far better hitter.  The reason it made more sense was because Andujar just made the out in the top of the 6th, but you thought he was set to leadoff the next inning which is funny.

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

No you said after 6 lol.  All of this is in writing you can't make it up as you go.  Andujar is also a far better hitter.  The reason it made more sense was because Andujar just made the out in the top of the 6th, but you thought he was set to leadoff the next inning which is funny.

you are just too quick.    i posted and then edited in like 5 seconds.   my original post had mistakes in it.   Andujar is NOT a FAR better hitter than Didi.    One can argue either way.    Please stop with that.   Don't use a 4 month sample size to support your logic.      It's close

another homerun last night

where are u guys ranking him among 3b next year?

i think hes gonna be a great value