Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

42 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Better than Drury and Torres is hurt. Andujar is young. Id let him work through it. 

His offense will pay huge dividends soon.

Torres is healthy actually, just smoked a double to the wall in today's game.

Regardless, not concerned about Andujar's play time even if Torres does get the call.

2 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Torres is healthy actually, just smoked a double to the wall in today's game.

Regardless, not concerned about Andujar's play time even if Torres does get the call.

i would be.  is he still playing third?

Edited by rich22

@rich22 - perhaps consider consolidating your thoughts into a single post instead of 4 or 5 posts saying the same thing?  Just saying ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stick to the topic at hand, Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook, this thread is for talk about the player.  If you want to talk Yankees, create a New York Yankees 2018 Season Outlook thread and chat there.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Aaron Boone is just an idiot.  The Yankees were off yesterday.  Now he sits so they can start their B lineup.  So sick of him.

Yep, pretty inexplicable. I don't mind including Torreyes but he can easily slot over to 2B instead of Tyler Wade. Wade may be the very worst hitter in MLB right now, no reason for him to be in the lineup while Andujar sits. 

• Like 2

I'll join in on the "WTF" group right now.  He's hitting really good of late, and while his defense is obviously still suspect, I really didn't expect him to sit much at all unless he cooled off for a while.  I picked him up yesterday and stashed him on my bench to play him today too.  Silly me for trying to spark my offense...

• Like 1

Last 3 games he went 6/12, 3 doubles, triple, HR, BB & no K's - day off yesterday and they sit him ..... dumb

• Like 1

I’ll have to agree - weird.  I hope he’s not hurt.

22 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’ll have to agree - weird.  I hope he’s not hurt.

He's not hurt.  Boone is just a dummy.  They probably know CC will get a lot of groundballs and want to tighten up the infield defense, but Torreyes is not even very good defensively at 3B.

Edited by MrBrown

I see that Boone is planning to hold a defensive workout tomorrow - that’s concerning for Andujar’s prospects of playing regularly.  They’re stressing run prevention at the moment.

• Thanks 1

That makes sense to a degree, the top of the order through 6 is pretty damn good, they just need the bottom three to be respectable on offense with very good defense to help the pitching staff.  Andujar is passable defense but that’s it so it’s definitely going to impact us for fantasy.

Edited by Chubbles

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

He's not hurt.  Boone is just a dummy.  They probably know CC will get a lot of groundballs and want to tighten up the infield defense, but Torreyes is not even very good defensively at 3B.

I think this must be it. Lots of righties in the lineup for the Jay's with CC throwing.

Only one game but I can't help but begin to feel like rich22 is onto something. 

In the near future we might be asking ourselves: Where will Andujar get traded, and as part of a package to get back what?

6 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

I think this must be it. Lots of righties in the lineup for the Jay's with CC throwing.

In the near future we might be asking ourselves: Where will Andujar get traded, and as part of a package to get back what?

I always though he would get traded for pitching before the deadline. Nothing to do with his defense really just due to the Yankees having other young players in the IF and he should be able to net a solid starter.

3 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

Gleyber Torres has been playing 3B exclusively in AAA for the Yankees.  So yea it does seem to me Yankees will be trying to trade Andujar around the trade deadline when they're looking for SP help.

Torreyes has already made some nice plays at 3B tonight but he also has made an error that led to a run.  His defense isn't very good especially at 3B so it doesn't make a ton of sense, but its still better defense than Andujar.

1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

Gleyber Torres has been playing 3B exclusively in AAA for the Yankees.  So yea it does seem to me Yankees will be trying to trade Andujar around the trade deadline when they're looking for SP help.

Torreyes has already made some nice plays at 3B tonight but he also has made an error that led to a run.  His defense isn't very good especially at 3B so it doesn't make a ton of sense, but its still better defense than Andujar.

I really just dont get it. Andujar is still young and probably 1 of the 5 most talented hitters on the team. 

I would think they would live with some defensive growing pains to have his super talented bat in the lineup for the offense.

Unless of course the yankees are convinced andujar will never get better at defense, if thats true then they should trade him.

team is better without him at 3b

Edited by rich22

2 minutes ago, rich22 said:

think real baseball.  not fantasy.    the yankees are better when he doesn;t play the field

so this guy is refsnyder all again ? can hit but cant field. just trade him away then so he can play on a team that will play him. 

10 minutes ago, mortl said:

so this guy is refsnyder all again ? can hit but cant field. just trade him away then so he can play on a team that will play him. 

much better hitter than Refsnyder

Is it worth stashing Andujar even with his tepid results so far over Calhoun or Vlad Jr? I really only have room for 1 unusable spec

zero chance he gets traded prior to late July.  no chance at all