Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, rich22 said:

not for someone like Andujar.  only for lower prospects

I'm sorry, where is that in the rule book?

I’m sorry  but I don’t see the big hype train on Andujar..sure he’s good but he’s a career .735 ops hitter in minors ..granted young but unimpressive nonetheless ..what am I missing besides a solid 3b option not great 

Edited by soxallday6

I can see third being a rotational spot for the yanks this year.  Once Torres is up he is gonna start most everyday, let’s assume 2b so now you have Andujar, Torreyes and Wade vying for spot starts and that’s not counting Drury (huge question mark I know).  Maybe he shows signs and can be given the keys next year at third but I don’t see that much consistency for this year in terms of playing time at least.

4 minutes ago, Chubbles said:

I can see third being a rotational spot for the yanks this year.  Once Torres is up he is gonna start most everyday, let’s assume 2b so now you have Andujar, Torreyes and Wade vying for spot starts and that’s not counting Drury (huge question mark I know).  Maybe he shows signs and can be given the keys next year at third but I don’t see that much consistency for this year in terms of playing time at least.

i would assume Torres plays 3b, since that is where they have him playing in the minors, but it all depends on Drury.  When Drury comes back he might go to 3b and Torres to second.  the IF will be Bird, Torres, Didi, and Drury once all are healthy.  Walker will become a bench player, most likely.  Andujar will be in the minors 

Edited by rich22

If Torres plays third then Andujar is minors bound but we have to assume best case scenario is Torres plays second and even in that scenario 3rd is not solely Andujar’s.

He's in the lineup for tonight.  I'm just playing it one day at a time with him for now, and it's nice to be able to actually use him since I picked him up to use him for yesterday.

15 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Stays hot with another HR.

Let’s go.

Now just waiting for our boy to come and tell everyone how bad his defense was tho. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Obviously they need his bat in the lineup. How hard is it to play 1B?

Some people it can take a while and others can get it quickly.  Josh Bell is a solid 1B now, but it took him a while.  Jose Martinez is still learning it.  I don't really watch much of the Yankees, so I don't know if he's pretty athletic like Bell.

1st base requires having good foot work, Andujar seemingly does not but we shall see.  Certainly helps his case that he’s hitting better.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

its-incredibly-hard.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chubbles said:

1st base requires having good foot work, Andujar seemingly does not but we shall see.  Certainly helps his case that he’s hitting better.  

If pablo sandoval can play first base i think andujar ought to be able to figure it out.

These are still elite athletes we are talking about. 1B must be one of the easiest positions to play

He's not moving to 1B.  Yankees just like their players to have versatility and be able to play multiple positions if need be.   Versatlity adds to their overall value to the team.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ask red sox fans about Billy Buck...its just about getting reps with your footwork, actually tougher than you think to not commit your heel too early and then not have stretch range.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He won’t be learning it during the regular season on the Yankees at least, That has to require a minors stint

He had been getting some occasional work in at 1B down in the minors and in ST as well. But he's not going to play 1B for the Yankees for two reasons: 

1. Tyler Austin has actually been really good so far.

2. Even if/when Austin goes back to not being very good, by that time Greg Bird should be nearing a return (recently reported mid-May as an ETA)

He may get a spot start there when Tyler Austin is serving his suspension for the Red Sox brawl, but even then I figure they'll just slot Neil Walker at first where he's already played a good amount this year.

• Like 1

He's been hitting .471 over the last week. A couple of homeruns. Talk about killing confidence if they send him down in favor of Torres.

15 hours ago, exzacly909 said:

Let’s go.

Now just waiting for our boy to come and tell everyone how bad his defense was tho. 

No, but you should read the article that I posted, in my last post.   It's not just my opinion.  It is what it is 

In case you missed it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/gleyber-torres-miguel-andujar-odd-man-yankees-article-1.3944256

Edited by rich22

I'm just going to enjoy the production for the time being and hope by some miracle it somehow works itself out. It'd be great to be able to keep him around given how bad offense has been as a whole so far. 

• Like 1

I typically just watch particular player ABs so I was wondering what his defensive issues are specifically,.e.g. first step, throwing, etc.

1 hour ago, STLSU said:

I typically just watch particular player ABs so I was wondering what his defensive issues are specifically,.e.g. first step, throwing, etc.

Cannon for an arm. It's his footwork I believe. rich22 is the resident critic/expert so maybe he can elaborate.

• Like 1