Lebanasty

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

And those clutch hits are why he isn’t going to the bench any time soon

• Like 1

Bases clearing 3 RBI double.  Andujar stays hot!!!

But he'll be sent down soon guys. lul /sarcasm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm fairly sure Drury will be Wally Pipped. This guy hits the ball hard every time. 

I’m beginning to see why Cashman regarded him as “untouchable” in trade talks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, klove42 said:

And those clutch hits are why he isn’t going to the bench any time soon

The way Miguel is raking he is not going anywhere and neither is Gleyber Torres, unless Gleyber is playing 2B 

• Like 1

Is Miguel Andujar becoming the 3B version of Jose Martinez (minus rotting in the minors for years)?

In all seriousness, if he keeps hitting, I don't see any reason why they can't just slide Torres to 2B.  It's not like anyone on the Yankees has that on lockdown.  As much as I like Tyler Wade, he simply can't hit in the majors for whatever reason.

43 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The way Miguel is raking he is not going anywhere and neither is Gleyber Torres, unless Gleyber is playing 2B 

After a string of starts at 3B, Torres has suddenly been playing at 2B the last couple of days. Maybe a sign that the Yankees are thinking about the Torres 2B/ Andujar 3B option.

• Like 1

Yeah. Guy went down and got a pretty decent pitch from Stroman down and away. He ripped that bases clearing double. His swing is real nice. 

Im not going to try and predict what these teams are going to do. Honestly, who knows? (That’s counting the cat that “knows a guy in the Yankees front office and listens to the Micheal Kay show”).

All I know.. if dude is going down, he’s going back down swinging it.

His average up to a decent .250 now while he’s hitting this groove. I think the guy just needs to be left alone to get some consistent Abs here. 

If his current numbers were to be extrapolated out 500 Abs he would current be on pace for 74 runs - 21 home runs - 94 RBI’s. Those would be hovering around break out 2017 Nick Castellanos numbers. That’s even including the early rough learning curve, that people like to pretend shouldn’t happen for this early 20s guys that are swinging at offerings from the best pitchers on the planet. 

17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If pablo sandoval can play first base i think andujar ought to be able to figure it out.

These are still elite athletes we are talking about. 1B must be one of the easiest positions to play

Pablo has excellent footwork.  Always has.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

I'm fairly sure Drury will be Wally Pipped. This guy hits the ball hard every time. 

Drury has more serious issues at the moment than baseball.

Having said that, if Andujar hits his way into the lineup full time going forward Drury can easily slide to 2b.  Or Andujar to 1b possibly. 

#firstworldbaseballproblems

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Drury has more serious issues at the moment than baseball.

Having said that, if Andujar hits his way into the lineup full time going forward Drury can easily slide to 2b.  Or Andujar to 1b possibly. 

#firstworldbaseballproblems

Yankees only see Drury as a 3b and they just promoted Torres. The guy is bench fodder. 

Andujar has been lights out the past number of games.  What do you guys think, is Gleyber going to take his playing time, or do you think it's more likely Drury's time with the Yanks is done.

Yankees only see Drury as a 3b and they just promoted Torres. The guy is bench fodder. 

You couldn't be any further off base.

15 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Andujar has been lights out the past number of games.  What do you guys think, is Gleyber going to take his playing time, or do you think it's more likely Drury's time with the Yanks is done.

Torres plays 3B, 2B, and SS.  He's going to be the Yankees starting 2B.  Andujar is the Yankees starting 3B.

When Drury returns it looks like they'll use him as a super utility type player.  Giving guys regular rest and moving him all around.  This allows them to get Gardner regular rest which was part of their plan this year and haven't really been able to with all the injuries.  Gardner moves over to CF when they want to give Hicks a day off.  Drury will play a good amount of LF, also will get ABs at 2B and 3B to give those guys some regular days off.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

You couldn't be any further off base.

Torres plays 3B, 2B, and SS.  He's going to be the Yankees starting 2B.  Andujar is the Yankees starting 3B.

When Drury returns it looks like they'll use him as a super utility type player.  Giving guys regular rest and moving him all around.  This allows them to get Gardner regular rest which was part of their plan this year and haven't really been able to with all the injuries.  Gardner moves over to CF when they want to give Hicks a day off.  Drury will play a good amount of LF, also will get ABs at 2B and 3B to give those guys some regular days off.

What positions did Drury play in spring training?

12 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Who cares what he played in ST. Practice games are all about getting reps. Once the regular season begins ST is 100% meaningless. Its pretty likely he becomes a bench bat/utility man who only starts a couple times per week. The Yankees never signed him to be a starter all season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Who cares what he played in ST. Practice games are all about getting reps. Once the regular season begins ST is 100% meaningless. Its pretty likely he becomes a bench bat/utility man who only starts a couple times per week. The Yankees never signed him to be a starter all season. 

Didn't I say he'd be bench fodder?

2017 Drury played 2B 

2016 —- 2B/3B & RF LF

Didn't I say he'd be bench fodder?

I think the person misunderstood you and thought you meant that Andujar will be bench fodder.  That's how I took it all at least.

Anyways, even though Andujar's defense is still an obvious work in progress and may never improve that much, what I think is the most likely scenario is Andujar continues to play 3B and Torres takes over at 2B.  It's the most logical thing to do, and the Yankees don't seem to be a dumb franchise like the Reds.  If Torres hits the ground running and Andujar continues to progress offensively like he has been, the Yankees could be really scary really soon.  Offensively at least.

Day one of the Gleyber era - Austin playing first and hitting 6th, Andujar playing third and hitting 7th, Gleyber playing second hitting 8th.

Wade sent down.  A lot of moving parts to deal with depending on when Drury is ready to come back. Drury, Austin, R. Torres and Walker to fight for ABs.

Good to see Miggy going nowhere. That lineup is going to get even scarier soon, look out pitchers.