Sign in to follow this  
khabibul35

Brandon Crawford 2018 Outlook

Well, a few days into the season and Crawford has no thread. Yeah, he's not the most exciting guy but it's good to consider guys like him when an injury comes up.

Personally, I think he's not a top 20 SS these days and mostly not worth owning, but I've been wrong before.

He's had a pretty rough start, but his May has gone well thus far...9-for-18, 4-1-7-0. 

30 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He's had a pretty rough start, but his May has gone well thus far...9-for-18, 4-1-7-0. 

Definitely has.  Since his average as come up so much so quickly, one has to wonder how much he has left in the current hot streak's tank already, but it wasn't that long ago that he was a viable fantasy SS.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I dropped him the day before the streak. Nice.

Still pretty hot. He's got his season average up to .291. He's not providing much in the way pf counting stats, but he's hitting .453 over the last two weeks. 

Just keeps hitting.  Average up to .302.  Anything to see here?  Lack of counting stats a little disappointing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Just keeps hitting.  Average up to .302.  Anything to see here?  Lack of counting stats a little disappointing. 

pick him up!  Dude is solid - and when he's hot there are few better at the position.

I'm holding but very prepared for a rough week vs. Cole, Verlander, Hendricks, Quintana, and Darvish.

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

pick him up!  Dude is solid - and when he's hot there are few better at the position.

If he could hit 20 HR again and combine that with the one season he batted .275, he could be a solid MI option. I don't think we'll see him reach 77+ RBI this year, but he could be either a solid MI option or a solid bench bat. 

*peeks in, hears crickets*

So, this dude is en fuego and has been for awhile now. He went 3-3 off Scherzer today (4-4 on the day) and he's approaching top 10 SS territory in my league. An absolute savior WW pickup. Tip of the cap.

• Like 2

Having an MVP caliber season. So solid defensively as usual 

• Like 1

Hitting .439 with a 1.180 OPS since May 1st. Obscene.

On a side note, since May 1st everyone's favorite middle-round SS, Didi Gregorious, is hitting. 177 with a .447 OPS.

Crawford's batting average is nearly as high as Didi's OPS!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pjbyrne707 said:

Having an MVP caliber season. So solid defensively as usual 

As a Giants fan who gets to watch him play every game, he is so much fun to watch.  Guy makes some crazy plays, and it is nice to finally see the bat keeping pace with the glove.